Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
You're overcomplicating it. All you do is shift the hours forward, so if the train is 11AM then its 12PM your time. Of course you wouldn't be stupid enough to turn up at your times, the only purpose of having the clocks forward is to change the sun rise/set times, it doesn't matter about everything else. I don't know why people don't get this!
It's not overcomplicating it at all. Grown ups in the real world & who don't live in some fantastical little bubble, or who have no life & can stay in their bedrooms their whole life, NEED to all stick to the same time. It isn't difficult & I don't understand why YOU don't get this simple little fact. Why pretend the time is different to what it actually is??

Old 01-07-2018, 11:06 AM

1,218 posts, read 686,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
It's not overcomplicating it at all. Grown ups in the real world & who don't live in some fantastical little bubble, or who have no life & can stay in their bedrooms their whole life, NEED to all stick to the same time. It isn't difficult & I don't understand why YOU don't get this simple little fact. Why pretend the time is different to what it actually is??
Because there is no logic to time zones, they are completely arbitrary, and the sun sets too early for my liking in the winter. Now don't say I should move, because that's FAR more complex than changing the clocks. If you can't be bothered to create your own time zone, don't complain about dark evenings.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Because there is no logic to time zones, they are completely arbitrary, and the sun sets too early for my liking in the winter. Now don't say I should move, because that's FAR more complex than changing the clocks. If you can't be bothered to create your own time zone, don't complain about dark evenings.
It doesn't matter or make any difference if you think there is logic in time zones or not, they exist, period.
You cannot simply live in your own little time zone, different from everyone else around you & it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever why you would or even could, unless you live in a bunker cut off from the rest of the country & have no contact with anyone else at all. Jesus wept.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter or make any difference if you think there is logic in time zones or not, they exist, period.
You cannot simply live in your own little time zone, different from everyone else around you & it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever why you would or even could, unless you live in a bunker cut off from the rest of the country & have no contact with anyone else at all. Jesus wept.
I’m not the only one. There are other people in the country that do it. You can’t stop me and I do it because I like it, if I didn’t I wouldn’t do it. I don’t understand why people think it’s so complex. You just automatically convert the times

Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I’m not the only one. There are other people in the country that do it. You can’t stop me and I do it because I like it, if I didn’t I wouldn’t do it. I don’t understand why people think it’s so complex. You just automatically convert the times
Like who?? Who else lives in their own made up timezone??

But why bother to convert everything? Just use the correct time. Your family must think you are nuts.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Like who?? Who else lives in their own made up timezone??

But why bother to convert everything? Just use the correct time. Your family must think you are nuts.
My whole family use BST

That’s the thing, if you can’t be bothered, don’t complain about dark evenings

Old 01-07-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
My whole family use BST

That’s the thing, if you can’t be bothered, don’t complain about dark evenings
LOL sure they do...

And when have I ever complained about dark evenings?? Not that an hour would make much bloody difference anyway

Old 01-07-2018, 04:43 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
"Sun sets too early for my liking, so I'm gonna create my own time zone".

You have to be either joking, or trolling, at least I hope for your sake. No way is someone this ****ing stupid.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
LOL sure they do...

And when have I ever complained about dark evenings?? Not that an hour would make much bloody difference anyway
I replied to Togan93’s comment where they complained about dark evenings, and how they couldn’t wait for the clocks to go forward. The answer is, you don’t have to wait so why would you?

And yes that hour does make a BIG difference. I like my afternoon snack in the sunshine, not the pitch black!

Old 01-08-2018, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
"Sun sets too early for my liking, so I'm gonna create my own time zone".

You have to be either joking, or trolling, at least I hope for your sake. No way is someone this ****ing stupid.
“Sun sets too early for my liking, so I’m gonna sit here depressed and do nothing about it”

You have to be either joking, or trolling, at least I hope for your sake. No way is someone this stupid.

I observe my own time zone, just like some other people in this country do, deal with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather