Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,357 times

Advertisements

Thank you Steve. I try to explain this to some of my friends and they just shake their heads. Oh well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
I like rain...I like most weather actually: rain, snow, fog, bitter cold...the only weird thing I am having trouble adjusting to is sun. My hubby and I relocated to AZ in April of this year and there's just so much sunshine! Yes, that is a ludicrous statement but we just moved from the Bay Area where there are actual seasons and cold...I got so used to the cold. I lived in the city of San Francisco for 4 years, during which I lived on the foggy side of town for 4 years. Now it's just sun sun sun...*sigh* For now I am making the most of living here but I think we are definitely going to be moving in three to four years. You know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Too much of one thing is never good, I can completely agree.
Absolutely. I can relate. Sometimes here in the summer we get so many sunny days with no rain, I get tired of it. However, if we have 10 days to 2 weeks without sun, I don't like that either. A little of each is a good thing IMO.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:10 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,454,447 times
I adore summer rain. It brings refreshing coolness after heat, makes air very fresh and keeps grass from being yellow and scorched.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
I love rainy days. I find extended dry sunny spells depressing.

I like it when it just pours down all day, with no wind, or when I can't hear the music because of the rain on the roof.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:30 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
OMG I'm the same way I love days with heavy rain. It's just something about the atmosphere and relaxing indoors or getting outside and battling the elements. I wish that where I was at the winters were really rainy instead of really snowy. I know that in Maritime areas people get depress with this sort of weather but they also get cool summers instead of summers like on the Eastern USA.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
OMG I'm the same way I love days with heavy rain. It's just something about the atmosphere and relaxing indoors or getting outside and battling the elements. I wish that where I was at the winters were really rainy instead of really snowy. I know that in Maritime areas people get depress with this sort of weather but they also get cool summers instead of summers like on the Eastern USA.
It's not really the heavy rain that depresses some people here, but weeks of showery weather. It's like that here at times during winter, with shower after shower for 2-3 weeks. The sun would still be shining about 50% of the time though, so it's not that gloomy. It's the fungi and mold that starts growing, and mud, rats and mice, that I don't like.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:47 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
I love rainy days as well, I love it when we get a SW airflow from the Gulf during the summer here, brings all-day rain with up to 8-9 thunderstorms in a single day, it's awesome. I also love those all-day steady rain with temps in the 40s, those days are nice too.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's not really the heavy rain that depresses some people here, but weeks of showery weather. It's like that here at times during winter, with shower after shower for 2-3 weeks. The sun would still be shining about 50% of the time though, so it's not that gloomy. It's the fungi and mold that starts growing, and mud, rats and mice, that I don't like.
Ha ha ya I can get a bit depress with days of rain but despite this I still prefer to live in a rainforest due to all of the green. As long as there's mountains and coast line. Snow and cold depresses me way more which my location gets way too much of.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I was walking down a street the other day and noticed moss developing on the pavements.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I love rainy days as well, I love it when we get a SW airflow from the Gulf during the summer here, brings all-day rain with up to 8-9 thunderstorms in a single day, it's awesome. I also love those all-day steady rain with temps in the 40s, those days are nice too.
I know Tallahassee is cold by Florida standards, but I wouldn't have thought you get days in the 40's with all day rain. That wouldn't be common here with all day rain. The day could start off in the 30's, it would mostly likely reach the 50's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather