Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Tornado touchdown outside Baltimore. Lots of cross winds in the atmosphere and strengthening low level jet.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
724 PM EDT MON JUN 10 2013
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
SOUTHERN CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...
WESTERN BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 800 PM EDT

* AT 718 PM EDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS REPORTED NEAR SYKESVILLE...
OR 12 MILES NORTHEAST OF DAMASCUS...AND WAS MOVING NORTHEAST AT
20 MPH. THIS TORNADO HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY STATE OFFICIALS. DAMAGE
HAS BEEN REPORTED WOODBINE WITH BUILDING AND TREE DAMAGE.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
ELDERSBURG...
OAKLAND...
GAMBER...
REISTERSTOWN...
OWINGS MILLS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,368,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post
I'm going to directly quote a very intelligent member of the netweather.tv forum:

Great, just great...anywhere else on this poxy planet apart from the UK get this vile rubbish we call weather in the summer? Unusually strong winds? Again? Can't we have unusually sunny and warm for once?

Exactly my sentiments... in the last six years and counting summer has consisted of unusually cool, unusually wet, unusually cloudy, unusually FREAKING CRAP SODDING UTTER USELESS PANTSY GARBAGE
You need a holiday I think....

There are so many warm summer/fall climates so close to the UK. Why not a trip to Bermuda, Italy, Spain...etc. I thought I read/saw that there is now a auto ferry from the UK to France. Why not spend some time on the French Med coast - this week has 70's F in Nice.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
You need a holiday I think....

There are so many warm summer/fall climates so close to the UK. Why not a trip to Bermuda, Italy, Spain...etc. I thought I read/saw that there is now a auto ferry from the UK to France. Why not spend some time on the French Med coast - this week has 70's F in Nice.
If he can fly to Seville, it's roasting near 100°F this weekend down there. It'll be so hot and sunny there, he'll get his fix for a month or 2 . As for me, I'm glad the days here haven't been horrendous lately. Most days have been mid to high 70s with the occasional mid to high 80s day a few times a week.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,821,176 times
It's less than 5 hours to Egypt Red Sea resorts like Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada. Guaranteed hot sunny weather from March to November. June-August are extremely hot and humid.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:51 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,890,394 times
Its 2500 miles away! Its a 6 hour flight. You may as well goto the caribbean.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If he can fly to Seville, it's roasting near 100°F this weekend down there. It'll be so hot and sunny there, he'll get his fix for a month or 2 . As for me, I'm glad the days here haven't been horrendous lately. Most days have been mid to high 70s with the occasional mid to high 80s day a few times a week.
I am! I cant wait I havent seen hot hot weather in ages!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:35 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,123,372 times
It's the first properly cold day of the summer, only 11°C at 11:34AM, with a low down to about 5°C in some areas of Buxton (but 6.7°C in my back garden). And also very gloomy, drizzly and overcast. Looks like the summer theme for at least the next week.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 AM

I know its freezing. 10c down on yesterday. I don't think that was the last of the warmth though.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 AM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Posting this here too since many members are in the path here.

June 13-14 Storm Update.

No Doubt all models have this storm. Now is a question of how much precip, and details like thunderstorms, wind, ect.

These frames are for the Thursday 8pm timeframe. Notice the Euro is slower than the rest with the center of the storm still over central PA while the rest are near the coast. CMC is the south most model with the storm near Virginia/Maryland border.

Either way you look at it, it looks like we have MORE rain and storms coming.. I think wind also since this looks to be a strong storm.

The light blues are heavy precip amounts within a 6hr period on this frame. So another words, the greens and blues represent how much rain falls from Thursday 2pm to Thursday 8pm. Blues are over an inch.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 AM

29,543 posts, read 19,640,423 times
Quote:
Long-Range Model Update for July, August and September
June 10, 2013; 9:32 AM
The updated seasonal ECMWF model forecast was updated yesterday (once a month) and below is my interpretation of what it shows for July, August and September in terms of temperature and precipitation anomalies. This is NOT an AccuWeather.com forecast.
The model does not seem very committed to any dominant type of pattern through the summer, thus the error may end up being a little greater than normal for this type of forecast.
Keep in mind, the model skill level is almost always higher for temperature compared to precipitation, especially during the warm season since precipitation is more convective in nature and can vary greatly over short distances.

Long-Range Model Update for July, August and September - Canadian Weather Blog Weather Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather