Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 11:38 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,428,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Men in their 40s can easily find a woman in her 20s.
*Yup! We don't need you old hags anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Single women do yourselves a favor and don't move here unless you are a size 2, look like a model, and are a genius who is funny and charming. Basically you need to be perfect to find anyone here. Men have their pick, especially if they are employed. Men in their 40s can easily find a woman in her 20s. Yes, posters will tell you they date but what does that mean. One or 2 dates, they get intimate and the guy doesn't call and then onto the next one!

Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM

417 posts, read 594,810 times
Only in DC would this happen. As I said before not enough men.

Police Seek Twerkers Accused Of Sexual Assault

Old 11-10-2015, 07:33 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:

There are plenty of men. Just not the ones you feel entitled to.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:08 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,492 times
Quote:
Only in DC would this happen.
Obviously, you've never been to Beaverton, Oregon.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:23 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Quote:

The woman arrested so far is from Las Vegas..... now what's your next excuse/bad reasoning?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:48 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
*Yup! We don't need you old hags anymore.

LOL what 20 year old wants an old fart? You better be a multi-millionaire, otherwise, you're a dirty old man.
I know, I was a 20 year old woman once too

Old 11-13-2015, 10:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,818 times
Quote:

Muffy, the background on that story is those girls were prostitutes and they were trying to scam that guy out of money, they were creating a diversion to try to steal money out of his pocket, and if that failed, they wanted him to pay for sex

Old 11-19-2015, 01:00 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,723 times
This is my recent experience with someone from Tinder in the area. I really hate this faux corporate jargon that people can never shut off. It's not DC specific but it heck happens all too often here. It's irritating and is totally inauthentic. But for some reason after meeting someone on tinder, I decided to take another chance. Her profile starts with "I am an educated, self-sufficient, and driven young woman..... and ends of with my ideal mate will be similarly educated and passionate". I sort of joked with her regarding her corporate talk and here is how she responded:
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with crystal clear communication formal or otherwise. Don't be putt off by my line of questioning. Inquiry denotes interest and/or curiosity. With that being said, what is your racial make-up? Have you dated a black woman before?
So you see, despite me causally stating the above, along with other things I have mentioned, obviously but not too harshly, that she needs to talk to me like a regular person, I already know that she will not shut it off. She has the inability to read on cues; it just goes totally over her head. It has nothing to do with me being intimidated but from a cultural stand point, I am not looking for a women that has it all. I like being a provider and working hard for my women.

It's always about pulling out your degree credentials and telling everyone how educated you are. They just don't get it... But here is the thing, to most DC folk, it's totally ok. But for people that are not like this 24/7 it is really annoying. I can't speak the same way to my military friends in the same way I do when at a meeting on the Hill. It's common sense.... I really don't know, not cool at all.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 AM

117 posts, read 257,722 times
This is good news for me Where I live now, it's the complete opposite. The guy to gal ratio is skewed in favor of the women. And women out here are too picky. If you're a girl having trouble finding men, move to Texas.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:08 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
LOL what 20 year old wants an old fart? You better be a multi-millionaire, otherwise, you're a dirty old man.
I know, I was a 20 year old woman once too

Spot on. Even when I was 30, 40 was "old" to me. In my 20s, it was right out.

I'll say here what I said on the general Relationships forum, because DC men are absolutely no different: To read this forum, I should be all set to be passed over, overlooked, regarded as washed-up and past-tense. Yet I go out, and I get everyone from 24 to 64 chatting me up--and that's everywhere, not just places where people are drinking so you can't chalk it up to beer goggles.

Some guys here are hung up on concocting cocknbull posts about how men allegedly only want women in their 20s. They go on about "market value" and all of that other garbage.

But the truth is they don't know, because they're not women, so they can't speak to a woman's experience with men approaching her. They have their own narrow little perception and assume all men think like them and view women as worthless after 30. They're the Jon Snows of dating. They know nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: