Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,672,210 times

Advertisements

I'm not complaining at all. We just got out of the cool season. Let those of us that love the heat enjoy a few days of heat. Don't worry, in a little over3 months it will cold again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM

18,362 posts, read 26,570,273 times
Well, someone find a time machine so I can skip a few months...

Old 05-25-2010, 07:45 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,963,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
This is wreaking havoc with tomato plants which don't like the cool weather, especially the cold, clammy nights.
Surely this must be how they make clamato juice!

The bank thermometer in Enosburg, located in the shade, was at 90 degrees around 6 p.m. My car's thermometer said it was 93 around 7 p.m.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,144,024 times
Ugh. First day of deadly heat and as a result I spent the whole morning with a migraine. I say, bring on the cold.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 PM

914 posts, read 2,927,809 times
If you folks had air conditioning, it wouldn't be so bad. We are lucky here, we have dry heat. And our warm summer nights are lovely. And if I were you I wouldn't be wishing away the heat. It will probably return to cool weather soon enough. Actually, there is a weather swap of sorts going on. They have been saying that the ridge of high pressure that we usually get has risen over the midwest/east, while low pressure has dropped down in the west. Others think it is lingering effects of El Nino, the weather cycle we get from time to time that affects the Pacific ocean.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:43 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,109,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
This weather reminds me of N.J.--- hot, humid and uncomfortable. My poor dd had two hours of soccer practice after school. She drank two large bottles of water and got sunburn despite the spf 50 she put on.

This past weekend was perfect weather-wise. Today is just too much of a good thing.
Yep, it was starting to feel like a good old Long Island summer ...still not at humid, though. The dog was definitely feeling it...But if it cools off by night, I am happy.

Sorry about the migraine, Sheryl. They are horrible!!

My neighbor, a part timer from CT has had his a/c cranked on and off since Friday. I don't get it, really. Unless you have allergies, it wasn't THAT hot, even upstairs. A fan worked fine. It was 93 I think by 4 pm. Yeah, not what we want in VT for sure.

In hot weather, some fyi l learned from living on Long Island, again WITHOUT an a/c most of the time. Do your cooking early in the day or eat salads...Keep drinking, even if you aren't thirsty. Keep your pets inside!! My crazy dog wanted to sit in the sun @3 pm (bored) and I was not having it.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Yep, it was starting to feel like a good old Long Island summer ...still not at humid, though. The dog was definitely feeling it...But if it cools off by night, I am happy.

Sorry about the migraine, Sheryl. They are horrible!!

My neighbor, a part timer from CT has had his a/c cranked on and off since Friday. I don't get it, really. Unless you have allergies, it wasn't THAT hot, even upstairs. A fan worked fine. It was 93 I think by 4 pm. Yeah, not what we want in VT for sure.

In hot weather, some fyi l learned from living on Long Island, again WITHOUT an a/c most of the time. Do your cooking early in the day or eat salads...Keep drinking, even if you aren't thirsty. Keep your pets inside!! My crazy dog wanted to sit in the sun @3 pm (bored) and I was not having it.

Thanks. My migraine was a screamer, the first in over a year. Hmmm, since last year's heat. Migraine better today, mild med hangover.

Your poor crazy dog!!! Our cats are awake when I come down in the early morning. Then they are inert until after sunset.

We have AC. We've been sleeping with it for two nights. Our downstairs usually stays pleasantly cool as long as the night cools off at all. Now that last night didn't get cool enough to make the downstairs (where I work) habitable, we're putting in the big AC this morning. Ahhhhhhh. I could not live without AC.

Even with AC, though, I feel pretty awful in this weather. AC merely means I survive it.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,109,236 times
Some people are extremely weather sensitive. It's probably a good idea you no longer live in Florida.

I know people who are trying to convince me to move to TX (cheap houses, abundant jobs) but I doubt 6 months of humidity and heat would be my idea of 'nice.' While I am looking into moving South again and avoiding (so we think, look at last winter ) a lot of snow, I have to say there is nothing as beautiful as autumn days. I would so miss them.

Today is our last bad day (hot) from what I saw on the news just now. Going to be 80 something tomorrow or 70 something and a bit cooler Friday. Sounds fine.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Some people are extremely weather sensitive. It's probably a good idea you no longer live in Florida.
True that. Very. I probably should have moved to the Antarctic.

Quote:
I know people who are trying to convince me to move to TX (cheap houses, abundant jobs) but I doubt 6 months of humidity and heat would be my idea of 'nice.' While I am looking into moving South again and avoiding (so we think, look at last winter ) a lot of snow, I have to say there is nothing as beautiful as autumn days. I would so miss them.
This is a tough one. My friends in Austin love it there -- except for the weather. A few in Fort Worth, too, seem pretty happy. Again, except for being trapped in AC (car, house, office) most of the time. Hmm, that's it is for me in this weather even though it's Vermont.

Quote:
Today is our last bad day (hot) from what I saw on the news just now. Going to be 80 something tomorrow or 70 something and a bit cooler Friday. Sounds fine.

Whew!!!! Thanks for that glimmer of hope. I may make it to the weekend after all.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM

986 posts, read 2,339,106 times
Quote:
Texas is HOT! I spend a little time there about 10 years ago. I offered to help the people I was staying with clean the leaves and stuff off their roof. It was pushing 100 on the ground. The roof had to be 120. It was also like 80% humidity. This was Houston, closer to the ocean than much of Texas, but it was unbearable. No one spent much time outside on those days, unless they were in the shade.

I was just outside here in Providence. It's hot, about 95, but the humidity isn't that bad right now, which was surprising. Hopefully this will be the hottest day of the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont