Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,977,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
funeral potatoes even better.....but you must get your own jello recipe.
Ok. I have to come up with a jello recipe..my OWN jello recipe that hasn't ever been duplicated in Utah? It would be easier to corral the moon and the stars guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:39 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,135,068 times
(psssst, Kaytidid, I can sell ya a jello cook-book for a buck!)

Old 02-15-2009, 09:48 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,977,805 times
Thanks Lola! If it is in a cookbook, doesn't that mean it is someone else's recipe?? Good thing being a Utahn is worth this stress..

Old 02-15-2009, 09:53 PM

550 posts, read 2,169,957 times
I might as well have a go at this:

The fluidity of saying Salt Lake City
Cafe Rio
Religious influence keeps things cleaner than most places
Ability of the majority and minority to coexist peacefully (at least in Salt Lake)
Lack of road construction (...okay, only in the winter )
The breath of fresh air in the mountains (also during the winter when inversions strike the metro)
Easy-for-navigation street system
Abundance of fry sauce
Awesome local vernacular
Jon Huntsman, Jr
That seems to be about it.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,458,964 times
Quote:
The fluidity of saying Salt Lake City
i don't think i have ever wrapped my little brain around this. i feel like i've had an epiphany of sorts; i just don't know what it was yet...

my favorite things have mostly already been listed, and yes almost every one of them has to do with outdoors sports or sightseeing of some kind.

let me see if i can find a couple more floating around.

alligator lake (on the route up to kings peak); we used to play capture the flag there as boy scouts.
pine lake; the webb family reunion spot for decades.
keyhole mesa; behind my uncle's old house in monument valley. it was our own little paradise.
tommy's burgers in provo; ran by the family of one of my ex girlfriends, but the food was stupendous.
seabase; salt water springs out in the west desert where you can scuba dive w/ sharks
marysvale; sleeping under the stars with my friends, telling stories about ghosts and aliens.
spring city; building a catapult in the front yard of one of my other friend's house.
springdale; one of the places that we made a base of ops for our honeymoon.
westwater; some really cool rafting on the colorado.

there are others, but this is good for now.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,489,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Ok. I have to come up with a jello recipe..my OWN jello recipe that hasn't ever been duplicated in Utah? It would be easier to corral the moon and the stars guys...
That's true...it would be hard to come up with one that hasn't been done. I stopped eating jello long ago, after having to try so many recipes with it. My grown up kids won't eat jello at all now...and for sure not tator tot casserole, but the funeral potatoes are always a hit.

Another thing I like in Utah is camping in Logan canyon

Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,519,407 times
Learning how to swear without actually swearing :-)

Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,489,298 times
Ha Ha....yeah a lot of words with abbreviations that you didn't even know could be swear words.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:45 PM

8 posts, read 37,369 times
Crystal clear summer sunsets.
Heat without the humidity.
Bryce Canyon Winters (I like the combination of reds, greens and white!)
St. George - Yes, it's hot... But a fairly modern and clean desert city.
Ceadr City (I don't know why, I just really like that community).

Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM

515 posts, read 2,324,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmejh View Post
I might as well have a go at this:

Lack of road construction (...okay, only in the winter )
I may have to take issue with this one! When I moved here 33rd was in the middle of being torn up - and it's the middle of how I get almost anywhere. But most of all - Rt. 80!!! I cannot WAIT for the Sugarhouse exit West bound ramp to open. I can't believe they shut that and the West bound ramp at 700 at the same time - for such a long time! Among other things, it makes getting to the airport a big hassle.

Otherwise, all is wonderful - don't mean to de-rail the happy thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
seabase; salt water springs out in the west desert where you can scuba dive w/ sharks
I need to find out about this - sounds awesome! This is different from the place near Heber City (I think?) where there is some spring or something you can dive with tropical fish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah