Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:22 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,458,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
When the baby gets older I am going to take the kiddos on hikes and stuff.
this. this is what i think i love the most about utah, taking people to places that i have loved since i was a kid. my daughter is already being indoctrinated into the outdoors; my son will be next. my wife is resistant to make time in her schedule for the outdoors, but when she does, she loves 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:12 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,375,587 times
I can not wait to take them to see things like Zion and Bryce. Some of my best memories are about camping with my family in New Mexico.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:52 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Wow and i though my husband and I were the only ones who would watch the sliding speeding cars,(allways feel bad about it and allways say a prayer that the people are safe) I love looking at the mountains, and the sky is almost as blue as New Mexico's when its a clear day. When the baby gets older I am going to take the kiddos on hikes and stuff.
I grew up on a busy street in Provo, so we had a tradition in the winter of sitting outside and watching cars slide on the ice, and on the 4th of July sitting outside and watching the horrific traffic leaving the parade.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM

37 posts, read 180,652 times
Default The things I miss about Utah

Funny thing is I was born in Bosnia lived in Germany and them moved to SLC and lived there for 12 years. Had to move for a job to a different state. It really become home away from home for me. It's not perfect but better than a lot of places.

MISS Family and Friends....
Miss the Point over behind the capitol, I don't know if any city in the USA offers an overview like that
Miss Cruising on State Street.....
Miss great restaurants such as Crown Burger, Yannis
The Mountains of course....
The long snowy winters granted they are not what they used to be in SLC..
Utah Jazz and Real Salt Lake

And the Winter Olympic Games man those times were the best

Love these forums helps with being homesick.......

Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
Learning how to swear without actually swearing :-)
Oh my heck!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Oh my heck!!!
Quick! Somebody call a moderator! SLCPUNCK just kinda, not really, sorta, pretend swore!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 22,559 times
I'm from California, never been to Utah, but the way you all describe it I want to go so bad.

Hubs is considering moving there, and the more I study it and read these forums, the more it sounds completely perfect.

We love the outdoors, we love hiking and camping and boating. We love the beauty of nature. We love the snow even, in moderation . I have been so nervous about moving, and giving my hubs the green light (which may take a year to do) but you all make it sound divine, and I'm not so scared anymore.

So I may lose the beach, my favorite place ever, I would gain ten other wonderful beautiful places to visit. Not to mention leave behind the smog, the traffic, the rude, crazy people (my family), and give my kids a happy, peaceful life.

Thank you.

Is there really less smokers and swearing?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_Evie View Post
Is there really less smokers and swearing?
Yes. There really are less smokers and swearing.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
I had to moderate my language to remove h$ll and d^^n. I don't know anyone who smokes. There is no smoking in any public building like a restaurant.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 PM

9 posts, read 26,043 times
I lived in Cache Valley for 13 years, there is so much I miss about Utah. We'd move back if we could but unfortunately my husband's career takes us away. Of course I miss the mountains, camping, hiking, and all of the outdoor stuff. I miss the people. I'm not LDS but Cache Valley has been the nicest place I have ever lived. I miss the road system. Finding most places in Utah is easy... why can't the rest of the nation take a hint? Lol I also miss the Cruise In. Oh, and Peach Days in Brigham City. And the 24th being a holiday!

We just moved to North Dakota, though, and our new apartment is right down the road from the only LDS church in town. I told my husband it just wouldn't feel like home if a mormon church wasn't down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah