Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:22 PM

67 posts, read 256,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by washinton native View Post
What's the smallest room in the world?
The Washington State Cougar Hall of Fame.

How many Cougars does it take to win a Rose Bowl?
We don't know and never will.
lol so true..funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It might have a reputation for crime and violence but it can't compare to Flint,MI or Richmond,VA. Cities of similar size(Flint is smaller, and Richmond now has less people but both cities have more murders yearly than Tacoma.). I'm aware that Tacoma has some crime issues, Tacoma isn't nearly as violent as other cities.
I have to agree I was born and raised in Lakewood/Tacoma..not that bad trust me.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:00 PM

6 posts, read 37,962 times
So you love it??? WOW........amazing! I can't wait to get out of the PNW. I'm in Olympia and believe me when I say that Olympia is heaven compared to Tacoma and I still am counting the days till I'm outta here. The rain is enough to make you SCREAM! Tacoma has the highest suicide rate in the nation. Do you know why??? You will in a few years.
I wish you all the best. Really I do.
Take care.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:28 PM

86 posts, read 403,197 times
Same here!
I am tired of people knocking down Tacoma. Especially people who have never lived there or who have been away for a long time. Tacoma has changed from what I saw when I first arrived in 2001. Rapidly the downtown area changed and now is almost unrecognizable. I loved Tacoma so much that I bought a house in North Tacoma closer to Ruston way and Point Defiance. I truly love that area..

Currently we are working in Michigan but planning to return to PNW

Last edited by bellabella2; 01-04-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,814 times
Tacoma is a nice older town with lots of great neighborhoods.
The UW campus is located in the Downtown area with museums and theaters(plays not movies). There are a lot of condos and small restaurants and the convention center and office buildings but no large department stores. The stores moved out when the mall moved in. Point Definance is a wonderful park with a zoo and rose garden. The new transit center is great with free parking. I have no problems driving around any part of Tacoma, as in any city there are areas I would not want to live. I hope you get the job.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:25 AM

funny that folks think it rains a lot ..it's not even on the top 20 list of rainfall..all of them are down south..it drizzles here so it just seems like it rains a lot...I'm a native and never ever had depression or been down I'm very lively..all the natives are cool peeps!! lol...don't knock it till you try it. I still miss it

Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM

479 posts, read 2,224,370 times
North Tacoma is nice. I would start out looking near the University of Puget Sound.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:01 PM

37 posts, read 159,144 times
A friend writes tacoma undressed dotcom. It has some good info.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM

5 posts, read 19,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreen View Post
yet... is it safer than puyallup?
lmao!!!!! no

Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 PM

5 posts, read 19,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobot18 View Post
Wow this is horribly biased. It's coming from a Seattleite though
actully everything he said is right i lived here almsot all my life and his oppinion expresses almost everything anyone i knew here was single preety much eneded up moving this is not a city for singles at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington