Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 01:37 PM

814 posts, read 911,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
I would not touch anyone that had been married 3 times. That tells you a little something about the person bottom line up front!

Unless it's 2 dead husbands and a divorce, but what would that tell you?
She was married once, then met me while no longer married. She was used to scumbags, I was not any of those, I dont smoke cigarettes, never went down the drug path thank goodness, I dont even drink alcohol.

Anyways when I no longer suited her wants or needs it was bye bye and she married 3 additional time, not sure why all I know is when I met my wife I managed 23 years together and counting.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:55 PM

850 posts, read 1,132,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
She was married once, then met me while no longer married. She was used to scumbags, I was not any of those, I dont smoke cigarettes, never went down the drug path thank goodness, I dont even drink alcohol.

Anyways when I no longer suited her wants or needs it was bye bye and she married 3 additional time, not sure why all I know is when I met my wife I managed 23 years together and counting.
OK that's different.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
People get divorced cause they have given up too easily. Most marriages end over dumb things that could be resolved. Couples have to want it though, it takes 2 to make it work but only 1 to screw it up.

June 16th will be 23 years for us and we got married young, in a courthouse, with 200 bucks to our name, we had no children at that time.
I would have to agree with this. People today give up on relationships way too fast and usually for idiotic reasons.

Quote:
Now we have money, a nice home out in rural Virginia and even own a German car, our incomes easily clear over 100k. but you wanna know something? We come from blue-collar roots and will never look down upon someone or think we're above anything. It's because of those blue-collar roots that we wound up successful years later. We also value family and traditions.

Todays generation is way different and this whole idea of progressive liberalism , anti-American traditions, I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong but they surely arent for me.
"Anti-American" is a tricky term because America is a mixing pot and was founded on freedom of religion and freedom in general. So when you have freedom.. you have variety. Which means there is no one "American culture" or "American identity".

So when conservatives say they support "American values" they are full of crap. There is no such thing. Freedom means people can live by their own values.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:50 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,428,277 times
Quote:
The 50% divorce rate says otherwise.
Interestingly enough, I just heard Dr. Phil "Not My First Time At The Rodeo" McGraw expressed, that those divorce percentages in the US lingering at 50% is totally inaccurate. He said, "it's more like between 32-35% of marriages that end in divorce (US). Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
The 50% divorce rate says otherwise.

There is a reason a lot of people are avoiding marriage and commitment. It is not a random or knee-jerk decision. Most have thought long and hard about it. You may not agree with them, but that does not make their choice wrong.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:51 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,428,277 times
Quote:
So when conservatives say they support "American values" they are full of crap
*What's wrong with supporting "American values?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
I would have to agree with this. People today give up on relationships way too fast and usually for idiotic reasons.

"Anti-American" is a tricky term because America is a mixing pot and was founded on freedom of religion and freedom in general. So when you have freedom.. you have variety. Which means there is no one "American culture" or "American identity".

So when conservatives say they support "American values" they are full of crap. There is no such thing. Freedom means people can live by their own values.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
Ok, enough is enough. This thread turning into the old "con vs lib" fight, again, is the perfect indication it's been around long enough.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: