Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM

83,578 posts, read 75,545,909 times

Advertisements

A 116 Year old record cold temperature could be broken in Michigan U.S.A tonight. We'll see. Should come close for sure. 31 is the record for Gaylord and Traverse City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,746,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Oh misery of all miseries, been bloody downgraded again so no maxes over 13 degrees all week. WHAT THE HELL? IS THIS EFFING WINTER?

SERIOUSLY.

WHAT A JOKE.

3 WEEKS of June like this? ???/

You're kidding me! This is screwed up!!!

Coldest June on bloody record!!! This reminds me of December 2010, that freak below freezing month, but this is the summer equivalent. Outrageous and maddening. What a load of utter bull.
Today was a 16°C high overcast drizzly piece of crap. Utter vampire weather. It felt bad enough, I can't begin to think how not getting higher than 13°C for a whole week would feel like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Brief summary of our month's weather so far as of the morning of the 12th:

Average high: 16.7C/62-63F
Days over 70F: 0
24 hour+ rainfall events: 2
Rainfall: over 150% of the average for the whole month
Sunshine: 13 hours, or 7-8% of possible, 5-6 times below average

This is really impressively crap, particularly getting less sun in almost two weeks than we are capable of getting in a day - so long as we get some actual summer later on I personally don't mind if this keeps up all month so at least we have some laughably awful stats to show for it. No doubt we'll have a record-warm October or something to balance it out anyway.
Heathrow got 44 mm yesterday? Nice, at least some action.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,681,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Oh misery of all miseries, been bloody downgraded again so no maxes over 13 degrees all week. WHAT THE HELL? IS THIS EFFING WINTER?

SERIOUSLY.

WHAT A JOKE.

3 WEEKS of June like this? ???/

You're kidding me! This is screwed up!!!

Coldest June on bloody record!!! This reminds me of December 2010, that freak below freezing month, but this is the summer equivalent. Outrageous and maddening. What a load of utter bull.
Those are probably like your record high January temps.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,437,564 times
Yesterday (12th) was the first day of June so far to record no measurable rain. Could be the last for a while. Next day it rains will be the 100th rain day this year.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,566,841 times
68F/57F is the temp spread for today with 0.17" of rain...up to 2" for June now.

It's been nice and humid.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,590,278 times
Ok. The summer thread needs summer photos, and I'm sure you've all been waiting for another batch of my photos. While summer has the least distinctive landscapes (no budding flowers, snow or fall colors) of any season I tried to add some weather-related photos so it fits the forum better.

Anyhow I did another long bike ride recently (similar to this post about half a week ago. Woke up a little after sunrise and was completely cloudy and fogged over. Fog started to lift a bit after I started riding around 7:30 AM.

from the same spot I also got a beautiful view of an abandoned (probably textiles) mill building:

another view of the same mountain:

valley fog still stuck around:

looking back at the valley after climbing into the hills. Fog leaves the valley last:

Nice lake:

Very windy up in the higher elevations:

Sky was getting me very worried. Anvil shape looked like there might be a thunderstorm:

Windy road:

The tallest waterfall in Massachusetts isn't very tall:

Looking into New York State:

Sky in New York State looked unfriendly:

Luckily, no rain.

Farm Country:

Train station. Bike path on other side of the fence.

The train station at the other end of the line was bigger and in a busier area:

Was standing around for a while waiting to meet someone, got bored and set the shutter to open for a while to see if I could catch the blur of people. A of couple people asked me to take their photos. Some people think it's neat to be photographed inside a train station.

Last edited by nei; 06-12-2012 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Fog started to lift a bit after I started riding around 7:30 AM.
from the same spot I also got a beautiful view of an abandoned (probably textiles) mill building:
another view of the same mountain:
valley fog still stuck around:
looking back at the valley after climbing into the hills. Fog leaves the valley last:
Nice lake:
Very windy up in the higher elevations:
Sky was getting me very worried. Anvil shape looked like there might be a thunderstorm:
Windy road:
The tallest waterfall in Massachusetts isn't very tall:
Looking into New York State:
Sky in New York State looked unfriendly:
Luckily, no rain.
Farm Country:
Train station. Bike path on other side of the fence.
The train station at the other end of the line was bigger and in a busier area:
Was standing around for a while waiting to meet someone, got bored and set the shutter to open for a while to see if I could catch the blur of people. A of couple people asked me to take their photos. Some people think it's neat to be photographed inside a train station.

Wow, I really enjoyed that post. Only thing is I didnt know where I was. Where were these taken? My favorite ones were:

Above and below "looking into NY State"
Above and below "Luckily no rain"

Thanks for sharing! I might have to myself now. :-)

Old 06-13-2012, 04:29 AM

June 13, 2012 current morning temps. 30s and 40s across Wisconsin/Michigan and eastern Minnesota

Old 06-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Another 10°C / 50°F at mid-day temperature again today. So like winter, that I am dressing up for winter again. I went out with my coat, hat and scarf on today, to battle the cold. It certainly helped. Also don't forget that it is overcast again today, as it has been every day for 443,046,341,509,994 days in a row so far.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 AM

Another deep depression bears down upon the UK for the 18th of the month, after we get Friday's deep depression and 2-3 inches of rain out of the way. Possibly another 2-3 inches from this projected low in the picture here. On track for the wettest June on record. By by June 2007.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather