Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:16 PM

339 posts, read 837,073 times

Advertisements

How are you guys meeting DC girls outside of bars and clubs?

Is there a way to hack the social scene here?

I hear art galleries and adult education classes are good but i've never tried them.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco81 View Post
The good news to all of this is that dating DC women, flirting with and hitting on DC women is like practicing for a marathon while you are up in the Himalayas. Once you come down from that rigorous and stressful training everything / everywhere else is a piece of cake.
See, going against DC women and you are rewarded with cake. In other parts, not only will you be rewarded with a full course meal, but along the route you would have a few pits stops to sustain nourishment....

Old 10-07-2013, 05:33 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
But all jokes aside, the way I have found to get by is to have a heavy hand. I employ my old fashion ways and make sure that the women is cooking and meeting my needs as the women in my family have done for their boyfriends and husbands... If they can't conform, then I move on.

I mostly stick to the Spanish, French, Russians, and Serbians as I can relate to their culture having spent time in those areas. DC at lunch time is not for me at all...

Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post

I hear art galleries and adult education classes are good but i've never tried them.
You can meet women anywhere you find people. DC is crawling with people so.......

Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,866 times
you know who has the most awesome girls? NYC. You can talk to them, their open minded, absolutely beautiful, well educated both ways, smart, definitely want what they want, understand the fun of discount, understand the whole "anything is possible", but they never let their self get in front of amazing life experiences.

I've noticed that there is so much division in DC girls, that it's hard to find someone down to earth. They're so caught up in something that won't matter in few more years, with something that they rather not have in few more years. Nobody ever says anything amazing, or do anything amazing (and when I say this, I'm basically excluding all the amazing ladies that actually does amazing things and has the 'playing the game' as second nature".

Don't get me wrong. There are some beautiful, beautiful, smart, and amazingly strong and sexy woman in DC. But from my experience, there is this cheese of qualification that limits DC women from actually saying, "F&^% it" and going all the way in, just like how men in DC are. Men in DC does the same thing.

It's sort of half ass mix between SV/CA and NYC.

Don't get me wrong, I went to a 1st tier college, good job, etc, but that shouldn't dictate the relationship or it shouldn't dictate the relationship. I look like hobo every time I go out in DC, and I can't even have a conversation with a girl without actually telling them the truth. I usually tell girls I'm homeless, but I come off interesting enough.

So, super rich college girls, and guys that care about who they love do or where they went to school (what they drive), then you have girls in NYC that throw that whole thing away.

My penny worth of thought. If I'm wrong, you're probably right.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:08 AM

513 posts, read 961,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
you know who has the most awesome girls? NYC. You can talk to them, their open minded, absolutely beautiful, well educated both ways, smart, definitely want what they want, understand the fun of discount, understand the whole "anything is possible", but they never let their self get in front of amazing life experiences.

I've noticed that there is so much division in DC girls, that it's hard to find someone down to earth. They're so caught up in something that won't matter in few more years, with something that they rather not have in few more years. Nobody ever says anything amazing, or do anything amazing (and when I say this, I'm basically excluding all the amazing ladies that actually does amazing things and has the 'playing the game' as second nature".

Don't get me wrong. There are some beautiful, beautiful, smart, and amazingly strong and sexy woman in DC. But from my experience, there is this cheese of qualification that limits DC women from actually saying, "F&^% it" and going all the way in, just like how men in DC are. Men in DC does the same thing.

It's sort of half ass mix between SV/CA and NYC.

Don't get me wrong, I went to a 1st tier college, good job, etc, but that shouldn't dictate the relationship or it shouldn't dictate the relationship. I look like hobo every time I go out in DC, and I can't even have a conversation with a girl without actually telling them the truth. I usually tell girls I'm homeless, but I come off interesting enough.

So, super rich college girls, and guys that care about who they love do or where they went to school (what they drive), then you have girls in NYC that throw that whole thing away.

My penny worth of thought. If I'm wrong, you're probably right.
Those same high society girls from DC are in NYC also. And would not talk to you if were not in their circle of friends or social group. I suppose you mean the quantity and different type of NYC girls makes some easier to talk to in NYC. If you look like Hobo and approached the same NYC girls they would run also.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 AM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
Quote:

in regular everyday places? There are grocery stores all over DC (have you never been to the whole foods on 15 & P?), coffee shops all over DC, women waiting at pedestrian traffic lights to cross the street all over DC. Next time you see one you like just try a simple "hi how are you"

Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
in regular everyday places? There are grocery stores all over DC (have you never been to the whole foods on 15 & P?), coffee shops all over DC, women waiting at pedestrian traffic lights to cross the street all over DC. Next time you see one you like just try a simple "hi how are you"
and don't be surprised if she doesn't acknowledge you...That was my first "welcome to dc" moment

Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
^ smh right? those chics are oblivious.
it's a very dehumanizing experience
after 1000 times trying to talk to some
of them, and getting ignored like you're
not alive.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,629,739 times
Quote:

Bars and clubs are big mistakes. They are usually full of guys and 99% of women have their wall up. Plus, a lot of them like to get dolled up and enjoy the attention and free drinks that come their way with no intention of it going any further. Meetup events are good if they're big happy hour events. Plus, Meetup has a ton of different kinds of groups. I meet people through friends as well. If you're looking to explore outside of your circle though I've had luck with Meetup, International Club, and embassy events that are posted on Things To Do DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC