Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 11:56 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,089,805 times

Advertisements

I can’t believe that this thread is now five years old. But I thought that I would resurrect it, to remind everyone of the glory days, when Wales got through to the semi-finals of the Euros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
They deserve their place Star. I will be watching them tonight, and saying, 'COME ON WALES!!!'
Aw, Dave would have been looking forward to these Euros coming up, bless him. He will be with us in spirit.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:39 AM

18,597 posts, read 18,889,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Why has it always got to be the English fans? I'm not being anti-English here. I'm just as ashamed and embarrassed about them, as they are not just representing England, but also British people abroad.

No wonder posters on the Europe forum call us hooligans!! These 'fans' are setting bad examples for all of us!
we have our own hooligans Star its not just English..

Old 06-11-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
we have our own hooligans Star its not just English..
Yeah, we have them in Wales as well. There have been plenty of scuffles over the years, between Cardiff City and Swansea City fans. Anyway, I hope everyone behaves themselves at these Euros.

I didn’t realise that it’s been 23 years since Scotland has qualified for a major football tournament. That’s quite an achievement. And you have ended up in a group with England! The England v Scotland match is going to be an interesting one.

Wales are playing Switzerland tomorrow. I have no idea what will happen, but I will be watching it and cheering Wales on.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:32 AM

Here’s a footballing question I wish someone would tell me the answer to: When is Gareth Bale ever going to get rid of his man bun??

I just want to get near him with my hair scissors, and chop it off for him, myself. He looks nice, but I’m not fussed on that man bun at all. Although he probably wouldn’t care about what I thought of it!

Old 06-11-2021, 08:50 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Here’s a footballing question I wish someone would tell me the answer to: When is Gareth Bale ever going to get rid of his man bun??

I just want to get near him with my hair scissors, and chop it off for him, myself. He looks nice, but I’m not fussed on that man bun at all. Although he probably wouldn’t care about what I thought of it!
He has a bald spot underneath.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He has a bald spot underneath.
Really? Or are you just making that up?! Is it some urban myth? Well, in that case I’ll get the hair clippers on him, and shave it all off.

Of course years ago, some English footballers were known for their ‘comb overs’. Some hairstyles were even known as a ‘Bobby Charlton’s’.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:38 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:
Yeah, we have them in Wales as well. There have been plenty of scuffles over the years, between Cardiff City and Swansea City fans. Anyway, I hope everyone behaves themselves at these Euros.

I didn’t realise that it’s been 23 years since Scotland has qualified for a major football tournament. That’s quite an achievement. And you have ended up in a group with England! The England v Scotland match is going to be an interesting one.

Wales are playing Switzerland tomorrow. I have no idea what will happen, but I will be watching it and cheering Wales on.

Best of Luck to Wales and all the British nations.

I'll watch as many games as I can.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Best of Luck to Wales and all the British nations.

I'll watch as many games as I can.
Thanks BNW.

I guess you mean England and Scotland by that, as well, do you? You sound like Boris did the other day, when he referred to Wales as “All the home nations”. He said good luck to England and Scotland, Northern Ireland isn’t taking part, so there was only Wales left!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-57419343

Old 06-12-2021, 03:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Thanks BNW.

I guess you mean England and Scotland by that, as well, do you? You sound like Boris did the other day, when he referred to Wales as “All the home nations”. He said good luck to England and Scotland, Northern Ireland isn’t taking part, so there was only Wales left!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-57419343
As an Englishman Boris probably (should) hope that the Welsh fail at the first hurdle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom