Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 12:03 PM

2,420 posts, read 1,613,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yes, I am salty about this! As salty as a packet of Ready Salted!
you are merely proving easthomes point about Welsh fans not liking England
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 12:17 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,089,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
you are merely proving easthomes point about Welsh fans not liking England
I do like England. I just don’t approve of the way their team has got to the final. Also, I don’t like how some of their fans have behaved. And I don’t like how much time they spend on the British news talking about the English team…

Old 07-09-2021, 02:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
I do like England. I just don’t approve of the way their team has got to the final. Also, I don’t like how some of their fans have behaved. And I don’t like how much time they spend on the British news talking about the English team…
Rubbish! You can't stand the thought of them doing well and you NEVER could! You, like EVERY other Britain that's not English, and every European have ALWAYS hated the English and like I've said before the English (historically) have been MUCH fairer minded and most (including me) even USED to support the other home nations ... Well not anymore! I LOVED the fact that the Danes stuffed the Welsh and that's even considering the (quite frankly) nasty comments coming out of Denmark with regards to the English!! WTF do you, the Scots and everybody else expect? A lot of what's spouted at the English is nothing short of vile, now the English generally don't give a f*ck about what the Scots or Welsh think but if it gets too nasty (and I think it's gotten to that point already) the English, including me WILL fight back! I suggest any Welshman stays civil around me.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Rubbish! You can't stand the thought of them doing well and you NEVER could! You, like EVERY other Britain that's not English, and every European have ALWAYS hated the English and like I've said before the English (historically) have been MUCH fairer minded and most (including me) even USED to support the other home nations ... Well not anymore! I LOVED the fact that the Danes stuffed the Welsh and that's even considering the (quite frankly) nasty comments coming out of Denmark with regards to the English!! WTF do you, the Scots and everybody else expect? A lot of what's spouted at the English is nothing short of vile, now the English generally don't give a f*ck about what the Scots or Welsh think but if it gets too nasty (and I think it's gotten to that point already) the English, including me WILL fight back! I suggest any Welshman stays civil around me.
When have I ever said that I hate the English? That’s just not true.

You support your own team, England, and you don’t support any other country. I support my team, Wales, and yet you expect me to support a neighbouring country (England) as well! Why don’t you support France, in that case? It’s only just across the channel from you!

I have tried to follow England, but it seems they don’t play fair. No-one yet, has even explained to me why you should have got that penalty. Probably because you all know that it shouldn’t have been given.

A few English fans have behaved really badly, as well. Again, the England fans on here are not mentioning anything about that. Well, personally, I think it’s awful to shine a laser in someone’s face.

Then this evening I put the news on, to you know, see some news. But what are they talking about yet again? Yes, the England team. I had to put it on mute. Can you imagine putting the news on, and they are constantly talking about Wales on there? It would get on your nerves after a while, wouldn’t it?!

So, I am going to give my support to Italy on Sunday. There are actually quite a few Italians that live in South Wales. Some of them own cafés around the towns. I know a lot of the Italians in the area, because as a child, my Nan used to take me to the Catholic church and all the Italian families used to go there. Plus they do nice food. I think I’ll treat myself to a Pizza Hut pizza on Sunday and cheer Italy on.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:42 AM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
Quote:

I have tried to follow England, but it seems they don’t play fair. No-one yet, has even explained to me why you should have got that penalty. Probably because you all know that it shouldn’t have been given.

A few English fans have behaved really badly, as well. Again, the England fans on here are not mentioning anything about that. Well, personally, I think it’s awful to shine a laser in someone’s face.
TBF -most right minded people would condemn the actions of a few idiots and especially the moron who shone the laser pen.

England fans haven't been that bad, and if you watch a lot of games in Italy or other countries there are flares and all sorts of things going off throughout matches.

In terms of Italy, nobody has anything against the Italians, we just want England to win, in the same way they want Italy to win.

There are sizeable Italian communities in various parts of the UK including London, Bedford (Brick Industry), Manchester, Glasgow, South Wales etc, and I am sure there will be Italians gathering at Bar Italia in Soho tomorrow.

Hope it's a great game, and I also hope England manage to end a run of 55 years without winning a trophy.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:57 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,299,621 times
Quote:
So, I am going to give my support to Italy on Sunday. There are actually quite a few Italians that live in South Wales. Some of them own cafés around the towns. I know a lot of the Italians in the area, because as a child, my Nan used to take me to the Catholic church and all the Italian families used to go there. Plus they do nice food. I think I’ll treat myself to a Pizza Hut pizza on Sunday and cheer Italy on.
My Italian Grandmother is spinning in her grave, why would you insult Italians by eating Pizza Hut? Can you not find a decent Italian restaurant that makes authentic pizza? Or better yet sfincione just like nonna used to make.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:58 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
When have I ever said that I hate the English? That’s just not true.

You support your own team, England, and you don’t support any other country. I support my team, Wales, and yet you expect me to support a neighbouring country (England) as well! Why don’t you support France, in that case? It’s only just across the channel from you!

Then this evening I put the news on, to you know, see some news. But what are they talking about yet again? Yes, the England team. I had to put it on mute. Can you imagine putting the news on, and they are constantly talking about Wales on there? It would get on your nerves after a while, wouldn’t it?!

Oh come on! You have got to be joking right! Sterling was tripped, he went down, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that all footballers except the English do nothing but 'play fair'! bollox! Half the Italian team spent most of their match against Spain diving and rolling around the floor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lCcvQ43WI

Now you've seen this video of the Italians cheating I fully expect you to announce you won't be supporting them in the final.................or else you're being rather hypocrytical no!!?

That 'excuse' for your hatred of the English is laughable, why don't you just confess the fact is you can't stand it that the English are still in the competition, the Scots are happy to admit it. Lets all 'hate' each other, thats what you really want no?

Old 07-10-2021, 04:29 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,608,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
My Italian Grandmother is spinning in her grave, why would you insult Italians by eating Pizza Hut? Can you not find a decent Italian restaurant that makes authentic pizza? Or better yet sfincione just like nonna used to make.
There’s a WhatsApp doing the rounds over here, it features an Italian guy, allegedly from the British-Italian community, at a microphone, pleading that if Italy win on Sunday, and young England fans do what is expected of them, vandalise Italian businesses, please leave independent family owned restaurants alone.
He adds, “We will allow you to trash Bella Italia, Ask Italian, Spaghetti House, Carluccio’s, Prezzo, Zizzi, (pauses to spit in disgust), Vapiano, Domino’s, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, and any pizzeria that has even a trace of pineapple in the kitchen.”

Old 07-11-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh come on! You have got to be joking right! Sterling was tripped, he went down, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that all footballers except the English do nothing but 'play fair'! bollox! Half the Italian team spent most of their match against Spain diving and rolling around the floor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lCcvQ43WI

Now you've seen this video of the Italians cheating I fully expect you to announce you won't be supporting them in the final.................or else you're being rather hypocrytical no!!?

That 'excuse' for your hatred of the English is laughable, why don't you just confess the fact is you can't stand it that the English are still in the competition, the Scots are happy to admit it. Lets all 'hate' each other, thats what you really want no?
With Stirling, no-one actually touched him, and he went down like a sack of spuds. It’s a shame he had to resort to doing that, as he had scored some amazing goals for England, previously.

The Italian guy in the video did have a bit of a kicking before he went down. He did have a miraculous recovery as well, however. But there’s nothing like your team scoring a goal, to lift your spirits and make you recover a bit quicker… I guess.

Now that Wales are out of the tournament, you expect me to support my neighbours, right? Well, that’s what I am doing. I am supporting the local Welsh Italian community. And I don’t hate England. I just want this match to be over and done with… it’s just like going to the dentists.

Old 07-11-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You’ll be glad to know that I didn’t have a Pizza Hut pizza today… but only because I already have too much food in my fridge that needs to be used up.

The last time I had a Pizza Hut pizza, it had a ‘Roast Dinner’ topping on it. It was almost like two meals in one: a British roast dinner, consisting of beef and roast potatoes with gravy… but on a pizza. It shouldn’t have worked really, but it was actually quite nice.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopp...inner-24180633

I don’t know what your Nonna would have made of it though. I’d never had potatoes on a pizza before, and wonder if they actually would have had that in Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom