Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Yes, but the station is on the east end. So depending where you live in simi the drive to the station can be just as far as someone in Thousand Oaks driving to the Moorpark station.

The Arroyo trail can be convenient, but it is along the wash. I'm not sure if i get your comment about Thousand Oaks, with the exception of the Arroyo wash trail they two are similar in terms of biking.

They really are not that different in price, perhaps 5~10% more for housing. But there has always been this strange (socioeconomic) divide between the two cities, with Moorpark being a mixed bag.
i always saw moorpark as being middle class to wealthy, simi being low income to upper middle class, and 1000 oaks being middle class to wealthy. what do you mean by mixed bag?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:45 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
People usually drive, but you can bike to the Moorpark train station from Thousand Oaks. Their are bike lanes on the 23.

Regardless, I don't think either city is the sort of place where you can efficiently use public transit.
You can also use VISTA between TO and Moorpark, East County | VCTC (http://www.goventura.org/?q=get-there-by-bus/local-bus-services/vista/east_n - broken link), but I'll agree with you that transit is pretty bad in all three cities, which is the reason I don't live there. That said, for the purposes of this thread where the OP is looking for degrees between the east VC cities, Simi would be my choice for the reasons I mentioned.

Great weekend, all!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:10 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,079,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
i always saw moorpark as being middle class to wealthy, simi being low income to upper middle class, and 1000 oaks being middle class to wealthy. what do you mean by mixed bag?
I think Simi Valley is predominately lower middle-class and Thousand Oaks is predominately middle-class/upper middle-class. Where as Moorpark seems to not have a dominate socioeconomic group.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:49 PM

687 posts, read 4,404,570 times
I lived in Simi when I was a little kid, 1974-1979.
Back in the 70's, although it did have some decent neighborhoods, it was kind of run down and not too high class but It was the best times of my life. My parents bought our first house there in 74 for 35,000 dollars! It was a large 2-story with a 20x40 swimming pool.
I dont get out there too often anymore but Simi has turned out to be quite the nice, expensive city. Even some of the neighborhoods that I remember being dumpy as a kid, are now very well kept.
If we could afford to leave Vegas, I would live there in a second!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,169 times
T.O., Simi, and Westlake Village are extremely boring places if you are a twenty-something or single 30-something looking to go out and have fun. There's just nothing to do there. Families seem to like it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County