Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 01:31 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,369,627 times

Advertisements

Screen shot I took after 3 p.m. on Fri. Aug. 12th from NWS site (they only update it once per hour).
This was hottest reading all day-notice the small print to right side: "heat index: 100 F" It sure felt like it.

Is much milder today (Mon. Aug. 15), so I can actually get some tasks/housework done
The intense thunderstorms & bursts of pouring rain throughout Sat. helped moderate things at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,961,503 times
It felt far more brutal on Thursday here...Friday was very overcast and muggy but not as hot. The whole weekend, quite frankly, sucked lol.

Things have gotten much better, hoping the rain today and tomorrow will drop the humidity back down.

Glad you made it through the weekend...it was a doozy down there!

Old 09-15-2016, 04:09 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Well........ here we are in Autumn.. Baby steps as we transition into the cooler seasons. Getting some up and down weather but a delight compared to the 80s/90s and Humidity we had over the Summer.

I'm sorry I didn't post anything Summer related. I wasn't doing well with my health because of it so I didn't have energy to post everywhere.

Surprised none of you posted some Summer stats. Maybe you were disgusted too. lol

Anyway... moving on ....

did you see the snowfall in Alberta, Montana, and Wyoming? Higher elevation but nice to see. Start at post 332 and keep scrolling through them.

This mornings temps. So nice to see 30s in Quebec.. You know the season has changed. Cold front came through yesterday with Canadian High Pressure. Clear skies overnight.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:22 PM

Cambium - hope you are feeling better! Sorry to hear you were having issues. Take care of yourself!

This was a very sunny summer, which was great, but very warm, and also pretty humid. That's my take lol.

It's always hard to let go of summer here - 41 this morning was not fun, waiting on high 30s tonight! I was hoping we'd have a break in period with at least some low 50s/high 40s!

I'm surprised by how quickly the foliage has started to change - in fact, a week ago today I drove down to NYC and was really shocked at how the leaves in southern Mass and even northern CT had already started to change! I'm sure the dry and hot summer has something to do with it. I'm afraid anyone coming this far north for Columbus Day weekend will probably miss out on peak season.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Cambium - hope you are feeling better! Sorry to hear you were having issues. Take care of yourself!

This was a very sunny summer, which was great, but very warm, and also pretty humid. That's my take lol.

It's always hard to let go of summer here - 41 this morning was not fun, waiting on high 30s tonight! I was hoping we'd have a break in period with at least some low 50s/high 40s!

I'm surprised by how quickly the foliage has started to change - in fact, a week ago today I drove down to NYC and was really shocked at how the leaves in southern Mass and even northern CT had already started to change! I'm sure the dry and hot summer has something to do with it. I'm afraid anyone coming this far north for Columbus Day weekend will probably miss out on peak season.
I'm good now, thanks. Hope everyones summer went ok. yeah, the pattern we entered starting in May was a dry one which meant sunny days. And like you said, that meant heat.

yeah, leaves starting here to now but man they are looking horrible. The drought/dryness will either drop them faster or just not be vivid this year.

Blue Dome Skies today and struggling past low 70s with dew points in the 40s. FINALLY!!

The same High Pressure over us today will stab me in the back next week as it goes off shore and south.

Surface Map, I love those Canadian Highs!
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Surface/Mixed.aspx

Old 09-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Whoa, clicked on the Current Alerts by accident and noticed the blues in New England. Frost Advisories.

Discussion from BTV

Quote:
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Burlington VT
116 PM EDT Thu Sep 15 2016

As of 107 PM EDT Thursday...Fcst in great shape this afternoon
with 1030mb high press across the Ottawa Valley. This will provide
our region with cool north winds and plenty of sunshine today.
Expecting temps to climb into the 60s to near 70f for highs...all
covered well in current grids. A quick walk outside indicates a
few shallow fair weather cumulus clouds have develop...these will
continue thru this afternoon and dissipate by sunset.

Synoptically quiescent conditions through the near- term as
1030MB surface anticyclone across sern Ontario/swrn Quebec settles
esewd across NY/Northern New England later today. Skies are mainly
clear early this morning, and patchy fog in central/ern VT, the
nrn Adirondacks, and the St. Lawrence Valley will quick dissipate
through 13Z. A bit chilly to start with 11Z readings mainly in the
40s. In the normally colder locations, did see our first freeze at
KSLK this morning (32F at 5am), and a few readings in the mid- upr
30s across far nern VT.

Weaker pressure gradient will exist today and this will allow
winds to generally be under 10 miles per hour. Northerly winds of
10-15kts over Lake Champlain early this morning will also
gradually diminish to 5-10kt by late morning/early afternoon.
High temperatures will be a few degrees cooler than normal with
highs in the 60s to around 70.

Clear and tranquil tonight with light and variable winds
controlled by local orographic influences. Good radiational
cooling setup and lighter low-level wind fields should result in
more widespread dense fog across the climatologically favored
valley of central/ern VT, and within the nrn Adirondack region.
May see some patchy frost as well for the nrn Adirondacks and the
sheltered valleys of Vermont`s Northeast Kingdom. Overall coverage
does not appear to be enough to warrant a frost advisory, and will
hold off at this time. Could see an isold 32F reading at KSLK
tonight and in a spot or two in Essex County VT. Tonight`s lows
mainly low-mid 40s, but mid-upr 30s generally in nern VT and
across the nrn Adirondacks. PoPs NIL through the period.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:49 PM

Forecast lows

btv_wfo

Old 09-16-2016, 06:24 AM

Please vote. I'm curious

Front-Mid-Back Loaded Winters....Which do you Prefer?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:09 AM

40 posts, read 27,639 times
Hello people of Vermont.

Ive been reading this thread for a while...
I am young brazilian going next month to work in the beautiful state of VT - Burlington
I have no idea what to expect bc Ive never been in a cold weather, snow or even East Coast.
The coldest weather i faced in my life was in Santa Monica, 60F°
and Brazil is a Summer year along Country and right now I am in AL, facing the 100°F days...
Any advices, please?

Have a great weekend!

Old 09-16-2016, 12:45 PM

Oh boy Fabio!!!! Learn how to ski/snowboard/snowshoe or fatbike, or all of them, otherwise you will be miserable indoors all winter. Invest in some high quality winter clothing - there are lots of outfitters in Burlington, for more affordable options you can go to the Sierra Trading Post store in South Burlington.

Look forward to snowball fights, white Christmas and hot chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont