Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 09:32 AM

4,192 posts, read 2,512,816 times

Advertisements

At the risk of thread drift, there are two cemeteries in the US where the UK flag is raised over the graves of UK sailors. While the Pig War (1859) was being adjudicated, several British marines died what is now Washington state (a pig was the only combat casualty); the Union Jack flies over their graves. In NC, at Ocracoke British Cemetery, the White Ensign (British Naval Flag) flies over the graves of sailors from the HMT Bedfordshire sunk in 1942.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 02:08 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
I'm going to "Spare" my piggy bank and not buy the book
I said the same thing not going to give them or their publisher a dime of my hard earned cash. I checked out the book from the library. A co-worker just finished reading it and said there were some interesting parts, mostly sad because his mental health issues shine through. I asked her if it was worth reading and she said yes, for her it was. I said I was hesitant because I thought it might be so full of steer excrement I might throw it across the room. I will attempt to read it this weekend.

Old 05-04-2023, 02:47 PM

2,342 posts, read 851,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I said the same thing not going to give them or their publisher a dime of my hard earned cash. I checked out the book from the library. A co-worker just finished reading it and said there were some interesting parts, mostly sad because his mental health issues shine through. I asked her if it was worth reading and she said yes, for her it was. I said I was hesitant because I thought it might be so full of steer excrement I might throw it across the room. I will attempt to read it this weekend.
Some opinion polls are suggesting that Harry and Meghan had done serious damage to the Royals and future of the Monarchy. I'm not inclined to believe that.

King Charles will have a successful reign. He's had many challenges to deal with in his life, a father who bullied frequently and a distant relationship with his mother, the Queen I think Charles has the common sense and pragmatism to adapt the monarchy to a changing world. Like his ancestor Edward VII he's ascending the throne at a late stage in his life and I predict that when his reign is over he will be remembered as a popular Monarch just as Edward was

Old 05-04-2023, 04:08 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
We don't want Harry and Meghan back.

The US can keep them for good.
Wouldn't they be much better off somewhere like the Falkland Islands? That way they can remain on British soil? Wouldn't that be more appropriate?

Old 05-05-2023, 03:10 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Wouldn't they be much better off somewhere like the Falkland Islands? That way they can remain on British soil? Wouldn't that be more appropriate?
If the US kicks them out, which is unlikely they would most likely head for a Commonwealth country such as Canada, Australia or New Zealand, and take their so called privacy there.

There were even rumours about them buying an island, although other places popular with exiled or controversial Royals have included the Caribbean, Mustique, Paris or perhaps the South of France.

Then again Harry could always have it large on Ibiza and around certain other Mediterranean resorts, with their drug fuelled party scene, as Harry seems to allegedly enjoy certain substances.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:48 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
If the US kicks them out, which is unlikely they would most likely head for a Commonwealth country such as Canada, Australia or New Zealand, and take their so called privacy there.

There were even rumours about them buying an island, although other places popular with exiled or controversial Royals have included the Caribbean, Mustique, Paris or perhaps the South of France.

Then again Harry could always have it large on Ibiza and around certain other Mediterranean resorts, with their drug fuelled party scene, as Harry seems to allegedly enjoy certain substances.
wherever hes going its on his own as she wont need him soon.. after shes love bombed him from day one..

Old 05-06-2023, 07:18 AM

11,080 posts, read 6,893,394 times
Still banging on with Meghan and Harry hate in here, I see.

Shaking. My. Head.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:58 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Still banging on with Meghan and Harry hate in here, I see.

Shaking. My. Head.
Well maybe if they went quietly away and enjoyed their kids. big house and cash ..we wouldnt bother our arse with them or what theyre doing.. however they want to keep going to stay relevant in the news.. .. just wish they would do what they said and be private.. and give us all peace.... I imagine some of the Royals waking each day worring about whats coming out next from these two parasites..

Old 05-06-2023, 08:35 AM

11,080 posts, read 6,893,394 times
My point wasn't about them "going quietly away."

Are you haters "going quietly away?" The irony here is rich.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:55 AM

16,672 posts, read 17,440,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
My point wasn't about them "going quietly away."

Are you haters "going quietly away?" The irony here is rich.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom