Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 AM

226 posts, read 693,514 times

Advertisements

In Burlington - Verizon has best coverage, though Unicell & Sprint also operate here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 15,160 times
Yes, there are plans for service to cover the entire state thanks to Governor Douglas. As for coverage now, I live in Vernon and I have no service whatsoever in Vernon, but I have perfect signal in Guilford and have pretty good signal in Brattleboro.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:30 PM

85 posts, read 249,847 times
We had good luck with Verizon during our visit. Both in the Springfield area and Rutland.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,728 times
We just decided on Unicel after talking to everyone we saw with a cell phone in their hand. Good plan (pretty cheap) we both got Razr's (free) and are happy with them so far. We live and work in the WRJ area, we have GREAT signal everywhere we go including in our house in Windsor. So far so good.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,753 times
In central Vermont Verizon has little coverage, Unicell seems to be the choice around here. Unicell has a tower just off the Sugarbush base area.

My wife has Verizon which is virtually useless around here.

Guess it depends on where you are.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,660,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
In central Vermont Verizon has little coverage, Unicell seems to be the choice around here. Unicell has a tower just off the Sugarbush base area.

My wife has Verizon which is virtually useless around here.

Guess it depends on where you are.
I agree. It also depends on the phone you have also. I have Verizon and my old phone had terrible reception in central Vermont and in the Springfield/Windsor area. Last year we got new phones and it's a night and day difference. I rarley ever have a dropped call now.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,333 times
Default northeast kingdom cell service

can anyone tell me which cell phone service works in Barton area? We are moving up there from Florida and our service is not offered up there.
Also, do the cable companies offer phone service for your home?
Thanks!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
closewatch--
I have comcast for my phone(home), cable, and internet. It seems fine (even if they lied about the real cost--tacking on an extra $5 for equipment rental.) I don't live in NWK though.
We went north from our town to Tunbridge and lost the signal on Sunday...I guess it's all the mountains.

Call a few companies mentioned in this thread and ask them. Still and all, your signal may fade in and out.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you--everyone is very nice on the forum.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by closewatch View Post
can anyone tell me which cell phone service works in Barton area? We are moving up there from Florida and our service is not offered up there.
Also, do the cable companies offer phone service for your home?
Thanks!
I'm sure if you call the Barton Chamber of Commerce they can help you
Center of the Kingdom- Barton Area Chamber of Commerce- Orleans County, Vermont

You picked one heck of a beautiful place!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM

226 posts, read 693,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
We just decided on Unicel after talking to everyone we saw with a cell phone in their hand. Good plan (pretty cheap) we both got Razr's (free) and are happy with them so far. We live and work in the WRJ area, we have GREAT signal everywhere we go including in our house in Windsor. So far so good.
Unicell does look cheaper up front, but when you factor in the fact that most of the people in Burlington have Verizon (free customer to customer calls), speaking with other Verizon customers doesn't use as many of my minutes each month, so I can talk more, but still use a cheaper plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont