Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2023, 05:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"Virginia" cares about hurting Maryland about the same amount that "Maryland" cares about hurting Virginia.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 05:29 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
They’ve been batting the relocation of HQ back and forth for as long as I can remember.
I thought they would at least stay in DC, maybe closer to Union Station. There were others fighting to keep it in DC as well.
Then came options for Virginia and Maryland. Support staff hoping it would be easily accessible to Metro.
The Agents, were hoping for somewhere near - guess, yup, Quantico. No surprise there. I can’t recall if this is their 2nd or 3rd , let’s hold off decision.

Old 12-08-2023, 07:11 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Please , just stop it. Comparing this to two neighbors living next to each other is ridiculous. It's about the money and there is a tremendous possibility nothing comes from it but the delay will cost MD a boat load of money. If you honestly think anyone in VA cares that this could hurt MD you're nuts.
No. I won't stop can't stop. Gotta keep moving. Now, if people enjoy dysfunction in area politics, that's on them. But it would be nice to have adjoining jurisdictions pull their strengths together and create a tri-"state" area that benefits all of the residents.

Again, it comes down to being simply good neighbors.

Old 12-08-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"Virginia" cares about hurting Maryland about the same amount that "Maryland" cares about hurting Virginia.
To the victor goes the spoils!

Old 12-08-2023, 08:10 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
No. I won't stop can't stop. Gotta keep moving. Now, if people enjoy dysfunction in area politics, that's on them. But it would be nice to have adjoining jurisdictions pull their strengths together and create a tri-"state" area that benefits all of the residents.

Again, it comes down to being simply good neighbors.

Really?? Maybe if Virginia would give as much concern to the Bay and the Blue Crabs + Rock Fish as much as the stupid FBI HQ that would show what a good neighbor really is.

Old 12-08-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Really?? Maybe if Virginia would give as much concern to the Bay and the Blue Crabs + Rock Fish as much as the stupid FBI HQ that would show what a good neighbor really is.
The possibilities are endless!

Old 12-08-2023, 01:10 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
They’ve been batting the relocation of HQ back and forth for as long as I can remember.
I thought they would at least stay in DC, maybe closer to Union Station. There were others fighting to keep it in DC as well.
Then came options for Virginia and Maryland. Support staff hoping it would be easily accessible to Metro.
The Agents, were hoping for somewhere near - guess, yup, Quantico. No surprise there. I can’t recall if this is their 2nd or 3rd , let’s hold off decision.
I'm surprised senior management at the FBI hasn't attempted to remain in DC, at least publicly, where it can be close to the White House and Congress. I believe both the administrative and enforcement sides of the FBI can be moved elsewhere. As I've mentioned before, put the administrative section in MD, and give VA the enforcement section, which would make it closer to Quantico.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:23 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
We’ve got plenty of room down here in Alabama on Redstone Arsenal for the new FBI Headquarters. The FBI already has a couple thousand employees working away there now. I think they are already building for more FBI employees to come down in the near future.

Old 12-09-2023, 04:41 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
We’ve got plenty of room down here in Alabama on Redstone Arsenal for the new FBI Headquarters. The FBI already has a couple thousand employees working away there now. I think they are already building for more FBI employees to come down in the near future.
You may be on to something, but you don't have either Richard Shelby or Jeff Sessions in office to make it happen. That said, I don't have any problems with sharing federal agencies with other states. There's nothing wrong with spreading the wealth.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/facil...ment-strategy/

Quote:
The FBI is building out a new, state-of-the art campus at a popular federal site, part of a multi-year effort to expand its presence at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.

The goal is to strategically realign the bureau, enhance its training programs, create a common space for academic and private sector partners and tap into top IT talent in the region, FBI officials said Tuesday at the Professional Services Council’s virtual law enforcement conference.

The FBI has been at Redstone Arsenal since the 1970s and has gradually moved more employees to Huntsville in recent years. The bureau previously planned to move its headquarters from the historic yet outdated Hoover building in Washington, D.C., to a consolidated campus in suburban Maryland or Virginia.

The bureau has about 860 employees there today, but the FBI envisions at least 3,400 people will work at Redstone Arsenal by 2026.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
You may be on to something, but you don't have either Richard Shelby or Jeff Sessions in office to make it happen. That said, I don't have any problems with sharing federal agencies with other states. There's nothing wrong with spreading the wealth.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/facil...ment-strategy/
That's a huge increase in employees. I also agree that more federal agencies should be spread out in the advent of the internet and remote work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland