Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times

Advertisements

Not to offend anyone, but we lived for 5 yrs. in S. Idaho in a small town that was just about all Mormon and we were not treated kindly at all. We love Utah, would like to live in a small or smaller town where it is warmer with little to no snow in winter. Is there such a thing as a small or smaller town in S. Utah that is not predominantly Mormon?

Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM

378 posts, read 1,906,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Not to offend anyone, but we lived for 5 yrs. in S. Idaho in a small town that was just about all Mormon and we were not treated kindly at all. We love Utah, would like to live in a small or smaller town where it is warmer with little to no snow in winter. Is there such a thing as a small or smaller town in S. Utah that is not predominantly Mormon?
Try Hildale or Colorado City. Probably not a Mormon in the whole town. I hear there are plenty of homes available too!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Default Utah and Mormons

So funny Elder Shawn. Not into Polygamy, are you?

Old 02-19-2007, 03:44 PM

421 posts, read 1,741,610 times
Moab.

Apparently that was too short, and the computer insists I pad my answer to reach at least 20 characters. Huh. Okay. Moab.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM

378 posts, read 1,906,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
So funny Elder Shawn. Not into Polygamy, are you?
I've debated it on several occasions. Moab does sound like a reasonable alternative. Jeff's familia is moving to Texas it seems, so it should be an all out exodus soon.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,905 times
Elder Shawn's response reminds me of something J. Golden Kimball allegedly uttered when he heard men on a train talking about how they were traveling to various places to escape the Mormons. I won't go there, however. Well, at least I hope not.

Have you thought about Price, Helper, Wellington, or Castledale? I know for a fact that there is a balance of religions in Price and Helper. I am not so sure about Wellington or Castledale. My wife and I are building in Price. We are LDS, but perhaps you won't hold that against us.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 PM

47 posts, read 231,663 times
I just don't get it! All these posts...... Trying to find a town in Utah without a great many Mormons is like trying to find an ocean without fish. I'm not LDS. I've lived and worked in Utah for 26 years and have never been ill treated or disrespected (that I'm aware of). I think some of their ideas are odd and I guarantee that they think some of mine are odd. Ultimately all these ideas blend together to make up a place we call.........America. Live with it!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2006 View Post
I've lived and worked in Utah for 26 years and have never been ill treated or disrespected (that I'm aware of).
Well, I have never heard of such a thing. Are you sure you are in Utah? If you are, you must be doing something wrong. Wait a minute! I bet you’re a paid lobbyist for the Church. I wondered what they were really doing with all my tithing.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:45 PM

37 posts, read 170,314 times
For what it is worth, I would second Moab if finding a job isn't important and you won't encounter as much snow as in Price. Price has a lot more to offer in the way of jobs and probably a little lower cost of living. No, I don't have data, just my impression from working in both areas. It definitely is colder in Price and they do get snow, but seems to be less than other cities that far north. Being in the shadow of the mountains? You might look at Cedar City. They sure get some big snow storms but the snow never seems to stay around very long. It is a university town and the Shakespeare Festival takes place there every summer and fall. Cedar City seems to becoming a more diverse place, but maybe bigger than you are looking for. One other possibility might be Kanab. There are quite a few people moving there. According to guys I've worked with, a lot of them are Las Vegans trying to escape the crazy southern Nevada growth.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:30 PM

47 posts, read 231,663 times
Default Lobbyist? You bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Well, I have never heard of such a thing. Are you sure you are in Utah? If you are, you must be doing something wrong. Wait a minute! I bet you’re a paid lobbyist for the Church. I wondered what they were really doing with all my tithing.
You're close...I'm actually a lobbyist for "Citizens Against Hate, Prejudice, Ill Will and a Myriad of other Denigrating Postures". And if I were paying tithing, I'd sure as h___ know where it was going. Just as sure as I know where my taxes are going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: