Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapetiteruse View Post
You realize this goes both ways, right? "you're the woman, go do the laundry, cook dinner, blah, blah, blah."

Saw a meme the other day that fits this.

Picutre it: 20ish man in kitchen at stove cooking.

At the top: "men cooking..."

at the bottom: (crossed out with a big fat NOPE written across it) "because the last generation o mothers didn't teach their daughters ****"

The text box added in the middle: "Men cooking because you're living f*cking beings who need to learn how to make your own d*mn food and not rest on thousands of years of oppression of women to justify why you can't take care of yourself."

That meme kind of made my week.
And if a man grew up with his mother cooking from a recipe cook book handed down for generations on end, and every time you go to xmas dinner you are munching on his mother's chicken bones, and all you can cook is macaroni, how do you fit in his world? What are you doing for him? And here is what you are not getting- of course we know it's all a good joke but the more women post these things, the more they show their cards. Women ain't looking at you- men are. Us men are the perceivers, not women. Although we may be conditioned over the years, you can't remove our genetic code that has been engrained in us for many years. Women have had to step up their game and gain equality, not men. We are not fighting for anything but yet you want us to change?

Chriz said just like steve harvey says here with these women that have 43 point lists- "women are not willing to do for men as they want men to do for them"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSq4RPWfrz8

Old 11-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Also, I am going to say that having been brought up in a multi-cultural setting and having lived, dated, and traveled overseas for many years, America is losing its culture. I don't have these conversations with brazilian, european, or latin women. Only in america do we have these conversations. And I have dated successful women in eastern europe that know how to treat a man. So when you are exposed to that and having lived in miami for 10 years, and I come to DC where the marriage rate is low and everyone wants out in a few years, it's a true culture shock...

But it goes to show and I literally just thought about this- I don't generally date american women because there is nothing in common culturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn8JQ71JHp4

Old 11-04-2015, 04:32 PM

88 posts, read 116,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And if a man grew up with his mother cooking from a recipe cook book handed down for generations on end, and every time you go to xmas dinner you are munching on his mother's chicken bones, and all you can cook is macaroni, how do you fit in his world?
actually, I make gumbo from scratch, bake award-winning desserts and probably have better recipes than moms... but I'll gladly learn how to make her jerk chicken b/c that's one family recipe I don't have.

I agree with the overall assessment that it is the balance that is missing from many careerists - the home skills that make you human. I'm just saying I'm not one of those. I'm a southern raised homemaker who just so happens to have a successful career. I also don't take work home. I don't even look at my BB after hours unless I'm expecting something absolutely essential. WHAT? I know, I so don't fit in here.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:39 PM

88 posts, read 116,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
OMG lololololololol - Those women are dayum crazy. who in the world makes a 43 point list of requirements?????

Old 11-04-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapetiteruse View Post
actually, I make gumbo from scratch, bake award-winning desserts and probably have better recipes than moms... but I'll gladly learn how to make her jerk chicken b/c that's one family recipe I don't have.

I agree with the overall assessment that it is the balance that is missing from many careerists - the home skills that make you human. I'm just saying I'm not one of those. I'm a southern raised homemaker who just so happens to have a successful career. I also don't take work home. I don't even look at my BB after hours unless I'm expecting something absolutely essential. WHAT? I know, I so don't fit in here.

No, you are doing quite well. You were showing your hard cards a bit, that's all. We all do it sometimes. But unlike many, you know when to shut it off. That is not the case for many career types.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:54 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,456 times
I come back few months later, you guys are still arguing about something utterly pointless. I love it!

Foreign women are great. They're like us. They can be tough, strong, and idealistic (and most of the time, smarter than guys), but they never let us guy's forget that they're woman. It's a very subtle things they do, and I think it's a lost art.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:12 PM

417 posts, read 594,910 times
The guys on this thread are so typical of DC. I don't think you know what you want and if you do she doesn't exist. You all are saying you want a woman that cooks and cleans BUT is a careerist BUT she has to be balanced and always put you first BUT she can't be a doormat. Also while she is cooking, cleaning, tending to your every need she should workout everyday to maintain her size 2 figure. Basically a woman in DC has to be a cook in the kitchen, a lady in the parlor and a ***** in the bedroom. You want us to do all this in a day.

My day starts at 4 AM so I can get to work by 7:30. I am in traffic for at least an hour one way so 2.5 hrs of my day is in traffic. By the time I get home i am beat. Life is expensive for a single person in DC and to make ends meet I have to work hard. Don't you all live in the same city. Maybe you are all just fortunate and have alot of time on your hands. Ladies like I said don't move here if you don't have to. It's expensive and the traffic is insane. People are transient so making real friends is difficult. People are cold and rude but people for some reason want to be hard. I wish I could tell my 20 something self to avoid this place like the plague. I am now in my early 40s single, childless and working with mean people. It's great in your 20s but i have too much invested here. There are too few men here and the ones that are available want the perfect woman or more than likely they are gay.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
The guys on this thread are so typical of DC. I don't think you know what you want and if you do she doesn't exist. You all are saying you want a woman that cooks and cleans BUT is a careerist BUT she has to be balanced and always put you first BUT she can't be a doormat. Also while she is cooking, cleaning, tending to your every need she should workout everyday to maintain her size 2 figure. Basically a woman in DC has to be a cook in the kitchen, a lady in the parlor and a ***** in the bedroom. You want us to do all this in a day.

My day starts at 4 AM so I can get to work by 7:30. I am in traffic for at least an hour one way so 2.5 hrs of my day is in traffic. By the time I get home i am beat. Life is expensive for a single person in DC and to make ends meet I have to work hard. Don't you all live in the same city. Maybe you are all just fortunate and have alot of time on your hands. Ladies like I said don't move here if you don't have to. It's expensive and the traffic is insane. People are transient so making real friends is difficult. People are cold and rude but people for some reason want to be hard. I wish I could tell my 20 something self to avoid this place like the plague. I am now in my early 40s single, childless and working with mean people. It's great in your 20s but i have too much invested here. There are too few men here and the ones that are available want the perfect woman or more than likely they are gay.
I'm just not buying it. You are just too over the top to be believable. Sure, DC might have a culture problem, but there are still lots of great people living here.

A lot of your "problems" have simple solutions:

Traffic = Move closer to work or find a job closer to home.
Bad culture fit at work = Look for a new job (trust me it makes all the difference. I changed companies last year and its like night and day. Some of my friends have had similar experiences. YOU CANNOT BLAME THE CITY FOR YOUR CRAPPY JOB).
Stuff is Expensive = Either live a more simple lifestyle or raise your income. When I first moved to DC I was making $38K a year. And even on that I was able to pay my bills and save money. Be smarter with how you spend. Do you NEED cable TV? Do you NEED new clothes? Ask yourself these questions.

But most important of all.. TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY. Because as long as all your problems are someone else's fault (DC, Men, your employer, etc.) you will never fix any of your problems.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,631,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post

Honestly, everyone needs to stop overanalyzing on here. You know what we all want? Very simple. Someone that first off stimulates us physically and this goes for both men and women. After that, someone who stimulates us mentally.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Honestly, everyone needs to stop overanalyzing on here. You know what we all want? Very simple. Someone that first off stimulates us physically and this goes for both men and women. After that, someone who stimulates us mentally.
Simple...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: