Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 04:21 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,298,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
See, just like I said, our 'friends' in the EU just won't accept the fact that the UK is a separate sovereign country and still likes to think they have the right to tell the UK what to do. Whether YOU like it or not NI IS part of the UK and the UK should NOT allow itself to be forced to put a border through the middle of its own bloody territory, I don't give a stuff whether you disagree or not and throwing insults at me from behind the safety of your keyboard isn't going to change my mind.
well luckily bar room blowhard buffoons like you arent involved in International diplomacy , I couldnt care less if you " dont give a stuff "

if a wall wasnt erected during the premiership of a hawk like Mrs Thatcher and when Unionists completely ruled the roost in Northern Ireland , its sure as hell not going to happen now , even the most hardcore ulster unionists arent deluded enough to believe that will happen , keep dreaming chicken hawk , its amusing reading youre fantasy politics ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 04:37 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,043,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
well luckily bar room blowhard buffoons like you arent involved in International diplomacy , I couldnt care less if you " dont give a stuff "

if a wall wasnt erected during the premiership of a hawk like Mrs Thatcher and when Unionists completely ruled the roost in Northern Ireland , its sure as hell not going to happen now , even the most hardcore ulster unionists arent deluded enough to believe that will happen , keep dreaming chicken hawk , its amusing reading youre fantasy politics ideas
More insults eh tough guy? I'm sorry you don't like my 'stance' but I ask again why should the UK be forced to put a border up WITHIN ITS OWN COUNTRY?? The EU doesn't seem to have any issues with the Swiss borders so why with the UK border? Can you answer me that without reverting to childish insults?

Old 05-16-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
More insults eh tough guy? I'm sorry you don't like my 'stance' but I ask again why should the UK be forced to put a border up WITHIN ITS OWN COUNTRY?? The EU doesn't seem to have any issues with the Swiss borders so why with the UK border? Can you answer me that without reverting to childish insults?
" tough guy "

oh the irony

youre the one around these parts who sits at the end of the bar dishing out his " I tell it like it is " home spun political takes

Old 05-16-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
" tough guy "

oh the irony

youre the one around these parts who sits at the end of the bar dishing out his " I tell it like it is " home spun political takes
Are you going to actually answer the question?

Old 05-16-2022, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Are you going to actually answer the question?
Who,s asking the UK to erect a border ?

Old 05-16-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Who,s asking the UK to erect a border ?
The border is already there:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Sea_border

And I (like others obviously) think its wrong, there is no 'border' like this between Switzerland and the EU so why are they (the EU) insisting on this one? Because they are looking to 'punish' perhaps? Seems to me there are plenty of credible alternatives that the EU refuse to look into. Fact is the EU are just looking to create as much mischief as possible and they're using Ireland to do it, like I said if I had my way I'd tell the EU to get lost, if the EU want a border they can put it elsewhere for all I care. Switzerland and the EU seem to manage their borders perfectly fine and if there are not issues there I would like to know why the EU insist on issues between the UK and Ireland?

Last edited by easthome; 05-16-2022 at 07:14 AM..

Old 05-16-2022, 07:12 AM

27,213 posts, read 13,502,497 times
The Foreign Secretary, Liz Truss, is expected to make a statement tomorrow regarding the Protocol. with the UK government is poised to introduce legislation that would allow ministers in London to override parts of the Brexit deal on Northern Ireland.

If the EU goes ahead with tariffs or sanctions against the UK, then the UK must look at it's relationship with Europe including areas such as defence and security, as you can not be expected to have the same relations in such circumstances, and this must now be part of any response by the UK.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-16-2022 at 07:21 AM..

Old 05-16-2022, 10:54 AM

572 posts, read 280,730 times
Quote:
The border is already there:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Sea_border

And I (like others obviously) think its wrong, there is no 'border' like this between Switzerland and the EU so why are they (the EU) insisting on this one? Because they are looking to 'punish' perhaps? Seems to me there are plenty of credible alternatives that the EU refuse to look into. Fact is the EU are just looking to create as much mischief as possible and they're using Ireland to do it, like I said if I had my way I'd tell the EU to get lost, if the EU want a border they can put it elsewhere for all I care. Switzerland and the EU seem to manage their borders perfectly fine and if there are not issues there I would like to know why the EU insist on issues between the UK and Ireland?
A little basic research would help you a lot. Try it sometime.
Switz has multiple agreements with the EU, and is a member of the Schengen area agreement.
Even when a member of the EU, the UK would not join Schengen. Now, not a chance.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Mulligan View Post
A little basic research would help you a lot. Try it sometime.
Switz has multiple agreements with the EU, and is a member of the Schengen area agreement.
Even when a member of the EU, the UK would not join Schengen. Now, not a chance.
Then they need to work something else out no? Unless of course you can come up with a valid reason why they can't? How about putting the border within Ireland instead? What's good for the goose eh?

Old 05-16-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Foreign Secretary, Liz Truss, is expected to make a statement tomorrow regarding the Protocol. with the UK government is poised to introduce legislation that would allow ministers in London to override parts of the Brexit deal on Northern Ireland.

If the EU goes ahead with tariffs or sanctions against the UK, then the UK must look at it's relationship with Europe including areas such as defence and security, as you can not be expected to have the same relations in such circumstances, and this must now be part of any response by the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom