Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: This Winter so far:
Happy it has been a warm winter so far: 30 54.55%
Sad it has been a warm winter so far: 24 43.64%
I could care less: 2 3.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times

Advertisements

Very happy, elated even. If it was a really cold winter, we'd almost be out of diesel by now, which heats our house. We could barely pay for that, if at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Nice had a very warm fall and winter so far, with an average high of 15.5°C in December. Gorgeous for Europe ! The rest of France was pretty warm as well; Rozenn shall confirm that downtown Paris didn't even get one frost so far this winter ! - (Lowest temp so far in Paris was -0.2°c according to the official station, but it's in a park at the end of the city Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de Paris - Montsouris ; 1.5°C in downtown Paris Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de Paris Saint-Germain-des-Prés (75)
Yup still no frost in downtown Paris. It's nice that Meteociel has an amateur weather station in Paris downtown since Meteo France decided to close the one at the Saint Jacques tower near Chatelet. Even knowing its mild microclimate, it's quite an achievement. I don't own a PWS, so can't confirm for my location, but it sure went below zero. I'm outside the (overly tight) city limits between the official Paris station and Orly airport, which both recorded frosts. Orly had 4 (one in October and three in December).
Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de Orly

Though I don't share your contentment, I wish we could have had a similar December as last year.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times
I now live in an area that doesn't get snow anyway but I do feel bad for the seasonal workers who have had a rough winter so far (ski resorts and all of their employees, plow personnel, etc.).

Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 PM

830 posts, read 1,729,355 times
we had at least 45 days of temp above 100 degrees last year in houston (and it's not dry heat). plus drought. this warm winter seems like it is just a precursor to another horrific summer. forest fires (which damage homes too), problems with crops, etc.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Just got around to reading this. Thanks for posting! I love reading his blogs.

He said exactly what I brought up. Some people dont understand snow is beneficial in some ways.
Though, as I said, a dry winter might be beneficial to the northeast — the soil is probably over saturated. It shouldn't take much precipitation to put the rivers on the verge of flooding again.'t we got a heavy snow winter like last winter, there might be spring flooding issues. Next week looks dry here.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM

174 posts, read 470,886 times
I'm sad it's been relatively warm and not snowy, but I'm happy that there has been bountiful sunshine available during the winter!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
I am happy that the winter has not tormented me and my old bones - but I am worried and sad what the summer might bring - If the winter is this mild - the summer might be horrifically hot..to the point that the temperature might begin to harm us...everyone likes to be warm - but not THAT warm. So it does make me sad that the climate is disrupted.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:24 PM

63 posts, read 82,425 times
pretty much both. i hate sunny weather, so i get aggravated, especially when the sun is in my ace, it gets me a headache. when it comes to hot weather, im a vampire, i get sick when im out in the sun.
when its winter, its a whole different story.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
I'm beyond happy. I usually HATE Fall & Winter but that hasn't been the case this time. This could be the first time in my life that I enjoyed a whole year of weather. If we make it to mid February like this that'd be 12 months of perfect weather.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,418,823 times
Personally I wish winter continued 3°C above average all the way because given what I do it makes life a lot easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather