Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:25 AM

3 posts, read 22,929 times

Advertisements

Hello I grew up in the Eddy House during the 70's it is located in Chittenden Vermont. Mary Gee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 12:30 AM

3 posts, read 22,929 times
The Eddy House did turn...The story goes that they built the road right out in front of the big porch where the guests all sat in the evening in their rocking chairs to relax. The house turned toward the lake that later washed out when the Chittenden Damn broke during the big flood. The foundation, water or any other story had nothing to do with the house turning. I grew up in this haunted house during the 70's. Mary Gee

Old 01-27-2009, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,387 times
hope your still checking this out, i sent befriend requestto you, think i recall your name when younger,grew up in pittsford

Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 PM

319 posts, read 963,308 times
Default haunted

the warner home 133 high street st albans vt.at 4yrs6mo.old i spent some of the most frightning nights of my life.some of the nightmares followed me for 20yrs.always the same and in the warner home for little wanderers. the entity or what ever lived in the attic wich was the girls play room.its a condo now.i saw it was for sale on beans group.did anyone live there in the late 50s.i love that old home and feel like it calls to me.i have lots of pictures i look at every once in a while.and try to understand what i feel.its a longing.or something.i always have to go there and sit on whats left of the big lawn.there was a small vinyard directly behind the home on the tearis(sp).a large hay field to the west.u could see for miles.and i bet its still haunted.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 8,239 times
I attended Norwich for a year and lived in Alumni Hall. The room is in fact boarded up, and the story that you heard about the hanging is the same that I heard.
I had two roommates and we experienced an odd event in our room on the fourth floor. We went lights out at sometime past 12midnight. The light switch was right next to my bed so that I could reach back and pull it down into the off position. It was an old, "heavy" feeling switch. The kind that you know is either completely up or completely down when you flip it. There was no mistaking that it was completely down in the off position. I had been turning off the light in our room for a couple of months. We were almost sleeping, it had been at least five minutes since I turned off the light when all of the sudden I heard the distinct "click" of the light switch directly over my left shoulder flip up and the lights turn on. I was slightly awakened and noticed, along with my roommate (who I thought might have turned on the light), that none of us had turned it on.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:10 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,677 times
As a Vermont real etate broker, I must disclose (we all must disclose) anything unusual or what is called "stigmatized" property and that includes the possibility of a house being haunted. What I normally say is that 'talk has it that this house is haunted' ...or people say they have seen spirits here and the like....we also must disclose if someone was murdered in a house or committed suicide, these situations are what would be considered stigmatized. I have shown properties that there is something, can't put my finger on it necessarily but sometimes, one can just feel it.

Coincidentally, last week I showed a beautiful old home in Springfield VT; it was an estate sale. When I walked in not only did I feel something but so did the customer...it was strange but not scary.

From my experience, people are more comfortable with or think it is kinda cool that perhaps the house has spirits but they get more reactive of there was a murder, which I can well appreciate.

I think it is certainly better, however, regardless of it being a law or not, to have to disclose that the town folk think something is haunted than people purchasing a house and finding out after the fact that perhaps....and being scared....

Referring back to Emily's Bridge in Stowe, there are so many people who have gone through the bridge and say that their cars have been shaken, or they see a woman walking through the bridge restlessly, there is a part of me that wants to go but I think I would be a wreck if I saw something in the bridge...for some reason I would think I would be safer in a haunted house...

That was an interesting story about a house being built in Cavendish and moved and the haunting; I live in Cavendish so I think I will try to learn more about it.

For others who want to learn more about possible haunted houses, I would think the historical societies would be a good source of information.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:13 AM

1 posts, read 8,062 times
I lived on the top floor in the condo for about a year. It's definetly haunted by the orphans that used to live there. They used to go out and play and open my locked front door between 10pm-11pm. It was really creepy. I have more info if anyones interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconscious View Post
the warner home 133 high street st albans vt.at 4yrs6mo.old i spent some of the most frightning nights of my life.some of the nightmares followed me for 20yrs.always the same and in the warner home for little wanderers. the entity or what ever lived in the attic wich was the girls play room.its a condo now.i saw it was for sale on beans group.did anyone live there in the late 50s.i love that old home and feel like it calls to me.i have lots of pictures i look at every once in a while.and try to understand what i feel.its a longing.or something.i always have to go there and sit on whats left of the big lawn.there was a small vinyard directly behind the home on the tearis(sp).a large hay field to the west.u could see for miles.and i bet its still haunted.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,677 times
"There were a lot of local people who claimed to either have experienced things in their home, or knew somebody else who had. I wonder if there is a book on that house that was said to have turned itself around in the other direction? I'll have to look that one up. As a Real Estate Agent, have you ever heard about anything with any of your properties?"

As a real estate broker, one of the "requirements" we must adhere to is to disclose information about a property that may be considered to be stigmatized property. If someone was murdered in a house or committed suicide, we must disclose it. As well, if there is any "town talk" about spirits in a house,we must disclose that as well. It would be up to the customer/client to determine if they believed it or not, regardless of whether I believed it or not as well. Can't have a customer/client purchase a property, go into a local store and have the sales person say, oh you are the ones who bought that haunted house

There is one property in the town I live in that I had to show a few times and each time I did, I would advise the customers that talk was the house was haunted; some people are fascinating others are spooked. My experience with that particular house, however, confirmed to me that it was in fact haunted by a spirit. Not sure if haunted is the right word, just that a spirit, an elderly woman, just liked to hang out there, nothing dramatic, but just to hang out.

I have found, however that people tend to be more distressed over a property where there was a suicide rather than a spirit.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,517 times
Joe Citro is the best for ghost stories. My daugher used to email him back and forth because she thought he was so good at relaying his stories.

Last time I talked with him, he was about to have a sleepover at the Shelburn Museum because of hauntings there.

If there are haunted stories, Joe Citro would know about them, or want to know. His books are great.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,510 times
I live in Bennington and have had some strange things happen at my house, like the toilet set being up when I would go to use it, the strange part about this is no men live here just two women. we have had many more things happen But I could go on for along time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont