Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:47 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,177 times

Advertisements

It is really intellectually a daft nonsense that thos yapping about Scots independence and be in the EU instead just continually (and it shows here with cahpsuth3) that Scotland as has been stated has it's economy attached to the UK of around 75% but ignored. likewise that Scotland run by the modern Jacobites has the highest taxes in Britain. Even in the Nat camp there were a lot of their lot who voted "Naw."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 02:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,792 times
https://youtu.be/MLgX2tg6TpM

Fun times ahead. I’m assuming there will be an abundance of Brexit related halloween costumes this year. Trick... or treat? (Maybe I should update my poll question )

Old 07-28-2019, 10:43 AM

391 posts, read 196,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post

Fun times ahead. I’m assuming there will be an abundance of Brexit related halloween costumes this year. Trick... or treat? (Maybe I should update my poll question )
Given that the results on your poll here do not match the broader national opinion, I think your poll ranks among the most remarkable in the history of polls. Since the outset, and as the number of voters has increased, the percentages have remained steadfastly the same at 2:1. 65.5% to 34.5%.
I'm surprised you haven't commented on this. More than once, I have wondered if there's a secret unseen hand tipping the scales.......Oops! scratch that.....

Old 07-28-2019, 10:44 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,854 times
Quote:

I love the British parliament, so small compare to other countries. Boris is very dramatic when he talks...
Hard brexit incoming, I don't see how something could change that fast.

I can't wait !

Old 07-28-2019, 03:17 PM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
More comedy gold courtesy of the EU this week.

The EU has now replaced the old guard of Juncker and co with an even more inept, corrupt and unaccountable and enelected officials.

Still at least it was amusing to watch Andrew Neill destroy the new corrupt and incompetent EU leaders in an interview with an EU official on the BBC last week and Farage was also in fine form in the EU Parliament.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:37 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
Given that the results on your poll here do not match the broader national opinion, I think your poll ranks among the most remarkable in the history of polls. Since the outset, and as the number of voters has increased, the percentages have remained steadfastly the same at 2:1. 65.5% to 34.5%.
I'm surprised you haven't commented on this. More than once, I have wondered if there's a secret unseen hand tipping the scales.......Oops! scratch that.....
Well, I do enjoy throwing out yes or no polls questions. Plus, being a yank, I’m not exactly sure what the best Brexit related poll question was. I suppose do you support Brexit might have sufficed. Although where’s the fun in that? Anyways, I do think it’s a relevant question regarding the UK’s long term future. I wouldn’t have thought it was that likely before the Brexit vote. But fear and anger make for an interesting electorate.
We had our own electoral issues in 2016. At least your vote isn’t trying to run the world via tweet storm. Well, maybe Boris will help you guys out with that. Cheers.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Well, I do enjoy throwing out yes or no polls questions. Plus, being a yank, I’m not exactly sure what the best Brexit related poll question was. I suppose do you support Brexit might have sufficed. Although where’s the fun in that? Anyways, I do think it’s a relevant question regarding the UK’s long term future. I wouldn’t have thought it was that likely before the Brexit vote. But fear and anger make for an interesting electorate.
We had our own electoral issues in 2016. At least your vote isn’t trying to run the world via tweet storm. Well, maybe Boris will help you guys out with that. Cheers.
I'm nearly a yank myself, will soon have spent more than half my life in the US.......

Old 07-29-2019, 07:02 AM

No matter how enthusiastic Boris and Donny may be for a trade deal, Donny needs Congress to sign off on it. Last week Nancy Pelosi said that if Brexit negatively affects the GFA, no UK/US trade deal will pass Congress on her watch.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
No matter how enthusiastic Boris and Donny may be for a trade deal, Donny needs Congress to sign off on it. Last week Nancy Pelosi said that if Brexit negatively affects the GFA, no UK/US trade deal will pass Congress on her watch.
Yeah, but Nancy is about as consistent as the weather. She can maybe block in theory (she's not Queen) if there's insufficient pressure from both sides of the house, but if there's a positive impact for one of her businesses, then the statement will be walked back. Remember she was all fine and dandy with waterboarding in 2002, but distinctly not in 2007, and claiming CIA deception in 2009 (deceiving the House Intelligence committee...?) yet she still supports PRISM.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,444 times
It's not just Nancy Pelosi, but a bipartisan committee set up in the United States to protect the Belfast Agreement.
Trade Deals require the approval of Congress.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...tter-1.3970109
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom