Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:11 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,550,666 times

Advertisements

It's hot out there today! I had to drive my cousin up to Burlington for a medical appointment, felt like I was going to die, and the engine kept coming close to overheating so I couldn't use the AC...I had some oyster crackers in the car, felt like they came out of the oven when I ate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:20 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,249,194 times
Yeppers, and it's not really going to cool off much tonight.
Been sort of a dry heat so far but the humidity is creeping in.
At this rate we will have had more warmth by the end of the week than we did ALL last non/summer.

I would just like a happy medium lol.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,388,524 times
This weather reminds me of N.J.--- hot, humid and uncomfortable. My poor dd had two hours of soccer practice after school. She drank two large bottles of water and got sunburn despite the spf 50 she put on.

This past weekend was perfect weather-wise. Today is just too much of a good thing.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm not good in hot weather at all. I was thinking of going up somewhere in the mountains and camping tonight to escape some of the heat but I'm too worn out to now.

I just noticed a couple tallow taper candles I have out in holders bent over from the heat. lol

Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM

914 posts, read 2,925,308 times
HeY! You're having all our hot weather! No fair, give it back!!! Seriously, if you've watched the Weather Channel then you would know that the entire west has had very cold temps this month, and our region here in northern California will set a record for the coldest May ever! My daughter has finals this week, and gets out of school for summer vacation at the end of the week, and it seems more like she's going on Spring break! By now, we should have temps in the upper 80's/90's, and instead it is raining and in the upper 50's. This is wreaking havoc with tomato plants which don't like the cool weather, especially the cold, clammy nights.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 PM

Let's trade weather! I'm actually beginning to look back with fondness on last year's non-summer here...

Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,249,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Let's trade weather! I'm actually beginning to look back with fondness on last year's non-summer here...
Now now.....No need to go that far lol.
I have an Aunt in central California, she has not been impressed with her weather temps. At all.

And my pals in Colorado have the wind as always.

SEE I knew it was always windy when I was growing up.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,837,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Who needs to go back a year...how about 3 weeks ago when everyone was complaining about the cool temps/rain/snow. After today, that doesn't seem so bad. Course, today would be the day I reserved/rented the bushogger to get the weeds/rasberry bushes cut down on the leach field.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Who needs to go back a year...how about 3 weeks ago when everyone was complaining about the cool temps/rain/snow. After today, that doesn't seem so bad. Course, today would be the day I reserved/rented the bushogger to get the weeds/rasberry bushes cut down on the leach field.
Hard to believe it was only a few weeks ago that it snowed...now all summer I'm going to be wishing for fall...cool temps, not many bugs, hunting, hiking, snow soon...

Some luck picking today...did you get the brushhogging done?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Now now.....No need to go that far lol.
I have an Aunt in central California, she has not been impressed with her weather temps. At all.

And my pals in Colorado have the wind as always.

SEE I knew it was always windy when I was growing up.
30 mph winds and a thunderstorm would feel good right now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont