Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:57 AM

56 posts, read 121,684 times

Advertisements

I would say that I've seen a lot of BW/WM couples in DC. DC basically has every possible match-up.

If you hang out on U St. You see a lot of them. That is considered a "Black/Ethio" area.

Also. If you workout. On Saturday mornings at Whole Foods on 14/P. It's pretty much a meat market. I've seen a lot of IR Couples. It's pretty packed.

There are also plenty of Meetup Groups that are gear specifically for IR Dating. So honestly. It shouldn't be that hard to meet somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,248,659 times
Figured I'd chime in. Black gay guy here so my perspective is a touch different but men are men. I like to date outside my race too. I would say that I've had ths most success not at white only spots or black only spots but places that were more mixed, particular in DC.

Yes, DC is pretty darn segregated but not totally. Find places that have a healthy mixing to hang out at. Also going online may be spot as well. Plenty of guys that may have been a little gun shy in a public space (not knowing whether or not I'd be interested) were all about it online.

I understand you want the man to approach but because you are going after men that are outside the norm, you're gonna have to put yourself out there. You don't have to buy a guy a drink but perhaps just be the first to strike up a conversation or just give a cute boy the "eye".

Honestly DC is a great place to meet different men from different backgrounds. So you're in the perfect spot. Just keep putting yourself out there and don't forget to smile.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:22 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClyde View Post
I would say that I've seen a lot of BW/WM couples in DC. DC basically has every possible match-up.

If you hang out on U St. You see a lot of them. That is considered a "Black/Ethio" area.

Also. If you workout. On Saturday mornings at Whole Foods on 14/P. It's pretty much a meat market. I've seen a lot of IR Couples. It's pretty packed.

There are also plenty of Meetup Groups that are gear specifically for IR Dating. So honestly. It shouldn't be that hard to meet somebody.
Maybe I should check-out that location on my next Saturday morn shopping day. Thanks for the helpful info!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 AM

47 posts, read 99,692 times
Thanks guys! I'm going to look into those suggestions.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 AM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Yeah, definitely smile and show obvious interest towards the person. As a man, I can tell you it makes it a whole lot easier to know when a woman is interested. Not that I'm in the market for those things, but that's another issue. :-)

BTW, take it easy with the online thing. Once, there was this 15-year-old English girl who started chatting it up with me because we had common music interests. But then she got a cam and started to undress herself. I was like, whooooaaa little girl, I'm not looking to get onto dateline NBC tonight.

Man, that was a close call. Whew!

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 12-31-2010 at 10:15 AM..

Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 AM

18 posts, read 29,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yeah, definitely smile and show obvious interest towards the person. As a man, I can tell you it makes it a whole lot easier to know when a woman is interested. Not that I'm in the market for those things, but that's another issue. :-)

BTW, take it easy with the online thing. Once, there was this 15-year-old English girl who started chatting it up with me because we had common music interests. But then she got a cam and started to undress herself. I was like, whooooaaa little girl, I'm not looking to get onto dateline NBC tonight.

Man, that was a close call. Whew!
Yeah.. I'm not a big fan of online dating either. You never know what you're getting because people lie and often post outdated pictures or pictures that make them look better than they really look. Its like a resume for dating. Things are exaggrated or "tailored".

Its a last resort for me. I'll do just about anything else before online dating.. including approaching random women when I see them haha.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydlite View Post
I have, several times actually, and I was turned down. Besides, shouldn't the man approach anyway?
LOL. It must be dead.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,699,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydlite View Post
I am a black woman who is interested in and open to dating outside my race in the DC area. However, I am never approached by men that aren't black. How can I come off as a little more approachable to non-black men?

All of my boyfriends have been black, but I have yet to meet a black man in this area worth my time and I am expanding my options. I do not need a lecture about that, fyi. I also do not spend all of my time in places or participate in activities that only cater to black people.
If you'll read this thread again, you can send me a PM if you'd like. IR is where its at
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC