Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM

10 posts, read 74,790 times

Advertisements

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/IMG_3089.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,339 times
This is Tiffany Merrell and I am hearing impaired. My husband and I are looking for rental farmhouse in Nowata and Washington county at Oklahoma. If you know someone who have their own rental farm. Please contact Tiffany call or/either text 6208700913. Also if you want to email me is tmerrell_1977@yahoo.com The reason I am looking for a farm cause ready to start livestock show and rodeo. Thank you very much.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 AM

5 posts, read 12,425 times
I have a friend who has a farm in New Castle. I have been there personally. It is just beautiful. Salem is a close little town, and Roanoke is about 45 minutes away. If you are looking for solitude, this would be a great place. Also, Blacksburg is an hour away. So, civilization is around the cornor if you need it!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 AM

5 posts, read 12,425 times
Can anyone give me information about Lynchburg?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
Wink New Castle, A perfect place for QUIETNESS!

any one wanting to move to New Castle from any where, has picked the perfect, quiet place to stay. Most neighbors leave all there doors unlocked, most carry firearms freely. AND, ALL BLACKS KNOW THEY CAN NOT, BE IN NEW CASTLE, AFTER DARK. I love to hunt, camp and fish there. They have a GREAT attitude toward strangers, and are VERY friendly people, during hunting season, they open there doors to hunters, serving breakfast to any one who stops.
As you enter craig county, going to New Castle, you start seeing Confederate flags all over the place. ( which blacks do not like), THANKFULLY! A great drive to get there, coming and going!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,498 times
About 35 years ago I lived just outside of New Castle on a 2,000 acre farm in Maggie Valley. I doubt if much has changed in all these years. A beautiful spot, but very very isolated. One post was correct in stating that guys would love the hunting, fishing, etc. unless the "girls" love the same, they will feel quite isolated. We did all our shopping, etc. in Blacksburg, a lovely town. Roanoke is the"big city" however, further to drive to via those twisty roads.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,412 times
I am purchasing a farm in the New Castle area, and I must comment, that as a lady, and an avid outdoors person, who loves fishing and hunting, I feel quite at home there. The peace and solitude, plus the fact that VA Tech is a convenient drive, make the area perfect.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,071 times
Default Property near New Castle

I have just listed a beautiful property in Maggie Valley near New Castle about 30 minutes from Blacksburg. It has 9.18 acre, a beautiful modern house and guest house and has John's Creek running through the property and joins the Jefferson National Forest on the back of the property. Two adjoining landowners (11+ acres and 20+ acres) have also expressed an interest in selling. The property is located less than 2 miles from the Black Diamond ranch development. Jim.Viers@Remax.net

Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
New Castle is a beautiful place to yes we are a small town with a big past you can find out info about new castle throw the Internet I'm a proud firefighter of new castle vol.fire department. i love it here I've lived here for three years in the winter time it a little bad in some area's v-dot tries to keep the roads clear we have a subway a couple little restaurants family owned a family dollar two gas stations two parts stores a hardware store and a grocery store there are several places for sale here in Craig county just look into it i think you will love it here. sincerely new castle firefighter

Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCastleFirefighter View Post
New Castle is a beautiful place to yes we are a small town with a big past you can find out info about new castle throw the Internet I'm a proud firefighter of new castle vol.fire department. i love it here I've lived here for three years in the winter time it a little bad in some area's v-dot tries to keep the roads clear we have a subway a couple little restaurants family owned a family dollar two gas stations two parts stores a hardware store and a grocery store there are several places for sale here in Craig county just look into it i think you will love it here. sincerely new castle firefighter
Thanks for reviving this thread. I started it when my user name was Kew Gee. I'm still searching on the internet for that special place to live out my sunset years and even though I'm checking into other states, I keep going back to the VA forum. I haven't been to New Castle or Craig County, but I have to Floyd County and absolutely fell in love with it. Four more years to retirement and saying "bye-bye" to Texas in my rear-view mirror will be a dream come true. Thank you so much for the information.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 02-09-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia