Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 PM

1,797 posts, read 3,650,436 times

Advertisements

I think I was still in my honeymoon phase to a degree and I was more interested in one night stands than a long-term relationship. Truth be told I started doing online dating and going out to bars more often, and let's face it, the quality of women using these mediums sucks. Yesterday some woman chatted me up randomly in a parking lot which I loved. She was attractive and went out of her way to chat. It seems as when you're not looking is when things come together.

I've learned that DC is a great place for one night stands but awful for dating when it comes to long-term potential. Plus, the women I meet outside of DC are usually more relationship minded without the ridiculously high standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 11:07 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,761,342 times
Oh wait.

I figured it out.

All of the hot women is in either the South, or Colorado, or California. Everyone is dried up in DC.

I've met more interesting ladies in NYC one night bar hopping then 5 years in DC.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:35 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,321,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I know this has been brought up many times in this forum. The dating scene in DC is absolutely horrible. I know so many smart, pretty women that would be able to find someone in another city but they live in DC. They have tried online dating, blind dates, and anything else that you can think of but have not been able to find anyone. The men are so status and money oriented. It seems like if you don't have a great job with power and status then forget about finding anyone decent. Has anyone else experienced the horrible dating scene in DC?
I think that's generally the norm throughout the world.

The older the man gets, the wider their dating pool. The older a woman gets, the smaller her dating pool.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 AM

1,261 posts, read 702,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think that's generally the norm throughout the world.

The older the man gets, the wider their dating pool. The older a woman gets, the smaller her dating pool.
Its the same with actresses.....its still a man's world, hate to say that.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 PM

708 posts, read 1,208,063 times
I think going out for yourself, and enjoying yourself is the first and best way to start. How many people in the bar have their "cool" on - and are too cool to do anything. Dating is tough, but its tough because we make it so. If you go out and don't have any expectations and merely do it to have a good time, as long as you are accomplishing that goal - there wont be disappointment.

You go to the gym to work out, not to shop for food. If you go to the gym for 10 years and never trip over a frozen turkey are you disappointed in life? NO - you are happy because you are getting your workout on. Set the bar low - go get drunk and make friends or party to music - the rest will come.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:49 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,800,530 times
Not just DC. Women generally speaking should focus on getting married during their prime years b4 she hit the age of 30.After 30 generally speaking things start going downhill for women plus those same women are competing against women in their 20s

Old 12-23-2014, 06:58 AM

Plus women lovvvve going to a bar with 7 of their girlfriends and stand next to them the entire night. This is so stupid.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:33 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,443,361 times
^ That's pitiful but it is even worse when guys do it too. I wouldn't waste my time and money at a dumb bar for that. Hopefully at least two women would look my way. Otherwise, wth is the use going out?

Old 12-23-2014, 09:48 AM

From a traditional point of view it would make sense not to be around your friends if you want men to approach you since generally speaking most men approach women

Old 12-23-2014, 12:26 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,949,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ That's pitiful but it is even worse when guys do it too. I wouldn't waste my time and money at a dumb bar for that. Hopefully at least two women would look my way. Otherwise, wth is the use going out?
To have a good time with your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: