Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 AM

473 posts, read 1,702,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Stingray, why not check out the Olympic Peninsula as well? Lots of small towns there, not as populous, very rainy and the odds of it growing is actually less than Bellingham and that area.
Olympic Peninsula? I'll need to get a map or see what that looks like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,478 times
The Aberdeen area has got to be the worst place in Washington State! It is also the suicide capital of the world.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Born n Raised View Post
The Aberdeen area has got to be the worst place in Washington State! It is also the suicide capital of the world.
Why is this? No sun?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:18 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,879,329 times
Eh, Aberdeen is a depressed, run-down logging town whose main industry has left town. I wouldn't know about the suicide thing, though.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,838,232 times
Quote:
...Aberdeen is a depressed, run-down logging town whose main industry has left town...
Being a depressed, run-down logging town is Aberdeen's main industry.

It brings in millions of dollars in the way of grants and no-interest loans meant to revive the area and stimulate the local economy.

Of course it's all wasted and stolen by unscrupulous developers, real estate speculators, and local politicians.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Eh, Aberdeen is a depressed, run-down logging town whose main industry has left town. I wouldn't know about the suicide thing, though.
SAD has something to do with the light and sun. I'm the opposite I can't stand the sun that brings brightness and heat. I prefer cool weather

Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 AM

229 posts, read 416,634 times
If you can't stand the sun, You will LOVE it in Western Washington!! FORSURE!!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,102,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
SAD has something to do with the light and sun. I'm the opposite I can't stand the sun that brings brightness and heat. I prefer cool weather
Lewis and Clark were not so impressed. (read up on their winter journal BEFORE coming, they were 'itchin' to leave ASAP)
""
During the 106 days the Lewis and Clark Expedition wintered at Fort Clatsop in 1806 it rained all but 12 days and 6 days were sunny. We are not always so dreary, but we do see an average of 70 inches of rain a year and the Cape Disappointment unit is the foggiest location in the Lower 48 states. Summer months are usually nice with days ranging from 55-70 degrees. Winters are wet and mild, usually 40-55 degrees." Lewis and Clark National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Ft Clatsop is very similar to Grays Harbor (Aberdeen), and a stone's throw away.

stingray427 You're gonna love this joint. Bring some Anti-Depressants for who ever comes with, or visits

Before we came from Colorado, a recently retired couple ventured out and returned in a HURRY to inform the CO folks... "There is even moss on the ROOFS!" (Plenty of that in Grays Harbor). I have a few cars that grow a pretty good crop of moss. I hope algae does as well (Biodiesel feedstock).

Imperium hopes so too!!! Maybe bring back some employment to Grays Harbor....
Imperium Renewables - Facilities
(another 'relic' industry rusting away in Aberdeen area)

Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
If you can't stand the sun, You will LOVE it in Western Washington!! FORSURE!!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrig777 View Post
What are the property taxes like in Washington? Do they vary by county? My husband was under the impression that there were no property tax in Washington, and no sales tax in Oregon, which is another state we were looking into as well.
There are property taxes in WA but no State Income Tax. The Property tax went up about 500% for me in 2010. Yes 500% you can take a look at the Stevens County Tax Assessor's web site for property tax info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington