Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:49 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times

Advertisements

We should've had a poll asking "Which tea brand is the best?"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 04:30 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
Tetley's, or Twinings for me.

There's a Red Rose Tea brand in Canada that's been around for over a hundred years, that's my #3 choice.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 PM

965 posts, read 938,350 times
Oh the whole afternoon tea setup sounds wonderful. I could just picture it.

Yorkshire Gold, nothing else will do now (yet - I do keep trying others). Except when visiting friends in the UK PG tips was still pretty good. I bought some here, and it just wasn't the same. I do remember Tetley being pretty good over the pond, just a no-go for the American version of Tetley.

I have an electric tea kettle, and I think it is the most used appliance in the house. I filter my water too, in part for the taste of my tea.

All of you Tea People are Very funny. This is a lot of fun to hear about. Poor Mr. Tetly-will-do! I a going to watch about Jaffa Cake now.

Oh, and I very much miss digestive biscuits, now I am wheat free.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:27 PM

10,208 posts, read 17,862,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No no no, lol.

I don't think I said it right. I mean the debate (with some people) is that, after you brew the tea in a pot and it's ready, do you pour it into the cup and then add the milk? Or do you put milk into the bottom of the cup and then pour the tea in. Really complicated stuff.

In winter when it's really cold, I brew an entire pot, not just one cup.
Oh, okay, but I don't see why it would matter then. We don't use tea pots, I think with electric kettles these days there's not much need for them.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:35 PM

1,529 posts, read 915,812 times
The only way a real man should have tea is by having it very strong laced with a shot or three of dark rum (100 proof) and two heaped coffee spoons of sugar. Great on a cold NE day while shoveling snow.

Cheers.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Black loose leaf, brewed in a pot, with milk & sugar added after it's poured. And no, I'm not British

Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
I was wondering if this thread ever existed. And it does.

Am I the only one who likes unsweetened, untampered green tea, and that's it? I don't like coffee either. I'm just a strange human being.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:51 AM

965 posts, read 938,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I was wondering if this thread ever existed. And it does.

Am I the only one who likes unsweetened, untampered green tea, and that's it? I don't like coffee either. I'm just a strange human being.
I searched high and low for this thread too.
I don't think you are so strange, I like untampered with green tea. It took me awhile to appreciate what I call grass tea, but now I love it. Well... Especially once I learned to make it without leaving it bitter. I love the smell of a fresh cup sitting on my desk!

I love coffee, but have been off it more or less for the past year, I don't know why it just doesn't take that great. I traded it I for only tea.

Herbal tea after noon, anything decaf, usually a version of Sleepy time, nothing added.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:14 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,677 times
Yorkshire gold in the morning and tetleys in the afternoon, brewed in a pot not the cup. Milk in first then 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in the first cup only then pour tea over when its finished steeping.

I can't get going in the morning without my cuppa, as my husband says "instant human just add tea"

Oh forgot to mention I'm a transplant, 40 years in the UK before emigrating to the land of coffee drinkers

Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Yorkshire gold in the morning and tetleys in the afternoon, brewed in a pot not the cup. Milk in first then 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in the first cup only then pour tea over when its finished steeping.

I can't get going in the morning without my cuppa, as my husband says "instant human just add tea"

Oh forgot to mention I'm a transplant, 40 years in the UK before emigrating to the land of coffee drinkers
That's so cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom