Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brexit
Stay in EU/Bydand 35 36.08%
Leave EU/Adios! 62 63.92%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,351,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
In your opinion.
I tried to reason on here a lot. I ask again: What do you expect from leaving the EU, what do expect to gain, what do you think about the possible outcome?

At this point I'm not expecting an answer.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM

504 posts, read 466,325 times
Quote:
"I am starting to think a Brexit is a good idea, and I never thought I would ever say that"

EU referendum: why Brexit is a good idea - Business Insider
Fails to mention the the EU is a single customer for 44% of our exports, and to put barriers between it and us can be nothing else than catastrophic. That is the towering elephant in the room, noticed by international companies using the UK as the runway to the single market, but apparently by few others.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Relax........ I'm sure Austria won't leave the EU........... We're having a healthy discussion here on the future of the UK. Sorry to tell you I don't have any post Brexit strategies to discuss with you. It's called flying by the seat of our pants. We're British, not Europe's little poodle. If European leaders had agreed to change the rules on the right to free travel, the in camp would win easily.

Cameron went cap in hand, asking for jack ****, and even the little he asked for, was met with imperious disdain. He had to go asking different leaders to give the little he wanted. Even then, they watered it down.

We've had enough. Sorry if that offends.
So you really don't have an idea on what you are voting on? Also, asking for the abolishment of free movement of people isn't what call "a little".

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I tried to reason on here a lot. I ask again: What do you expect from leaving the EU, what do expect to gain, what do you think about the possible outcome?

Welcome to my world.

I've been doing the same with about 200 others elsewhere. Not one credible answer has been forthcoming.

These people are thick. Frankly, it's a waste of time trying to debate with them. I'm utterly sick of it all.

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Relax........ I'm sure Austria won't leave the EU........... We're having a healthy discussion here on the future of the UK. Sorry to tell you I don't have any post Brexit strategies to discuss with you. It's called flying by the seat of our pants. We're British, not Europe's little poodle. If European leaders had agreed to change the rules on the right to free travel, the in camp would win easily.

Cameron went cap in hand, asking for jack ****, and even the little he asked for, was met with imperious disdain. He had to go asking different leaders to give the little he wanted. Even then, they watered it down.

We've had enough. Sorry if that offends.
Austria is essentially a satellite of the German economy. They can't afford to leave.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:16 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:

I have already told you what I think the outcome will be. More negotiations, a new settlement which meets some of the main UK concerns and a second referendum.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
We're British, not Europe's little poodle..
Ah, the man who never reads The Sun.

Sounds like you've just swallowed today's copy.

Other EU countries are about to have their own little wave of immigration - from the brightest and the best of British folk who don't want to remain in a country with pathetic tabloid minded people like you.

EU's gain, I'd say. They should have an EU-wide party next Friday.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Austria is essentially a satellite of the German economy. They can't afford to leave.
Awww... Cute

You are basically a satellite of the European banking system... Good luck when that's taken from you...

Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I have already told you what I think the outcome will be. More negotiations, a new settlement which meets some of the main UK concerns and a second referendum.
How is that even possible? The Tories won't ignore the outcome of the referendum. They will have to initiate Art 50 negotiations. The UK will leave the EU and the EEA. The UK will be the junior partner in any further negotiations. The UK will have to renegotiate it's WTO trade deals without much leverage.

It's insane to think that this will help the country.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times
Quote:
So you really don't have an idea on what you are voting on? Also, asking for the abolishment of free movement of people isn't what call "a little".
So you think trying to stem the flow of millions of immigrants to my country isn't a 'little' huh? It doesn't seem much to ask to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom