Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:07 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It hasn't been proven, show me any academic paper that posits that. I'll wait.

It doesn't even make sense intuitively since by sheer numbers poor Whites outnumber poor Blacks. Yet the violent crime rate of Blacks is at least 6 times that of Whites.
http://liberationfromthelie.com/2012...s-from-racism/ . Hell I could find some more but if you are too lazy to search, what is the point? You simply want something to argue about... Guess you will come back with a crafty reply... but whatever.

And again, you are specifically (specifically) talking about adding poor blacks to a wealthy neighborhood. This book states otherwise.

If you honestly think poor blacks if placed in Bethesda would continue to be violent, then you have lost it... the poor blacks around here who are placed in our housing are not violent (although, they do tend to mess things up and sit out in the parking lot sometimes [although that has stopped since the police started patrolling], but not violent).

It seems you are simply taking general crime stats and trying to make an argument. Stats are a dangerous thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 07:21 PM

137 posts, read 268,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That post was not found anywhere in this thread before your post in #27. I found it in post 31 as a response to your post in 27. You remain the first peron to bring racism into the discussion. Own it!
You guys may be in the business of using code words but I am in the business of decoding those word so, you don't have to hide from what you're really saying. And when I decoded it on here, what happened? All hell broke loose - blacks this black that and all that jazz..

The truth again is, when people talk about "poor people" in America they mostly have certain people in mind. They mostly have blacks and hispanics in mind even though whites are equally poor. These people will mostly tolerate poor whites in their neighborhood but if the poor group is others - dark and brown people - the whole equation changes.

And yet, when that is decoded they point the finger at you for bringing the race thing. I don't; I just call the elephant in the room the elephant in the room. And to me that's why we never get anywhere in race relations - we only talk about it in our dinning tables and in code-words.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
http://liberationfromthelie.com/2012...s-from-racism/ . Hell I could find some more but if you are too lazy to search, what is the point? You simply want something to argue about... Guess you will come back with a crafty reply... but whatever.

And again, you are specifically (specifically) talking about adding poor blacks to a wealthy neighborhood. This book states otherwise.

If you honestly think poor blacks if placed in Bethesda would continue to be violent, then you have lost it... the poor blacks around here who are placed in our housing are not violent (although, they do tend to mess things up and sit out in the parking lot sometimes [although that has stopped since the police started patrolling], but not violent).

It seems you are simply taking general crime stats and trying to make an argument. Stats are a dangerous thing...
So now blog posts from rambling liberals are academic papers, um ok.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So now blog posts from rambling liberals are academic papers, um ok.
And again, the posts cites research... if you had bothered to read it. And I was not aware the post was from a rambling liberal... it was only the first site that I remembered on the subject... there are plenty more, but with your attitude, there is no use in wasting my time.

Anything I post won't be good enough, not matter how much research was done. It will be "liberal garbage" to you. It would be cool if I could find some research from the Heritage Foundation, but I doubt if they researched this particular subject (poor blacks moving into neighborhood with rich whites).

I guess the real question would be where is your research that shows that poor blacks that move into a rich white neighborhood cause move violence than poor whites that move into rich white neighborhoods?

Point is that you were wrong and there was research shown to prove it. Your ignorant posts are called out for what they are. Check and mate. ;-)

Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ1 View Post
You guys may be in the business of using code words but I am in the business of decoding those word so, you don't have to hide from what you're really saying. And when I decoded it on here, what happened? All hell broke loose - blacks this black that and all that jazz..

The truth again is, when people talk about "poor people" in America they mostly have certain people in mind. They mostly have blacks and hispanics in mind even though whites are equally poor. These people will mostly tolerate poor whites in their neighborhood but if the poor group is others - dark and brown people - the whole equation changes.

And yet, when that is decoded they point the finger at you for bringing the race thing. I don't; I just call the elephant in the room the elephant in the room. And to me that's why we never get anywhere in race relations - we only talk about it in our dinning tables and in code-words.
I "decode" your use of the the word "decode" to be equivalent to "assume". Substitute the word assume everywhere you put decode and your post makes just as much sense, which isn't that much. So, it is your "business" to go around and take what everybody says and tell us what they are really saying? Who elected you God?

Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The above bolded isn't exactly accurate. What has happened in Montgomery County, and elsewhere in MD, is that developers who wish to build are required to provide a percentage of the new houses for what is termed "workforce housing" (the PC term for low and moderate income, usually moderate. People like teachers, police officers and firefighters.). In exchange for this set aside the developer is allowed to increase density (number of housing units) on the development parcel.
What is difference between Section 8/and "workforce" housing and when looking for rent:

what language do you use to either identify which properties are one or the other OR
what do you ask the leasing office? If you say "i'm looking for low i ncome housing" wouldn't they mix in Section 8 and "workforce" housing?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,352 times
Workforce housing is generally understood to mean affordable housing for households with earned income that is insufficient to secure quality housing in reasonable proximity to the workplace. Basically they pay their rent or mortgage out of their own pocket with no help from the government

Section 8 is federally funded and is for families and individuals that have little to no income. The Voucher pays for the majority of the rent and families have strict guidelines such as no other individuals to live in the home that are not on the lease, cant have any utilities disconnected, no police or law enforcement involvement, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland