Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 02:31 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You can prepare a meal online or show them tips or workout together online. IMO that’s way more helpful & personal than sending a book. But that’s my thing as a content entrepreneur….beauty, health, fitness & relationships.

Confidence about being obese? IMO that’s not healthy…it’s denial.
No, I can't. They are not morons, are adult people, married, etc. They know how to prepare healthy meals, no need for me to show them anything. They just have some other deep issues, emotional stuff. In my opinion they should invest in some psychotherapy sessions. I tried to suggest it but ... it's a sensitive thing.

Confidence in life, in general, as a person. Not confidence about being obese.

And I agree completely with the comments made my 562026. So true!

Old 03-05-2022, 03:24 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Personally, I would never do this to a close friend unless they asked me to. I'd rather focus on the qualities that enabled our friendship to endure for so long than point out a weakness and employ a passive-aggressive means to fix it.

How is it passive aggressive to cook a meal with a friend or work out together or tell them you care? Or to introduce them to a more vegetarian lifestyle? Ofc they have to want the help…..like I said before.

I don’t have any obese friends tho…so I wouldn’t do it either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post

I did but with no results. None. I even send books and CD to friends to help them change their diet. Gave them links to websites, documentaries etc. I'm talking people with diabetes, obese etc.

It’s way better than this^^ IMO….

Quote:

Confidence in life, in general, as a person. Not confidence about being obese.

It’s denial or they aren’t being real IMO. You can’t be a confident person & feel good about yourself but exclude the obesity. That makes no sense.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 03-05-2022 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 04:07 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,769 times
Trust me, obese people, especially those with diabetes and other weight-related health issues, have received enough "helpful suggestions" from well-meaning acquaintances, doctors and family members. What they need from friends is kindness and acceptance.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It’s denial or they aren’t being real IMO. You can’t be a confident person & feel good about yourself but exclude the obesity. That makes no sense.
You don't know my friend but you make assumptions.

He's not a miserable human being, on the contrary. Very confident. New wife, lots of hobbies, good looking guy also (lots of charm). He got fat very fast, after emigrating to Canada (he's from Europe). Stress, divorce from the first wife, working a lot...eating the new diet/foods, no relatives or friends in the new country etc.

As I said, you don't know the situation.

Old 03-05-2022, 04:36 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,769 times
Quote:

He's not a miserable human being, on the contrary. Very confident. New wife, lots of hobbies, good looking guy also (lots of charm). He got fat very fast, after emigrating to Canada (he's from Europe). Stress, divorce from the first wife, working a lot...eating the new diet/foods, no relatives or friends in the new country etc.

As I said, you don't know the situation.
You don't need to explain. Just continue being the good friend that you are. We are all flawed in some respect. The best friends don't fix flaws; they overlook them. <3

Old 03-05-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I did but with no results. None. I even send books and CD to friends to help them change their diet. Gave them links to websites, documentaries etc. I'm talking people with diabetes, obese etc.

IMO nobody would feel confident or healthy about having a BMI of 30 or more. I didn’t say anything personal about your obese friends ofc. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2022, 12:14 PM

"Nobody would feel confident"...Yeah, nobody in this entire world, on this planet, just nobody.

I know someone who probably has a BMI of 30 or more and he looks like a bodybuilder and is indeed also healthy. BMI form of measuring is a joke...

Old 03-06-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
"Nobody would feel confident"...Yeah, nobody in this entire world, on this planet, just nobody.

I know someone who probably has a BMI of 30 or more and he looks like a bodybuilder and is indeed also healthy. BMI form of measuring is a joke...

BUT you said your 3 friends were obese & had diabetes…..not bodybuilders. IMO ppl who are obese & have diabetes won’t feel healthy & confident. Obesity is beyond overweight.

edit: It’s common sense IMO eating a more nutritional vegetarian diet would help their confidence in health & appearance…. for men^^ or anybody even if they don’t want to stick to a strict vegetarian diet.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 03-06-2022 at 01:34 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 01:33 PM

Ok.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:03 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Why it matters what other people think about you being a vegetarian is a mystery. I know quite a few male vegetarians. They don't report people criticizing them for it, but I suspect that's because they don't pay much attention to what other people think.
The one male vegan I know is 6'4 and 260 pounds. He's also a college football defensive lineman. You think twice about teasng someone like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food