Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 PM

39 posts, read 94,573 times

Advertisements

Well we're not ritzy - lol. We will be looking at properties in Summit County, the cheap end of town. I guess we are looking for diversity, up above the inversion and the more rural feel. We are also looking at Cottonwood heights, the far east bench of Sandy, Olympus Cove but worry about the inversion and the LDS influence as we like a drink or two now and again etc....

It's so hard to know what to do as with kids aged 10 and 8 who only moved from the UK to Australia 18 months ago we'd like to get it right so that we don't have to swap their schools again.

I actually don't ski btw but my kids will....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 09:17 AM

595 posts, read 2,743,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weasy View Post
Well we're not ritzy - lol. We will be looking at properties in Summit County, the cheap end of town. I guess we are looking for diversity, up above the inversion and the more rural feel. We are also looking at Cottonwood heights, the far east bench of Sandy, Olympus Cove but worry about the inversion and the LDS influence as we like a drink or two now and again etc....

It's so hard to know what to do as with kids aged 10 and 8 who only moved from the UK to Australia 18 months ago we'd like to get it right so that we don't have to swap their schools again.

I actually don't ski btw but my kids will....
You're in AUSTRALIA? Why the heck would you want to move to the States?

jk, of course

If you're looking in Summit County, but don't have the money to live in Park City, you could try looking into Summit Park. Atleast, that's what I've heard from others on this website. It is suposedly much cheaper and is still a very nice neighborhood. Also, the towns of Heber and Midway are also worth checking out. They are only 20 minutes from PC, (just checked it out on live local) and have more of a rural feel to them, also cheaper. Any one of these towns will be fine if you're trying to get out of the inversion, since they are up in the mountains. I don't suppose either Heber City nor Midway offer too much when it comes to shopping, although there is a Wal Mart and numerous other stores going up in HC. Oh, and as for going out for a drink once in a while, that won't be a problem. Park City actually has two of it's own microbrewerys, plus over 100 bars, restaurants, etc!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Location: Central Missouri Til Nov/Dec, then Duchesne Ut. area
2 posts, read 3,849 times
Help! Never done a forum before! Moving to Duchesne from Missouri in November, by choice with 2 kids, 2 cats and a dog!!! Would love to know more about the area and such! Can anyone help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah