Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,429,272 times

Advertisements

Muffy1,

I somewhat feel sorry for you and the women of your kind, because, many of you are not looking at certain dynamics when discussing topics like dating/marriage. You're trying to place this problem on the shoulders of male species on what they lack as men in contemporary society, ultimately trying to question manhood at its core, yadayada ying yang and etc.

Quote:
It is rough out there!!
*Many of ya'll make it rough on yourselves with your pervasive and bitter attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
DC just doesn't have many options for women. The ratio of females to males is 1069 to 1000 which is really bad. I don't think women in DC are selective but just protecting themselves. It is rough out there!! The bad attitude comes from dating so many jerks from blue collar to white collar. Having been told that a size 6 is too fat and my degree from a state school is beneath the guy so it isn't only women. Believe me, I have met many, many men in DC who care about looks but also educational level, educational institution, job title and the list goes on.

By the way, I have dated blue collar guys but the problem is the ones that I have dated think office workers party at work. They think it is like a tv show however I am not sure which one. They also have no problem with spending all my money because they think white collar means you are rich. I have dated professional men such as doctors and lawyers that expect me to pay for everything and drive to where they are all the time so men do the same thing. I don't think dating would be so bad if the ratios were better. For example if you go to a bar and there are 20 guys and 10 women think about how brutal it would be!! That is DC dating for women but ALL the time!!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:27 PM

135 posts, read 145,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
For most night life on a Friday or Saturday night the ratio is in women's favor. I've come to so many sausage fests on weekend nights its not funny. I'm talking 15 men for every 5 women.

Even if there are more women in DC than men.. there are way more men out on a weekend night "hunting" than women.

Perhaps you were at a gay club because there are always more women than men at the lounges clubs that I go to.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:40 PM

417 posts, read 594,910 times
Quote:
Believe me, I have met many, many men in DC who care about looks but also educational level, educational institution, job title and the list goes on.

*LOL! What is wrong with this selection criteria?! People want what they want!

That is a such a double standard. Why can't women have selection criteria!! When a woman says that she is too picky!!

Old 01-22-2016, 12:57 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Quote:
Believe me, I have met many, many men in DC who care about looks but also educational level, educational institution, job title and the list goes on. When a woman says that she is too picky!!
Cause if it weren't the case, you wouldn't be fighting everyone's battle. You would have hung on to one of those many, good looking, and educational men.

Again, I will say this again- this is where the master's degree fails on social understanding. What men think of women is our business and our perception based on our interactions, which is based on both previous and current social conditioning. This has nothing to do with you as a woman to decide or attempt to alter. The dynamics today, especially in DC, are different because men haven't had to change. Women have had to step up and are now competiting with men. However, the social texture here has conditioned men but in reality, if all he is stuck with is a woman that is all about work and has no clue about how to keep a home, relationships don't last. I am sure you know that DC is NOT the best for long term commitments. "Go and find yourself a wholesome woman or man" has been around a while. DC isn't about wholesome- it's about selfsome.

You have to remember that halfamazing is always watching.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:05 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
And listen, I am the master at reading people. And you are the same type to be a back seat driver and complaining about other drivers, always gossiping about the neighbors, and can't have a sit down meal without you talking about the people at nearby table.

Men have our senses just as women do. We decide how we perceive. You can fight and say you don't do the above but 1, it's true. And 2, it's my perception.

It's the same thing as if a woman has been writing on forums but you can't tell whether she is male or female. That's a problem. The fem boys won't have a problem with that because they love submission.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:21 PM

417 posts, read 594,910 times
Even this article says DC has more single women than men!!

Where The Single People Are: America's Best Neighborhoods For Finding a Date - Forbes

Forbes Welcome

Old 01-22-2016, 02:53 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth2power202 View Post
Perhaps you were at a gay club because there are always more women than men at the lounges clubs that I go to.
Yeah? You are the first person I've met in the entire DC area to ever say that. I'll need examples. What are these lounges and clubs you speak of?

Old 01-22-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Cause if it weren't the case, you wouldn't be fighting everyone's battle. You would have hung on to one of those many, good looking, and educational men.

Again, I will say this again- this is where the master's degree fails on social understanding. What men think of women is our business and our perception based on our interactions, which is based on both previous and current social conditioning. This has nothing to do with you as a woman to decide or attempt to alter. The dynamics today, especially in DC, are different because men haven't had to change. Women have had to step up and are now competiting with men. However, the social texture here has conditioned men but in reality, if all he is stuck with is a woman that is all about work and has no clue about how to keep a home, relationships don't last. I am sure you know that DC is NOT the best for long term commitments. "Go and find yourself a wholesome woman or man" has been around a while. DC isn't about wholesome- it's about selfsome.

You have to remember that halfamazing is always watching.
Agree.

And the bottom line is.. Type-A personalities are just not attractive on women. Period.

Even when a woman is gorgeous.. I'll be instantly turned off if she has a Type-A personality. Romantic relationships (at least for most men) are a place for comfort and relaxation after working hard all day/week. Its not where we go for more drama, stress and competition. I deal with enough of that at work.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Agree.

And the bottom line is.. Type-A personalities are just not attractive on women. Period.

Even when a woman is gorgeous.. I'll be instantly turned off if she has a Type-A personality. Romantic relationships (at least for most men) are a place for comfort and relaxation after working hard all day/week. Its not where we go for more drama, stress and competition. I deal with enough of that at work.
Do you think most men share this sentiment? It seems counterintuitive at first, but seems to be a fairly common view especially amongst men who are established in their careers.

You may enjoy these two links. I found the 2nd one a particularly good read.

https://dontmarrycareerwomen.wordpress.com

https://dontmarry.wordpress.com/2009...rible-blunder/

Old 01-24-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Do you think most men share this sentiment? It seems counterintuitive at first, but seems to be a fairly common view especially amongst men who are established in their careers.

You may enjoy these two links. I found the 2nd one a particularly good read.

https://dontmarrycareerwomen.wordpress.com

https://dontmarry.wordpress.com/2009...rible-blunder/
I think most men do. Some are more open about it than others.

But from my experience.. most men don't like Type-A females. At least not for marriage or any type of serious relationship. As I said.. too much drama, head games, and competition.. which is not what romantic relationships should be about.

There is a segment of the female population that simply cannot (or will not) turn off their aggressive, busybody "at work" personality. Its not attractive.

Those links you posted are a whole new conversation. Marriage and divorce laws do favor women in most cases. And women do initiate the majority of divorces. Not really a great selling point for marriage if you are a man because it makes it look high risk and low reward.

Which is why I asked the OP earlier in this thread to explain to me WHY men should live up to her expectations. Which she still has not replied lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: