Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 03:55 AM

35 posts, read 28,125 times

Advertisements

Prey 2017. Awesome game by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Played Prey. Got a little bit into it and realized it's not for me. Enemies are obnoxious and difficult, fast and shifty, resources hard to come by, and they all respawn when you leave an area. Reminds me of Far Cry 2 when the bases respawn. Promptly uninstalled it when I saw just how many of them respawned when I merely revisited an area to do some scavenging. Obnoxious considering how fast they take down your health and how relentless they are to chase you all over the map when you just want to run away from them. Reinstalled it to maybe see if I was wrong.. uninstalled it again 10 minutes later. Even the corrupted robots respawned. It's magic! Next!
You should give it another chance, it really is one of the best games ever made IMO, nothing else quite like it. The difficulty is tough at first but it gets much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 06:14 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Hit up the cauldrons ASAP so you can override the machines. On your first play through on normal, the machines will be overpowered after an override. On the NG+ play, and on the most difficult setting, the machines aren't very OP at all. Hell, I'd venture to say they're even weaker, except for the Stormbird. Don't try fighting those on that game mode. Tether them down with the epic quality ropecaster and get that override. There's nothing like having superior air power above you! The Stormbird will lay waste to everything it engages.
I just did the Cauldron Sigma the night before posting this. I thought - this side quest is really long there better be a nice reward at the end. And there was.
I just finished my first main quest at meridian. Level 16. I’ll admit at first I when playing this game I was getting crushed but now I’m getting decent weapons and figuring out approaches better. Kind of reminds me of Last of Us where you better be good at stealth early on or you’ll get wrecked.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:39 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I just did the Cauldron Sigma the night before posting this. I thought - this side quest is really long there better be a nice reward at the end. And there was.
I just finished my first main quest at meridian. Level 16. I’ll admit at first I when playing this game I was getting crushed but now I’m getting decent weapons and figuring out approaches better. Kind of reminds me of Last of Us where you better be good at stealth early on or you’ll get wrecked.
On the hardest difficulty, if you can see the machines, they can also see you from far away. You gotta be extra careful. Especially in the DLC area. The machines there are more powerful than the corrupt ones in the vanilla map.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:16 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinew View Post
Prey 2017. Awesome game by the way.

You should give it another chance, it really is one of the best games ever made IMO, nothing else quite like it. The difficulty is tough at first but it gets much easier.
I played it a little more and then just lost interest. I know it sounds silly but one simple change would make me like the game much more enjoyable... if they turrets actually stayed upright once upgraded and weren't useless from being toppled. It would make it more like bioshock instead of a run and gun game which is all it really is. The constant respawn just got obnoxious near the end. To each their own. I'm glad they make different types of games to appeal to a broad variety of people. I'd rather play bioshock and bioshock 2... to me these are the gold standard even if they are more linear.

Another game I just played and stopped.. metroid samus returns for the 3DS... obnoxiously hard. I don't play games to have my butt handed to me in boss fights over and over. The way they prevent you from getting too powerful too early but using glue, fans, and other gimmicks to keep the game linear was a bit of a turnoff as well, combined with the fact that enemies respawn too fast and all the upgrades are scattered all over the map in such a way where you have to backtrack all over the place to get anything... ugh.. I'll try the fanmade remake and see how it compares. In Super Metroid I could use bomb and wall jumping to access areas of the game early.. not so much in samus returns. They gave you ample energy tanks and enemies didn't take off a single energy tank in one hit. They hid energy tanks in clever places so people would be rewarded for exploring.. they are stingy with the powerups in samus returns and lock them behind glue and other crap. It wouldn't have hurt them to hide some energy tanks in out of the way locations hard to access with lots of bomb jumping or whatever. I'm glad I was able to try this one before I bought it.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:41 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Diablo 3 for the first time since around launch. What a sad state that has become. Simplified beyond belief. No difficulty whatsoever. Created new characters upped difficulty to Torment off the bat, upped the level at appropriate character levels. Never died. Heck never really even came close to dying. Just made me miss Diablo 1 where if you didn't manage to take a chokepoint like a door you were dead meat. And then you dropped your stuff and had to go down and try to reclaim it with backup equipment or nothing at all.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Diablo 3 for the first time since around launch. What a sad state that has become. Simplified beyond belief. No difficulty whatsoever. Created new characters upped difficulty to Torment off the bat, upped the level at appropriate character levels. Never died. Heck never really even came close to dying. Just made me miss Diablo 1 where if you didn't manage to take a chokepoint like a door you were dead meat. And then you dropped your stuff and had to go down and try to reclaim it with backup equipment or nothing at all.
Give Grim Dawn a go. It's available on Steam. It feels like the great isometric online RPGs of the era when Diablo was king.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:25 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Give Grim Dawn a go. It's available on Steam. It feels like the great isometric online RPGs of the era when Diablo was king.
Yeah I was on the Kickstarter for that having been a big fan of Titan Quest and that was effectively the sequel. I think Titan Quest was still the better game. And they released an add-on for that this year. Crazy for a 10 year old game.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah I was on the Kickstarter for that having been a big fan of Titan Quest and that was effectively the sequel. I think Titan Quest was still the better game. And they released an add-on for that this year. Crazy for a 10 year old game.
The expansion for GD is damn good. There's another one coming out in a few months. I'll go back to GD once that x-pac has been released. Titan Quest's combat felt too slow and mundane for my liking. I think I made it halfway through before it finally put me to sleep.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
Just got finished playing Planet Coaster and I'm looking forward to playing it again later tonight.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:44 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Been playing a few games on PS Now, Yakuza 4, some zombie game, payday 2, all meh.

Just biding my time until Far Cry 5 comes out.

HOW FAR CRY 5 REVAMPS THE STRUCTURE OF SANDBOX STORYTELLING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games