Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2021, 06:55 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,569,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I never suggested otherwise.

I only ever stated that Biden and Johnson had worked together on the issue.

There has been nothing said about an Interpol waiver, and that is a Home Office matter, whilst the criminal trial is a CPS matter.

The British Government was reluctant to enter in an agreement regarding Croughton back in the 1990's and expressed it's reservations, and they have been proved right, and it should never have been agreed, despite US pleas and reassurances,

Whether Anne Sacoolas comes back to the UK really doesn't matter, as Harry can not be bought back to life, although it would be the reasonable thing to do, to allow the family some answers and closure, or is that too much to ask.

The US has merely damaged it's own relationship with the UK based on trust, and this will not be easily repaired, then again US actions in recent years have damaged all sorts of relationships with allies.

As for the Croughton arrangement, it has been changed to make sure this never happens again.
1: No, you said they are working on it.

2: I know nothing has been said yet about an Interpol waiver. I simply suggested it might be a necessary concession by the UK, to gain Sacoolas participation in a UK trial. Otherwise UK might have to do a trial in abstentia.

The rest of your post is just a repeat of a word soup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 02:46 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
1: No, you said they are working on it.

2: I know nothing has been said yet about an Interpol waiver. I simply suggested it might be a necessary concession by the UK, to gain Sacoolas participation in a UK trial. Otherwise UK might have to do a trial in abstentia.

The rest of your post is just a repeat of a word soup.
They were working on it.

Boris Johnson says he and President Biden are ‘working together’ on case of Harry Dunn - The Washington Post

Joe Biden ‘actively engaged’ in case of Harry Dunn, says Boris Johnson - The Guardian

As for the Interpol Notice, it will most likely remain until the British Government and CPS are satisfied.

If anyone's posts are word soup it's yours, and I think some Americans take great pleasure in the US acting as a bully in such situations, however I think they would feel very different if it was a US citizen that had been killed in such circumstances.

Old 06-19-2021, 12:34 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,569,979 times
Quote:
They were working on it.

Boris Johnson says he and President Biden are ‘working together’ on case of Harry Dunn - The Washington Post

Joe Biden ‘actively engaged’ in case of Harry Dunn, says Boris Johnson - The Guardian

As for the Interpol Notice, it will most likely remain until the British Government and CPS are satisfied.

If anyone's posts are word soup it's yours, and I think some Americans take great pleasure in the US acting as a bully in such situations, however I think they would feel very different if it was a US citizen that had been killed in such circumstances.
Past tense/present tense. I believe Biden is done.

I doubt there ever will be an Interpol notice to remain.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Past tense/present tense. I believe Biden is done.

I doubt there ever will be an Interpol notice to remain.
It's you who is making an issue out of past and present tense.

As for the Interpol Notice there is nothing to suggest it no longer remains in place.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:25 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
It's you who is making an issue out of past and present tense.

As for the Interpol Notice there is nothing to suggest it no longer remains in place.
What proof is there that there ever was an Interpol notice? As I recall Interpol as well as the Crown Prosecution Service refused to verify there was any such notice issued. Which means that is it nothing but speculation that any such notice was ever issued.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
What proof is there that there ever was an Interpol notice? As I recall Interpol as well as the Crown Prosecution Service refused to verify there was any such notice issued. Which means that is it nothing but speculation that any such notice was ever issued.
Interpol issues red notice for 'fugitive' Anne Sacoolas - The Guardian

Harry Dunn: US officials ‘furious’ over international wanted notice for suspect Anne Sacoolas - The Independent

Old 06-22-2021, 04:52 AM

LOL, I can see why tabloid journalism is so popular in the UK. If it's printed you Brits believe it.

Quote:
According to The Mail on Sunday, British police have now enacted an Interpol Red Diffusion Notice, which was sent to countries including Canada, seeking Sacoolas’s arrest if she left the United States.
One news media quoting another news media does not equal a source. It just goes in circles. If the chain goes to any source other then media, it probably all goes back to the Dunn family. To the best of my knowledge, not one single UK government, US government, or Interpol source has directly confirmed what the Dunn family claims. So where are they getting that information from? That second link is worthless. It doesn't confirm anything.

Your first link source is from the Dunn family lawyer claiming that the Northamptonshire police told him. But the Northamptonshire police have not publicly verified that. So it's all the word of one lawyer. I don't think one lawyer with a vested interest is a good source. That is just bad journalism. Information has to be verified from more then one source and that information has not been verified.

There is no information from any official source that an Interpol Notice has been issued for Sacoolas, none.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 AM

Quote:
LOL, I can see why tabloid journalism is so popular in the UK. If it's printed you Brits believe it.

One news media quoting another news media does not equal a source. It just goes in circles. If the chain goes to any source other then media, it probably all goes back to the Dunn family. To the best of my knowledge, not one single UK government, US government, or Interpol source has directly confirmed what the Dunn family claims. So where are they getting that information from? That second link is worthless. It doesn't confirm anything.

Your first link source is from the Dunn family lawyer claiming that the Northamptonshire police told him. But the Northamptonshire police have not publicly verified that. So it's all the word of one lawyer. I don't think one lawyer with a vested interest is a good source. That is just bad journalism. Information has to be verified from more then one source and that information has not been verified.

There is no information from any official source that an Interpol Notice has been issued for Sacoolas, none.
The Guardian and Independent are not tabloids, they are known as broadsheets.

A tabloid or red top, is a very different type of newspaper and equates to the likes of the Sun, Star, Daily Mirror or even the Mail and Express.

Broadsheets have traditionally included the The Times, Financial Times Telegraph, Guardian, Independent etc.

If you don't want to believe the media then that is up to you.

An Interpol notice is usually submitted through the Crown Prosecution Service’s Extradition Unit, before being submitted to the UK’s ‘National Central Bureau’, Interpol’s representative body in the UK comprising of officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA).

So we actually have an Interpol bureau in the UK and such notices are requested all the time, especially in relation to those involved in serious or organised crime or who have committed serious crimes in the UK.

The UK has offices full of hundreds of people in the CPS and NCA, as well as the Home Office who spend every day of their working lives dealing with extradition requests, european arrest warrants, international arrest warrants and Interpol notices including red notices.

Interpol Notices are generally an international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information. Whilst a red notice is in relation to a wanted fugitive, with Interpol having issued over 13,000 Red Notices last year alone.

Anne Sacoolas is still wanted in the UK, and in such circumstances, an interpol notice or international arrest warrant is usually issued as a formality, as she is classed as a fugitive and has been charged with offences in her absence which the CPS are actively pursuing.

Fugitives and international crime - National Crime Agency (NCA)

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-22-2021 at 05:51 AM..

Old 06-22-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
The Guardian and Independent are not tabloids, they are known as broadsheets.

A tabloid or red top, is a very different type of newspaper and equates to the likes of the Sun, Star, Daily Mirror or even the Mail and Express.

Broadsheets have traditionally included the The Times, Financial Times Telegraph, Guardian, Independent etc.

If you don't want to believe the media then that is up to you.

An Interpol notice is usually submitted through the Crown Prosecution Service’s Extradition Unit, before being submitted to the UK’s ‘National Central Bureau’, Interpol’s representative body in the UK comprising of officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA).

So we actually have an Interpol bureau in the UK and such notices are requested all the time, especially in relation to those involved in serious or organised crime or who have committed serious crimes in the UK.

The UK has offices full of people in the CPS and NCA, as well as the Home Office who spend every day of their lives dealing with extradition requests, european arrest warrants, international arrest warrants and Interpol notices including red notices.

Interpol Notices are generally an international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information. Whilst a red notice is in relation to a wanted fugitive, with Interpol having issued over 13,000 Red Notices last year alone.

Fugitives and international crime - National Crime Agency (NCA)
I have never seen a printed copy of any of those papers. I have only seen them online. But anyway I was referring to the quality of the journalism or lack of, not the physical size of the paper. They violate basic rules of journalism, which is to verify what a source says. None of them did that. They took what the Dunn family lawyer said at face value. Lawyers can and do lie for their clients all the time. Anything a lawyer says should be verified by another source.

If a Red Notice was issued for Sacoolas, why has it not been made public? What would be the purpose of keeping it private? The Interpol website lists 7,669 Red Notices, but Sacoolas is not on the list. Why is that?

Old 06-22-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
I have never seen a printed copy of any of those papers. I have only seen them online. But anyway I was referring to the quality of the journalism or lack of, not the physical size of the paper. They violate basic rules of journalism, which is to verify what a source says. None of them did that. They took what the Dunn family lawyer said at face value. Lawyers can and do lie for their clients all the time. Anything a lawyer says should be verified by another source.

If a Red Notice was issued for Sacoolas, why has it not been made public? What would be the purpose of keeping it private? The Interpol website lists 7,669 Red Notices, but Sacoolas is not on the list. Why is that?
They don't violate basic rules of journalism, and it's standard practice to issue an interpol notice in relation to someone who is wanted by the UK on serious charges. The CPS have also made it abundantly clear that they are still pursuing the charges against Anne Sacoolas.

There are 13,000 red notices issued every year, and many are not on the on-line list.

Extradition agreements between countries are essentially diplomatic arrangements to promote international co-operation on crime prevention and justice. The effectiveness of extradition agreements is underpinned by mutual respect and co-operation between countries. Stronger diplomatic ties will no doubt strengthen the ability to influence a country to extradite or not.

The fact that the US emphatically rejected the UK’s extradition request or to waiver immunity says a lot about the so called special relationship, a term Boris Johnson has now banned from being used.

Sadly the US is just a bully on the world stage, and it has shown this in relation to it's interference in other countries affairs and constant threats, in relation to Huawei, Nord Stream 2, NATO spending, Tariffs if Digital Service taxes are applied, relations with China/Russia, the Iran agreement, Brexit (Obama) and UK internal borders and checks, which have nothing to do with the Good Friday Agreement.

The US is not a good ally and there is no special relationship, indeed the UK has closer and better allies among the other Anglosophere countries such as Canada, Austrialia and New Zealand, and even European countries are still better allies post Brexit than the US.

I think people in the UK are just becoming sick and tired of the US and the so called special relationship nonsense, whilst Biden and Pelosi's constant threats in relation to a trade deal have just added to this, as has the whole Harry Dunn saga and the US stance.

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-22-2021 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom