Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Cant wait to see the radar Sunday. I think someone over 2500' will see over 2 inches of snow accumulate. Just have to see where will have the best chance.

Same type of airmass that happens in winter happening in May. More instability around. I see chances from Michigan to NY to even Mountains of West Virginia, and into New England.

Lake Erie is at +7C so a -7C air mass aloft will create some Lake Effects.

Northern NY-VT & Adirondacks

Quote:
National Weather Service Burlington VT
657 PM EDT THU MAY 12 2016

Strong frontal boundary then continues pushing east through the
region Saturday night with widespread showers expected and any
thunder threat ending by early evening. As colder sub-0C 850 mb
air streams into the region after midnight, some of the showery
precipitation will transition to wet snow at elevations above 3000
feet or so, mainly across the Adirondacks.

By this coming Sunday into Monday a
large scale upper trough/closed low will evolve across the
southeastern Quebec/northern Maine/maritimes region setting up a
deep cyclonic, moist northwesterly flow across our area. This
winter-type pattern will spell continued solid chances of showers
across the region, especially on Sunday into Sunday evening when
added support from yet another shortwave passage will aid in
dynamical support. Given mean 850 mb temperatures will average in
the -2C to -4C range, much of the showery precipitation will fall
as mixed rain/snow and/or all snow at higher elevations above 3000
feet or so. Here some minor wet accumulations of several inches
will be possible
by Monday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 PM

Some 40-50 degree ranges out there today. Wow! From 30s to 80s in Vermont.

Min temps today

Max temps today. Widespread 80s in New England. Warmer than points south. (Sun vs Clouds)

ObsMaps

Old 05-12-2016, 10:24 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Was warm enough Thursday for me to refrain from fully opening curtains during daytime, to obscure the sun's heat.
Normally (most months/seasons) I want as much sun/daylight inside as possible, but this was first time since last year that I felt like "okay, that's plenty".

Sounds like weather will shift away from warm & sunny in coming days, my new fan is staying in the box 'til the hot weather is definitively in place.
Another subjective/individual measure of "how 'summer-y' is it ?" is digging summer clothing out of storage & putting away cold-weather garb. Haven't gotten to that stage yet...

Old 05-13-2016, 05:54 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,960,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
70s and 80s today. I bet you enjoyed it. Very warm day across the region. I'll post max temp map later
Ehhhhh I probably sound very picky but it was too warm too fast lol!!!!! But I'm sure on Sunday and Monday I'll be missing it!!!!

Old 05-13-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Was warm enough Thursday for me to refrain from fully opening curtains during daytime, to obscure the sun's heat.
I am the same exact way! In fact I had them closed yesterday for a little and it was only in the 70s. Strong sun this time of year but I got good news. In just 5 weeks its the peak and then it will start setting sooner and sooner and angle will be lower and lower. We wont notice it for another 2 months though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Ehhhhh I probably sound very picky but it was too warm too fast lol!!!!! But I'm sure on Sunday and Monday I'll be missing it!!!!
It's funny because we have seasons but during the seasons it can be other seasons. Our weather is so variable and ranges are so high and low. I don't mind. I mostly complain in the summer. lol I do love 60s and 70s in Spring with sun and low humidity

BTW .. here comes the airmass. Snowing in Manitoba and Ontario and even South Dakota hills got some snow.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:40 AM

Accuweather says only the Northeast part of Vermont with the potential

I think there will be more coverage than that. Mid 30s can yield to frost and entire state should be in the 30s. Maybe they see no ground moisture around to form the frost?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:50 PM

Interesting Map of places with the locals saying, "if you don't like the weather , wait 15 minutes."

The density in the Plains is surprising but I bet that's more for storm related as opposed to New England with the Variety for all weather?

https://twitter.com/Climatologist49/...763648/photo/1

Old 05-14-2016, 05:19 AM

I have a question and who better to ask then the fine folks of Vermont........

What the heck does teens and 20s feel like in Mid May?? I never experienced that.

Current Wind Chills.

Check out the flow! The thin black lines are the surface pressure. Surface winds are straight From the North. Those are some cold winds going on.

Poor Farmers in Nebraska and Iowa. Gees.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:43 AM

Hey guys, what spot is that 3-5" snow total projection? What peak? Any webcams from there?

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/s...54046570057728

Old 05-14-2016, 05:40 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
I have a question and who better to ask then the fine folks of Vermont........
What the heck does teens and 20s feel like in Mid May?? I never experienced that.
I don't know. I live in comparatively warm/mild/sheltered part of the state.
I can say that when it gets cold (30's) at night this time of year I don't notice it much,
because the warmth of the daytime and longer hours of sunlight buffer indoor temperature from falling as much as the outdoor temp. does.
Of course, strong winds will whip away any lingering warmth, but since I'm not experiencing those conditions can't really answer the question...

Quote:
Hey guys, what spot is that 3-5" snow total projection? What peak? Any webcams from there?
Purely guessing, the dot of 3-5 inch snow forecast (Green Mntn. National Forest) between Bennington & Brattleboro could be Bromley, Mt. Snow or Stratton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont