Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:43 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,691,691 times

Advertisements

Well, not for me. I live in a place where frontal rain goes on for ages loads and it's the ultimate depression weather. I like macho, yang, "alpha" weather. Hot and sunny, humid, and violent scary but shortlived storms. Not dweeby wet crap all day where I have my outdoor plans wrecked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Well, not for me. I live in a place where frontal rain goes on for ages loads and it's the ultimate depression weather. I like macho, yang, "alpha" weather. Hot and sunny, humid, and violent scary but shortlived storms. Not dweeby wet crap all day where I have my outdoor plans wrecked.
I like that sort of weather when I not working, but once I finish work due to weather, I don't want to have to go back if it clears up - which it usually does.

If it's going to rain on a work day, it can pour down all day.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM

3,586 posts, read 4,976,734 times
I like these days. Too bad they aren't common.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
It's raining in Texas this morning and I'm happy. Every once in awhile I just enjoy a good "rainy" day. Now if you get too many all in a row...yeah, that can get dreary. But I don't know...there's just something about a rainy or overcast day that I enjoy. It's kind of cozy. Does anyone else ever feel that way?
The only thing better is to totally be snowed in. It is a day all to yourself when you can relax knowing no one will be coming by for anything more than hot chocolate and pop corn.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,590,086 times
Yes I enjoy them generally, especially during summer where a rainy day is a rare and exciting event.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:55 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,218,847 times
I love rainy days.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:29 AM

735 posts, read 655,214 times
I'd love some good rain days right about now. Tired of this constant sunny, dry weather. It's normal in the summer here, but it's well into fall and the last significant rainfall was in September. Everything is still yellow and ugly and the Sierra Nevadas are getting no percipitation either, so no skiing.

On a side note, why do many places in the Eastern USA get green in the summer and brown in the winter, even if they get fairly even precipitation?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,890,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
I'd love some good rain days right about now. Tired of this constant sunny, dry weather. It's normal in the summer here, but it's well into fall and the last significant rainfall was in September. Everything is still yellow and ugly and the Sierra Nevadas are getting no percipitation either, so no skiing.

On a side note, why do many places in the Eastern USA get green in the summer and brown in the winter, even if they get fairly even precipitation?

We're headed towards a major DROUGHT It's normal for June through September to be bone dry (we were lucky to get almost an inch of rain on that one day in September). However, no rain in October is not normal for us and it's even more abnormal to have zero rain in November (just checked the long range and the rest of the month is gonna remain BONE dry). I think this whole winter is gonna be well below normal in rainfall. .
But we may get a good storm or two in early spring. Do you remember that awesome thunderstorm we had in April of 2012? A night to remember: Thunderstorm shatters records - SFGate
That was also after a bone dry fall.

The northeast and midwest turns brown in winter because of the below freezing temperatures that kill the vegetation. I think the some of the Gulf Coast remains green year round. Florida turns brown because winter is their dry season.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:04 AM

137 posts, read 82,069 times
On Tuesday 10th December, my place got 45 mm of rain in just 2 hours and I was extremely happy. For your knowledge, the average annual rainfall for my place is only 75 mm. 2019 is about to finish and we got since the beginning of the year 87 mm. I wish 2020 will be like 2018 when we got over 250 mm of rain.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:38 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,874,096 times
I don't like rainy weather at all, especially if it is cold. I would like to live in a place where it only rains from thunderstorms lasting 1 hour or so a few times in summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather