Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,944,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
Read below.

http://www.nalp.org/uploads/PressRel...essRelease.pdf

We are talking Big-Law firms that have platoons of attorneys and a big pit of revenue. Washington, DC has many Big Law offices spread through out the city. We aren't talking ambulance chasers or Father & Son law offices.
Were also talking about the young attorney majority. The people who even make those salaries are top students coming from top law schools which aren't the majority. Some young attorneys might be pulling in six figures, but that's not representative of the entire young attorney population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM

51 posts, read 80,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ anotherwords, not quite busting their butts and brains working 24/7, right?
Not entirely. Some elite law schools only give out a certain amount of As and B+s a particular class.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,460,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
All anecdotal. From conversations.
Shocker.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,517,629 times
IT types are going to make above average bank but unless you're a super-genius that can also sell yourself or rocket into management, you won't break six figures until your mid 30s. BS artists can shoot up and come back down to earth real quickly.

But yeah, most IT guys just have the undergrad debt, so that plays a role too.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lf3cbn View Post
Everyone knows to make six figures in DC you need to drop out of high school, get a job at BAH, and move to Hawaii.
Good one.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:41 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins101 View Post
Not entirely. Some elite law schools only give out a certain amount of As and B+s a particular class.
Do they grade on a curve or normal distribution? My business school did that.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,369,928 times
I remember back around 89/90 I was an intern in a DC Congressional office. They offered me a job as a legislative aide and press assistant. Writing constituent correspondence, news releases, and conducting legislative research. But it was very low pay so I declined, and returned to the Carolinas to work in the service industry. At the same time, a young man across the hall performed similar duties for a Congressman from Maryland. We worked together on legislative issues sometimes. He went on to work in the Clinton White House and is now the cohost of Good Morning America. I guess maybe I should have taken that Capitol Hill job afterall. So sometimes starting with a lower pay job may be necessary before leading to bigger and better things.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:39 PM

51 posts, read 80,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Do they grade on a curve or normal distribution? My business school did that.
Grade curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC