Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
L_L L_L started this thread

1 posts, read 2,429 times

Advertisements

I received my first speeding ticket with 4 allegations (worth a deduction of 12 points) January of 2008. My court date is set for the first week of March so people please reply ASAP! I had my Class 5 for 4 years before this incident, and I filed for a dispute of fine. Recently, I talked to some friends about this, and they said I should have disputed the allegations because it would have been easier to defend my case that way (instead of admitting to the offences).

Should I have filed for a dispute of allegations rather than a dispute of fine?
Should I ask for evidence from the police station? What kind of information should I obtain?
What is my chance that the judge will be sympathetic to my clean record, and give me back some points?

Please help! I’m a student and I can’t possibly afford to pay the Driver Risk Premium, on top of my existing Insurance premium! I’ve learnt my lesson.

Last edited by L_L; 02-01-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 07:12 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
An internet forum is hardly the place to seek advice on a matter you obviously feel is so important.

Many lawyers and paralegals offer a free initial consultation; get out the phone book and find one.

Oh.......it's even harder to get creditable advice if you omit to tell folks what jurisdiction your offence occurred in; the rules do differ from province to province
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver