Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times

Advertisements

I think if Mexico became a developed country (or at least developed to the point where crime and corruption were not major problems) and I had a chance to choose between it and Australia given the opportunity to live in both, I'd definitely choose Mexico for the reasons you mentioned above as well as the fact that I enjoy Latin culture and am interested in learning Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
If Mexico were more developed, as Deneb stated, then yes I would probably choose that over the Caribbean for warm winter place to visit or live. The beaches of the Yucatan are incredible.

I'm not sure if the British moving to Australia are doing that soley for climate. If you go onto British expat websites, there are many reasons they move there besides climate. Climate seems to be an added bonus for them.

Many Brits move to Canada as well, whereas they probably tend to just deal with the Canadian climate vs Australia where they seem to crave the increased sun hours. I think Brits move to Spain mostly for climate, where I think climate is one of many reasons they move to Australia and Canada. Just my take, and I could be wrong. I have a friend here who has both British and Australian nationality. He grew up in Liverpool and moved to Australia as a young adult. He lives in the US now and rarely travels to Australia. For holidays he seems to prefer flying over to Spain. He also likes to travel to Thailand. Money is not an issue for him as he is pretty wealthy.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I think if Mexico became a developed country (or at least developed to the point where crime and corruption were not major problems) and I had a chance to choose between it and Australia given the opportunity to live in both, I'd definitely choose Mexico for the reasons you mentioned above as well as the fact that I enjoy Latin culture and am interested in learning Spanish.
I like Acapulco's climate better than Kingston Jamaica.
Winter is 31/22 C (88/72 F)

Acapulco is one of the best climates for reliable year-round heat and sun
without being close enough to the equator for cloudy summer doldrums.

Jamaican culture has a charm of its own though... and I'm not talking ganja.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I like Acapulco's climate better than Kingston Jamaica.
Winter is 31/22 C (88/72 F)

Acapulco is one of the best climates for reliable year-round heat and sun
without being close enough to the equator for cloudy summer doldrums.

Jamaican culture has a charm of its own though... and I'm not talking ganja.
Acapulco has an absolutely fantastic climate... I went there a few years ago and absolutely loved it I'd definitely live there if the crime situation improved

Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Acapulco has an absolutely fantastic climate... I went there a few years ago and absolutely loved it I'd definitely live there if the crime situation improved
I'd mvoe there too. Then again, for me, plenty of places in Mexico that are as dangerous as or a bit safer than where I used to live in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has my 3 favorite climates (monsoon, rainforest, and warm subtropical highland) and I'm from there. I just don't like the fact that it's an island, it makes me feel a bit wanting sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather