Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 03:42 PM

417 posts, read 594,810 times

Advertisements

I noticed that are not too many women on here that have the issue of meeting too many compatible men or any men. DC has alot of homosexual men so that reduces the number even more. The rest are older men looking for the perfect woman and the rest have serious Asian fetishes. Oh and lets not forget about the elitist men who only want an Ivy Leaguer with political connections. Its not as bad as NYC but its bad.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I noticed that are not too many women on here that have the issue of meeting too many compatible men or any men. DC has alot of homosexual men so that reduces the number even more. The rest are older men looking for the perfect woman and the rest have serious Asian fetishes. Oh and lets not forget about the elitist men who only want an Ivy Leaguer with political connections. Its not as bad as NYC but its bad.
Yes, I think this is kinda true, also. Or else people move here with a group of friends from college and those are the people they hang out with and end up marrying.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Right, but its not like I can easily meet all 1000 of them and its not like I will be sexually attracted to all 1000 of them.

Our grandparents lived in a different world and a different time. Moot point.

And I'm not even complaining about the dating in DC. I'm just saying its hard to find someone you are both attracted to and compatible with in general. At least for me.
Population of Washington DC 658,893 (2014)

1,000 women out of 658,893 people. What are the odds you will meet the one in a setting where it seems appropriate to ask for a date?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:51 PM

814 posts, read 911,768 times
You guys are trying to infiltrate a flooded market, you must. go deeper behind the lines and find a girl that is easier accessible.

DC is a social scene that is too self absorbed. Its designed to look posh when in reality its very fake, god forbid you hook up with someone who is different from your circle, I mean what will your critics say?

The mistake you guys are making is you're too concerned about making others happy instead of making yourself happy.

I've done posh, military formals, wife looks amazing in a dress, I was in my dress green, what a show and you know save the baby and butt kissing for someone else, I like real so just be real with me.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:51 AM

417 posts, read 594,810 times
STEVEN1, you are a male!! It is not that difficult for guys to find someone. It is very difficult for females!! I know many women in DC that are attractive, smart, and nice that can't find good guys. Most men are just playing the field. I don't even know any single men in DMV in any age group and these guys are not even nice or attractive. I know alot of arrogant guys in DMV that think if a woman even looks at them that she wants them. These same guys would not be able to get dates so easily in other cities. There is a reason there is a term called "DC Cute."

Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,492 times
Lots of trying to project individual failures onto and across a large population. That's invalid. If you are having a hard time finding compatible people, rest assured that they are here in numbers. The problem is far more apt to lie in your own preconceptions and in what you do socially and how you do it. Take a step back.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:34 AM

125 posts, read 153,470 times
[got to page 8] Here’s a distant perspective, from a West-coaster now having spent nearly 2 months in DC (staying with a single longtime friend, in our 50’s). DC attracts Type A’s - period My favorite people watching has been between the metro tubes of Farragut South & North, often calling my family from the park as the locals scurry home…

Folks are in shape! ...as well as extremely aggressive and stressed. Dressed down, in Oregon fashion (but in shape as well), what I’ve detected in the women is a desire for relief. They appear to be following opportunity while playing a role, and dressing the part. I assume most feel it’s temporary and dream of escape. But, after more time than they’d planned to be here, become caught up in the stratified social expectations, remembering little else ... and fall into place. An ugly place.

I’ve daughters, in college and doing well (as many girls do). No aspirations for children, careers first. DC sounds fascinating … from 3,000 miles away. To me, it’s fake, temporary, and appears to bring out the worst in humanity. After 20 years here, looks fading, my friend is jaded. People here become unbalanced, removed from family dynamics and acquire skewed views on many aspects of life.

My advice to the girls? Avoid it! If that’s not possible, escape whenever and as soon as possible. Finding a mate, a lasting bond in DC..? Honestly, I suspect most folks are intelligent enough to realize they shouldn’t, not here. So women appear cold, while men likely view DC as unhealthy and temporary as well. They're here for other reasons - I am here to go ~

Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post

True but for every homosexual man and man in jail we have to deal with lesbian women, crazy women, women who bring nothing to the table but expect everything to be handed to them, woman that cant even boil a hotdog correctly, women with too many kids, too many tattoos, too many previous sex partners, etc so lets not act like this is one sided

Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM

483 posts, read 533,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregone View Post
[got to page 8] Here’s a distant perspective, from a West-coaster now having spent nearly 2 months in DC (staying with a single longtime friend, in our 50’s). DC attracts Type A’s - period My favorite people watching has been between the metro tubes of Farragut South & North, often calling my family from the park as the locals scurry home…

Folks are in shape! ...as well as extremely aggressive and stressed. Dressed down, in Oregon fashion (but in shape as well), what I’ve detected in the women is a desire for relief. They appear to be following opportunity while playing a role, and dressing the part. I assume most feel it’s temporary and dream of escape. But, after more time than they’d planned to be here, become caught up in the stratified social expectations, remembering little else ... and fall into place. An ugly place.

I’ve daughters, in college and doing well (as many girls do). No aspirations for children, careers first. DC sounds fascinating … from 3,000 miles away. To me, it’s fake, temporary, and appears to bring out the worst in humanity. After 20 years here, looks fading, my friend is jaded. People here become unbalanced, removed from family dynamics and acquire skewed views on many aspects of life.

My advice to the girls? Avoid it! If that’s not possible, escape whenever and as soon as possible. Finding a mate, a lasting bond in DC..? Honestly, I suspect most folks are intelligent enough to realize they shouldn’t, not here. So women appear cold, while men likely view DC as unhealthy and temporary as well. They're here for other reasons - I am here to go ~
I'd say you have pretty much nailed it, at least a lot of the reasons I wanted to get away. The type A personality thing is huge, I am not one, and for people who are not one DC is a very grating experience.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregone View Post

I see a lot of truth in this. DC is a rat race, and it's an artificial environment. You won't find another city like DC in the entire country, or the world. The way people push themselves here and spend hours everyday commuting is pretty insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: