Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 09:21 AM

417 posts, read 594,042 times

Advertisements

I think this applies to the DMV area as well. Dating is the hunger games especially in DMV area and being a straight woman in her late, late 30s and early 40s. I can't stand when married people who got married in their 20s try to give me dating advice!! Please you have been married forever!!

Why Dating in Manhattan Is Like Being in 'The Hunger Games'

Why Dating in Manhattan Is Like Being in 'The Hunger Games'*|*Jamie Silverman

Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 AM

Typical DC, I met a guy who is in his mid-50s dating a woman in her early 30s and he is unemployed!!!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:51 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I think this applies to the DMV area as well. Dating is the hunger games especially in DMV area and being a straight woman in her late, late 30s and early 40s. I can't stand when married people who got married in their 20s try to give me dating advice!! Please you have been married forever!!

"Finally, just like in The Hunger Games, and the Darwinian theories that preceded it, only the strongest will survive the challenge of dating. The competition is fierce and only a small percentage will come out victorious. But even these victors will not escape unscathed".

WTF? Darwinian, strongest survive? Anybody can put up a blog nowadays and spew nonsense. It's no wonder... Instead of writing a blog so that the average person can understand, she has to use all types of girgling metaphors and compares a dating scene to the hunger games, which is very well liked and followed by the young gentrified she speaks of. This is a kiddies article.

This article only relates to her kiddie demographic- hence the "silverman" last name. The Ricans, Italians, Dominicans, and Irish have no issues within the buroughs. I'm there once a month. Just like DC, shes prolly has no car and or is limited to her own space and does't travel beyond her whole foods on E Houston St.....

DC has it's own issues and this article has nothing in common. See, I can defend DC when need be.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Typical DC, I met a guy who is in his mid-50s dating a woman in her early 30s and he is unemployed!!!
At this point you are way past showing your cards. I really had hopes in supporting your argument but you really don't know when to quit. Imagine we at dinner and you would keep on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on.

It's really unladylike and outright a massive turn off. But guess what, you have been conformed and have turned into one of them. It's a wrap and there is no turning back.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:29 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,340 times
Quote:

"Late 30's and early 40's" = old. It's not a hunger game. I know plenty of good man in their 40's and they date people with out drama, or some crazy "Blaming Game."

And don't mention to guy's about what you read on, "Huffington Post." That's not real anything.

But I do agree that married people tend to give non-married people tons of advise. As if our choice to be single, and our previous history that they don't know means that we're not proper. Yet, little did they know, all of my friends and all of 90% of the people I know who got married in their early 20's are divorced twice now. At 25 with a child, or two, then remarried at 26, then divorced again with a child at 32.

They pay $1,200 a month for each child.

Yup. Don't stick it in crazy.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,640 times
Quote:
Do you want to date an unemployed man in his mid-50s? Because I'm in my late 40s and I sure as heck don't.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 PM

The point I am making is, it is really easy for guys to find someone in DC because the ratio is so skewed. Guys in DC think they are awesome but they get so many dates because of the skewed ratio. If there were equal numbers of females and males the majority wouldn't get so many dates or married and be OLD sites looking for side kicks and I hate to say this but a lot of women in DC know they are dating married men and a lot of their wives know these guys are cheating on them but women stay because they have no options. There are just so few decent men. If there were more men than women you wouldn't see guys complaining how all the women they meet have issues because they know there options are limited. I know what I am saying will make people upset but the numbers don't lie and neither does biology.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:14 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,260,171 times
Lol where are you going to live when females out number men everywhere? Try small Richmond where all the men are the same as you're complaining about without the charm or decent career/education. Please name this magic place where the decent - good men out number the women so I can follow you there.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:46 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,170 times
Quote:
The point I am making is, it is really easy for guys to find someone in DC because the ratio is so skewed. Guys in DC think they are awesome but they get so many dates because of the skewed ratio. If there were equal numbers of females and males the majority wouldn't get so many dates or married and be OLD sites looking for side kicks and I hate to say this but a lot of women in DC know they are dating married men and a lot of their wives know these guys are cheating on them but women stay because they have no options. There are just so few decent men. If there were more men than women you wouldn't see guys complaining how all the women they meet have issues because they know there options are limited. I know what I am saying will make people upset but the numbers don't lie and neither does biology.
I have yet to hear it is easy for guys in DC other than the random hookup. Most guys I know complain about how women in this city play mind games whether it be ignoring them, acting weird, etc. And honestly, its not an issue in DC, its society in general. Online dating has a lot to do with these problems in my opinion. Women (especially attractive ones) get absolutely bombarded with e-mails online. It gives them the mindset that there is always something better and they have no issue dating multiple men for a free drink and an ego boost. In a city like DC where it is expensive and filled with white collared professionals who are highly educated I don't know where you see all these unemployed and/or married men cleaning up. The fact of the matter is that you're bitter. You're in your 40's and peaked a long time ago. The problem isn't us men, it's you specifically. At your age you're most likely set in your ways and don't want to compromise on things you're looking for in a partner. If a guy doesn't fit a certain mold you dismiss him or ignore him completely. Chances are you're never going to change since you're in your 40's.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
The point I am making is, it is really easy for guys to find someone in DC because the ratio is so skewed. Guys in DC think they are awesome but they get so many dates because of the skewed ratio.
The point that I am trying to make is that "easy" is very subjective and limited to those that jive with DC. This goes for BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. People are not just about looks. I don't care how good you look or what kind of job you have, if you don't relate on a deep and cultural level, you will not last long. This is why all these ethnic/racial groups assimilate with their own. It's starts off with features then it goes down to culture and deeper than that into social demographic. You hang out in places where like minded hang out. I wouldn't hang out with most of the people on DC C-D (except a few cool cats) because to me and based on my OWN personal experience, its either that you don't know whether they are coming or going, you think they male but turns out they are the female and vice versa , miserable, self absorbed, classist people that only talk about the economy, finance, history, and city structural zoning. There is a lot of unbalanced masculine/feminie energy in this city because everyone is fighting for the top. This is what I do all day every day in various social settings- from sports, nightlife, law enforcement, healthcare, federal, military, I belong to each and every one of these groups. I think I have a good grasp on social dynamic.

And when you go out, and I am out every weeked, along with my 9-5, there is no escaping this only when I venture out a bit further south. But still, you still feel the DC energy because everyone works in the city.

This is what dudes have to deal with. She says: "it's hard to take somebody seriously when the farthest they've been is Puerto Rico".. Yeah, this is classist/douchey behavior than most men don't want to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFz4QY1hb_A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: