Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brexit
Stay in EU/Bydand 35 36.08%
Leave EU/Adios! 62 63.92%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:36 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,464,126 times

Advertisements

^Why can't England have 90 million ppl? Japan has 120 million, and is far more mountainous, yet it's doing fine. I mean yeah the economy is not doing so well but the quality of life remains high.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:20 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
I have never read The Sun. It was a cancerous piece of filth long before Gotcha. I remember how it treated gay people like me.

I don't believe for one moment the population would reach anything like 90 million. And it's supposed to be Remain that is scaremongering There's been many years of freedom of movement when it's been nothing like what it is now. Most of the EU economies have improved of late, which will take the pressure off.

In any case, I'm not wasting my time arguing with someone who has already posted their suicide note.

I've done OK, but not OK enough to retire. I also moved to a very expensive house last year, which means I have a mortgage again at 55, after being free. I truly wish I hadn't, but I never foresaw the possibility the majority of the country could do such a stupefying act of self harm.

The young generation are going to have such a vengeance for those who destroyed their futures in this way. Implode the economy on the off chance immigration will continue at it's current rate. Jesus.

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
I agree about the Sun, it is a disgusting rag. I was always a Mirror man when I used to buy newspapers.

The population of the UK has increased by five million in the last 10 years, to 65 million. I don't see anything stopping it increasing much more in the next 10, especially if Turkey joins the EU. Population movement from such a massive country is unnerving.

Why would the young take vengeance, when many of them probably won't even take the time to take their eyes off their phones to vote? If you don't vote, then you have no excuse to complain at the result. Your fears may be groundless, and the stay in vote may prevail. Like I said, if this occurs, I won't complain, and will just get on with my life.

As for being ashamed of myself, I am not. I feel to save this country, we have to leave the EU. I would guess the vote will be very close. So all the millions who vote to leave should be ashamed? I don't think so. We want to save the country, not destroy it.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:38 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
"I am starting to think a Brexit is a good idea, and I never thought I would ever say that"

EU referendum: why Brexit is a good idea - Business Insider

Old 06-15-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
"I am starting to think a Brexit is a good idea, and I never thought I would ever say that"

EU referendum: why Brexit is a good idea - Business Insider
I read that earlier Jaggy. Interesting read isn't it?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:44 AM

504 posts, read 466,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
As for being ashamed of myself, I am not. I feel to save this country, we have to leave the EU. I would guess the vote will be very close. So all the millions who vote to leave should be ashamed? I don't think so. We want to save the country, not destroy it.
Well destroy it is precisely what you are doing and have already done your little bit.

Time will prove me right.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Well destroy it is precisely what you are doing and have already done your little bit.

Relax ... everyone is entitled to their opinion and to vote accordingly. It is called democracy.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Worried the value of your new house may go down huh? That's the risk of buying houses, especially at the top of the market. I have bought four homes in my lifetime, and it's not always a nice little earner. You win some, you lose some.

Still, if house prices fall dramatically, it may help some of those poor young folks get on the housing ladder.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:03 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,351,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Relax ... everyone is entitled to their opinion and to vote accordingly. It is called democracy.
Why shouldn't it be allowed to call out obvious bull****? I think I asked for post-Brexit strategies three times now. No one really answered besides "I have a feeling to save my country".

Old 06-15-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Why shouldn't it be allowed to call out obvious bull****? I think I asked for post-Brexit strategies three times now. No one really answered besides "I have a feeling to save my country".
In your opinion.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Relax........ I'm sure Austria won't leave the EU........... We're having a healthy discussion here on the future of the UK. Sorry to tell you I don't have any post Brexit strategies to discuss with you. It's called flying by the seat of our pants. We're British, not Europe's little poodle. If European leaders had agreed to change the rules on the right to free travel, the in camp would win easily.

Cameron went cap in hand, asking for jack ****, and even the little he asked for, was met with imperious disdain. He had to go asking different leaders to give the little he wanted. Even then, they watered it down.

We've had enough. Sorry if that offends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom