Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 03:08 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
I'm not ignorant of course there another D&B in Maryland and that Anne Arundel. I'm simply stating that what happen to the BLVD is going to be a continue trend in the New D&B location. Downtown Silver Spring is what I consider middle ground where everyone could get to it easy. Yes its my opinion but I really don't see it lasting that long in the Capital heights area....Its not going to work and I give it 2 years...................The only reason why the National Harbor didn't fall through is because of the HEAVY investor in that area and A LOT of security to keep the BAD APPLES out

You can't really compare the two. The BLVD was at a different time and place. We're a decade forward now. The county has really moved ahead from where it was over ten years ago. Even the retail mix is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldunn71 View Post
Adelphi Sky you are a typical sell out. We can't allow the bad apples from stopping progress. I bet you are from Capitol Heights we are always the ones that put down our own community. Give it a chance, you didn't invest any of your own money in it. There are plenty of other people who will support it.
You sure you got the right person? lol

Old 02-22-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
I think part of the problem is "us" In this thread and this county as a whole. How come whenever PG is scheduled to get something new "we" automatically, before any other group of people, project that "we" will fail in sustaining it. This is part of the systemic problem this county will never get over if we do not hold ourselves to a higher standard. If "they" are willing to invest in businesses in "our" county, yet "we" automatically right off any type of business potential it could have on the local economy how are we ever going to succeed?

Didn't people say Tanger outlets would fail? Heck I remember as a whole when some claimed the Harbor would possibly have its doubts too, now look at it new apartments and $600,000 homes going up.
You're absolutely right. I find it an odd reaction when new business does come to the county there is a tendency to doubt its sustainability. Well damn. If the business thinks they can make money here, why can't we? that's what the county has been screaming for decades right?

I think people jump to conclusions way too fast.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Dave & Busters to open first Prince George's County location at Ritchie Station Marketplace - Washington Business Journal

Oh this should be interesting. Hopefully they have learned lessons from the BLVD and have a way of managing the clientele there. Unfortunately a business like this will attract a wide range of individuals, both good and bad.

Who wants to bet the will be some major altercation with in three months of opening,sorry bad move .

Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
You're absolutely right. I find it an odd reaction when new business does come to the county there is a tendency to doubt its sustainability. Well damn. If the business thinks they can make money here, why can't we? that's what the county has been screaming for decades right?

I think people jump to conclusions way too fast.
No , they just read the metro section of the Washington Post .

Old 02-22-2015, 05:11 PM

490 posts, read 924,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldunn71 View Post
I think it will be a success. Some of you white washed idiots should stay in your so called affluent Silver Spring. I bet some of you MOCO residents are living in the lower class section of MOCO. It's like the guy who has an old beat up outdated BMW and is criticizing the person who has a brand new Toyota. Fact of the matter is PG County is a county of 900,000 plus and the count's household income is in the top 100. (Prince George's County is the 70th most affluent county in the United States by median income for families and the most affluent county in the United States with an African-American majority. Almost 38.8% of all households in Prince George's County, earned over $100,000 in 2008). So obviously the county can support D&B, SAKS etc. You have too many bougie people who probably live in an apartment in MOCO trying to put down PG. I know many of them. SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T COME, NO ONE IS BEGGING ANY OF YOU WANNA BE AFFLUENT IDIOTS TO COME SUPPORT IT.

Like I said before I'm from Montgomery County and I'm definitely not the so called "Low class" your making me and other out to beYou can say what you want but its not going to last that long in Prince Georges County (Worst Mistake)......

Old 02-22-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Who wants to bet the will be some major altercation with in three months of opening,sorry bad move .
Like there were no altercations at the one in White Flint? What do altercations have to do with anything? Hell, they have altercation at bars in Bethesda. Your point? I don't get it. This is not some go-go joint. lol I think people are a tad way over the top about D&B. lol This is getting silly.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:44 PM

I really shouldn't have to do this but.....

Justin Bieber Got Into a “Fight” with a Fan at Dave & Buster’s
Suns Gorilla punched in the nose during mascot-fan skirmish
Father-son fight outside Dave & Buster's leads to arrest, hospital visit | News - Home
3 Shot Outside Popular Restaurant | NBC 7 San Diego
Dave & Buster's Stabbing Suspect Sought By Braintree Police | Braintree, MA Patch
Assault at Dave & Buster's will not change security detail, liquor license - Braintree - Your Town - Boston.com

etc.
etc.
etc.

Double standard? If an altercation happens in a predominately black community, well, "I told you so." But if it happens somewhere else, well, things just got out of hand.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Like there were no altercations at the one in White Flint? What do altercations have to do with anything? Hell, they have altercation at bars in Bethesda. Your point? I don't get it. This is not some go-go joint. lol I think people are a tad way over the top about D&B. lol This is getting silly.
No , you just choose not to admit what is based on factual evidence .Had I lived in Boston I might say the same about a certain area up there but I don't I live in Maryland and I see and hear what is happening in PG county having worked in it for over 25 years .While there are some beautiful places and neighborhoods in PG county it has lost a lot of it's allure due to crime and it's citizens just not behaving the right way .

Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No , you just choose not to admit what is based on factual evidence .Had I lived in Boston I might say the same about a certain area up there but I don't I live in Maryland and I see and hear what is happening in PG county having worked in it for over 25 years .While there are some beautiful places and neighborhoods in PG county it has lost a lot of it's allure due to crime and it's citizens just not behaving the right way .

It doesn't matter if you've worked in PG for over 25 years or lived here.

There is no more a behavior problem in this county than there is in DC, Boston, or LA. Properties rise and fall based off of issues that we can't see or determine. It's not always about clientele or crime.

You do know that Maryland as a whole has a business climate issue right? Hell, it's being currently discussed in a another thread. But no, Maryland is "anti-business," but PG has "behavioral issues." Unless you're saying that businesses are leaving Maryland because of behavioral issues throughout the state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland