Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 02:00 PM

8,216 posts, read 16,708,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
That stretch of sunny weather for the past week wasn't really the norm for late October but every year is different. Looks to be gone now though and nothing but clouds and some rain in the 10 day forecast but who knows. I checked the forecast yesterday and it said we were supposed to get like 3/4 days of rain this week and now it's nothing but cloudy weather instead.
I hear no rain in the first weeks of November is even stranger. We've had a mixture of clouds and sun for a long time (partly cloudy). The days start with fog/clouds, then it breaks in the afternoon with sun. We don't have rain for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping to get something even if sporadic showers.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 02:06 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
It is strange indeed. It's usually pouring rain this time of year. Seems like this year we are getting more clear days but when it does ran it's a lot of it. October had two heavy rain events that broke records yet more clear days than I remember in a long time.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:22 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,740,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
It is strange indeed. It's usually pouring rain this time of year. Seems like this year we are getting more clear days but when it does ran it's a lot of it. October had two heavy rain events that broke records yet more clear days than I remember in a long time.
Last Autumn was fairly similar as well. I don't remember getting much rain until December. I remember hearing on the news being under average rainfall. I figured this year would be different especially since this summer was quite cloudy and mild and even got some decent rain compared to previous years. It's weird walking on the fallen leaves and they are dry and crispy when everything is usually soaking wet and mushy.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Well, I just saw this: It’s the First Time in Over Six Decades Portland Has Seen No Rain the First Week of November!

Six decades is a long time and a record breaking November for most who have lived here less than that. When I started this thread last month, the models were showing rain right now. I guess we'll have to wait longer and see. As far as right now the sun is shinning after fog during the first half of the day. Overall its very pleasant even though unseasonably dry. Maybe a big snow dump is coming? I guess I'll enjoy these 50s and 60s days while they last.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 11-05-2019 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 PM

We will probably be below average rainfall if the forecast holds up for sure. Average rainy days this month is ~20 @ 8.63" and we haven't had any so far
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympi...hy_and_climate

Old 11-06-2019, 12:57 PM

I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the state, but here's a look out my window today. It's a beautiful day! Makes me want to break away from work and get out there. Maybe I will.

Derek

Old 11-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the state, but here's a look out my window today. It's a beautiful day! Makes me want to break away from work and get out there. Maybe I will.

Derek
It's overcast right now in Olympia

Old 11-06-2019, 02:32 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times
It's sunny here with very few high clouds.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
It was foggy and 34 when I left home this morning, but overcast and 44 here in Seattle. I heard there is a chance of a few sprinkles this weekend, and that we haven't had it this dry the first week of November since Eisenhower was President.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:53 AM

It's been foggy most mornings and then the sun comes in Vancouver. However, today I awoke to the sunrise with no fog which was more like a summer day. That was a surprise. The sun is still out. No rain is in sight at least for the next week. We'll see what the models show as the month progresses.

This might be the 'mildest' introduction to the PNW anyone has ever had. Maybe next fall the weather will be harsher? But who knows? I've experienced more severe fall weather in CA especially during El Nino years with floods, etc... While living in CO it was common to have several major snow storms by now. This year was no different for our relatives there. Halloween meant trick-or-treating in freezing temps normally. That was something you did 'quickly' before hypothermia set in. lol

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington