Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 04:55 AM

417 posts, read 594,910 times

Advertisements

If you are a single woman and nice to a man they assume you want to have sex with them. I encounter this everyday so it goes both ways. Men make it a point to tell me they have a girlfriend or wife all the time even when I have given no indication that I am interested. Honestly I think it is insulting. Just because I am single doesn't mean I want every man I meet. Women that are married or have boyfriends can flirt with whoever they want because they are married or have a boyfriend. Actually they are usually the most flirtatious but they can get away with it whereas because I am single it is assumed i want to sleep with them.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:04 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
You must be giving out some sort of signals then. I dont think Ive ever had a man make it a point to tell me they have a girlfriend or wife. Ever. So you are apparently making men set their boundaries immediately with you.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:05 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
If you are a single woman and nice to a man they assume you want to have sex with them. I encounter this everyday so it goes both ways. Men make it a point to tell me they have a girlfriend or wife all the time even when I have given no indication that I am interested. Honestly I think it is insulting. Just because I am single doesn't mean I want every man I meet. Women that are married or have boyfriends can flirt with whoever they want because they are married or have a boyfriend. Actually they are usually the most flirtatious but they can get away with it whereas because I am single it is assumed i want to sleep with them.
I really have no idea where you are going with this. I am not trying to insult you but you seem to be all over the place here and not keeping in line with your previous assumption that we are players.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
So let me clarify, you go out with women and probably are intimate and not call for a while and wonder why she is "inconsistent." You like to "check up on them" If a guy called out of the blue to check up on me I would assume he wants a booty call and is bored. Obviously this woman wasn't important enough to make the effort to call consistently. Chriz Brown and half amazing, you are the players. You are projecting what your feelings onto these women. If there were more men in DC you would not be able to play this game. Since DC(douchbag city) you get away with it,
You are making a huge mistake based on your own personal experiences. I have told you before that you should not do this because it is blatantly obvious. I would like for you to please show me where and when did I wrote that I was intimate with these women? I would stop there but I want to apply a bit more pressure- is that ok?

Me chatting up women up simply means that we meet and talk on the spot just like I would meet a man at a venue. We chat up. We exchange numbers if I feel there is something interesting about the person (not necessarily intimacy related) but at this point it isn’t anything but a mutual exchange. Yes, we may flirt here and there as it is natural. If we hit off in the future fine. But I am not looking for a relationship at this point in my life but at the same time I will continue to be a man. And so if I feel that as a man she isn't able to provide me the attention and care that I need from a female counterpart outside of work, I will not be as consistent. It’s human nature- we are not robots. Same with a man- if he is too aggressive or is immature, I will not hang with him. Now, at this time she doesn't know this and there is NO EXPECTATION and therefore I don't owe her to defuse anything. Now if I call, it is the same as if I am calling a male counterpart that I haven't spoken to in a few weeks. I am not expecting him to blow me up for not being "consistent". But often, women in general do this- not only in DC. For example, I have a friend who lives in Miami that I haven’t called since moved. If I call him today, he won’t blow up my phone. Nor will it be considered a “booty call”.

You thinking that by me calling back is me being bored or a BC is truly another false assumption on your part. Sure, I am a man and in pursuit but it is with discipline. I am again sending out feelers. If I don't receive what I want, I will no longer pursue. But meanwhile, if the woman hasn't made any effort and is upset that I have waited so long to call, I will then feel a certain sense of ENTITLEMENT of at which point she is never to hear from me again.

Muffy1, with all your hangups and assumptions, you would most likely impose them on to me. They are actually quite noticeable in your every post. Unless you are different in person, I would pick up on it quickly. But it doesn't mean we couldn't be associates. See, there is a difference.

Last edited by halfamazing; 10-16-2015 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-16-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Also, another issue that you have is that you don't know men of a certain age. Now, it is assumption on my part (surprise, surprise) but there is no indication in your posts that you truly understand the differences btwn a 19 yr and over 30.

Men of a certain age no longer chase. We don't call women just for the sake of "being consistent". We don't have time for that. It's a natural development. If a woman has what it takes, if she can be friendly, send off feminine vibes, looks good and or takes care of herself, not be a pesky brat, then we will be there. Unlike 19 year olds, we won't be chasing you every day. Now as time goes by, it becomes more 2nd nature. But at first, a week or even 2 can go by before we INITIATE, especially if there is no expectation of intimacy. But it doesn't mean we won't RESPOND. Unfortunately, women are often waiting by the phone or EXPECTING for men to be the only ones to call. We are busy with our lives. We may or may not have children and owe it to them to be responsible and not bring just anyone to the house. We are traveling and don't have time for long goodbyes. At the same time, we are men and it doesn’t mean will not go out and enjoy the presence of the opposite.

But you really come across as if you have a lot of hang ups and you wear it on your sleeves.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:03 AM

943 posts, read 782,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Andre Betancourt View Post
As a gay man, I read this entire thread for simple amusement. But now, I'm compelled to post a few comments as a resident of the District. For starters, the OP is insane. Why? Because I am consistently confused by the number of below-average women in DC I see dating or married to average to above-average men. This is a common sight. Go to Target, the movies, the mall, the gym, restaurants, on and on...

When I see this combo, I always assume two things: 1) She is really smart with a good salary; and 2) He is straight, and is willing to claim just about any "magic box" as his own. Basically, it appears that the number of straight men in DC far exceeds the number of available women here. When I see some of these mismatched couples, and imagine the men taking these women home to meet their families and friends, I bet the families and friends are left thinking "WTF?"

So, the OP's claim that women need to be a size 2 and all that other hogwash is insane. DC is the only place in America where a gay man can breathe a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to worry about dating the homely array of women here. DC is also the only place in America where even homely, dumpy, women can be prized possessions. Actually, in that scenario that I mentioned above, I bet DC women take men home and their friends and family must think "Wow, he's so dreamy. How did you get him?"
You sound bitter and jealous. And also sexist.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:17 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,531,569 times
Muffy, where are you meeting these guys? Expecting to meet your future husband at the club/bar usually doesn't work out well.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
You sound bitter and jealous. And also sexist.
Well, one can argue that gay men have a more dynamic perspective being that they are more "in touch" with their feminine side. So there outlook is much different than that of the hetero. That is if you really think about it.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:26 AM

943 posts, read 782,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Well, one can argue that gay men have a more dynamic perspective being that they are more "in touch" with their feminine side. So there outlook is much different than that of the hetero. That is if you really think about it.
What do you mean by dynamic? Either way, he wouldn't be able to remain unbiased in weighing in if a female is more attractive then her boyfriend/husband since he isn't even attracted to women. Naturally he would think the man is better looking.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I've learned the best way to meet women out and about at happy hour, events, etc. is to have hot female friends. When you surround yourself with hot women other women take note and your friends will wingman for you making them much better than men. Women on this forum may not admit it but its the truth.
I think it's probably a bad sign when men discuss meeting a woman in the same terms they might use to describe taking out a German machine gun nest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: