Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Grilled portobello with lettuce, tomato, and onion.

Don't forget the chipolte mayo!

That sammich is as good, if not better, than a BLT! But I do like my port smoked low and slow w/evoo k.salt & fresh ground blk pepper.

Good breads for this is cibatta or fresh made pretzel dough buns.IMO. Both smoked &/or grilled.

Nice post, Cougar! Make'n me hungry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,750,224 times
I love hummus on whole grain bread with a slice of onion, tomato & lettuce.

I also like "tofu eggless salad" with mashed tofu, mustard, onion, pickle.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
I love this sandwich. First had it at a health food store in the 70's: Good whole wheat or multigrain bread or black bread. The bread has to be dense, not fluffy.

Cream cheese, slices of cucumber, slices of carrots, sprouts, tomato, avocado, salt and pepper.

Yum!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post

Don't forget the chipolte mayo!

That sammich is as good, if not better, than a BLT! But I do like my port smoked low and slow w/evoo k.salt & fresh ground blk pepper.

Good breads for this is cibatta or fresh made pretzel dough buns.IMO. Both smoked &/or grilled.

Nice post, Cougar! Make'n me hungry.
All of these ideas make me hungry. And I just finished washing the dinner dishes???

Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,466,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
I'm not vegetarian but I love a good olive, red/green pepper, red onion, mushroom, eggplant, and olive oil with Mediterranean seasoning sandwich.

Same here but love this sandwich. I use those really long red peppers and baguette, roast the long red pepper and one per sandwich. No eggplant for me, but I like to cold press the sandwich by wrapping it up in plastic wrap and putting a bowl on it for an hour or so. The bread gets all saturated. Yum!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,152,597 times
Mmmmm...lots of good ideas! Thanks!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,193 times
I like grilled cheese with tomato and basil, as well as cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,210,090 times
Vegan pesto (w/o parmesan) blended (or you can use a food processor) with cannellini beans, marinated artichokes, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, a thin slice of tomato and balsamic vinaigrette on a roll. Even my meat and potatoes sister enjoys this one!!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,768,621 times
Black Bean Burger. We had our first ones in Sedona. It's my favorite thing for eating out. Frying/grilling/sauteeing is forbidden in our house, so it's a restaurant treat for us.

Otherwise, our Daughter makes a Vegan Tapenade that sometimes has me jumping up and down, it's so tasty and intense (she adds Ginger and Lemon Peel). I put that on Challah, Rye, or Brioche, with Olive Oil. And someone in the house makes a raw vegetable-herb sauce every day (which we use in lieu of prepared Catsup/Salsa) ... so I frequently spread a little of whatever Fresh Sauce is at hand, on whatever is the Pain du Jour. Or, I go for whatever Nut Butter is freshly-made. Maybe Walnut Butter & Mango slices, on half a Ciabatta Roll.

OK, but my perennial favorite is Purple-Red Heirloom Tomato with Homemade Mayonnaise and fresh-ground Pepper Blend, on Challah. Simplicity has its rewards...

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 01-04-2011 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: and...

Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,815 times
I love my homemade peanut ginger hummus, with lettuce and thinly sliced onion on a hearty whole grain toasted bread
Vegan yum yum has a recipe for a really yummy baked tofu which is so yummy with a little nayonaise, lettuce, onion and sprouts.... now I am getting hungry! LOL.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food