Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the four climates would you choose?
Comfortville 8 16.00%
Lushland Gardens 12 24.00%
Paradise Island 17 34.00%
Frozeria 2 4.00%
F***ing fictional climates-WASTE OF FORUM SPACE! 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Firstly, there isn't zero precipitation.. it's just low.
No precipitation ever recorded is zero in my book.

Quote:
Besides, you can always irrigate places where you want to have plant life.
I'm very aware. You can't landscape as far as the eye can see. Everywhere you go will look bla.

Quote:
As long as I can go swimming at the beach every day of the year that's all I care about.
It will be a desert beach.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
Paradise Island gets light precipitation throughout the year and things are green there because the light rain occurs reliably several times each month- it rains about twice a week; it just rarely rains hard.
Those temps are too hot for me.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,508,061 times
Um you do realize that deneb is talking about Paradise Island and not Comfortville...

Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,887,266 times
I would get bored stiff with the monotony of Comfortville and lack of rain. Lushland Gardens would be fun to watch a torrential downpour....at first...but then I suspect I'd get tired of the constant heavy rain most of the time and desire some clear, blue sky dry days now and then. Also too much constant heavy so much of the time can be an inconvenience even if the temperatures are comfortable.

Paradise Island has both a lot of sun and light to moderate rain spread throughout the year as well as perfect temperatures for swimming and all other water sports and great beach weather. A tad too warm for hiking and non-water outdoor activities but still tolerable if I wore a hat and brought water. It would be TOO WARM for me to sleep at night without AND too warm to function in the office by day without AC...so I'd pick Paradise Island as long as I had AC when I needed it. If I couldn't have AC, I'd pick Lushland Gardens as at least it does get a few dry days each month during the less wet part of the year as well as variety in terms of the intensity of rain and some breaks between the rain on some days while Comfortville would offer no variety at all.

I give Paradise Island a C, Lushland Gardens a D+, and Comfortville an E, and Frozeria a Z minus to the 100th power!

Last edited by AdriannaSmiling; 06-26-2013 at 01:25 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Paradise Island. If temperatures are gonna be warm year round it might as well be nice with some variation and not too much rain. And as for Frozeria, I don't even think the hardcore cold lovers will pick that, lol.
My thoughts exactly. I vote for Paradise Island.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Paradise Island is too hot for my tastes.

No rain wouldn't bother me so long as there's an ocean and a river, which I'm going to go ahead and assume Comfortville has, so I choose that.

The other two climates are not habitable for humans so far as I'm concerned. Technically, I guess Lushland is, but it would be the most miserable place.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Paradise Island. If temperatures are gonna be warm year round it might as well be nice with some variation and not too much rain. And as for Frozeria, I don't even think the hardcore cold lovers will pick that, lol.
YOU wouldn't but I am willing to bet money that there are at least two regulars on the weather forum (I won't mention names) that will vote for Frozeria over the other three.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
For extra credit, guess which U.S. cities Comfortville, Lushland Gardens, and Paradise Island are loosely based on!
Comfortville --- San Diego

Lushland Gardens --- Hilo

Paradise Island --- Honolulu

Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Comfortville --- San Diego

Lushland Gardens --- Hilo

Paradise Island --- Honolulu

Yep! with Honolulu being the closest match. The real Hilo is slightly warmer and gets about half as much rain as Lushland Gardens (but still a LOT) and the real San Diego, of course, does get a bit more temperature variation than Comfortville, and does get a little rain....once in a while...

Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Paradise Island is too hot for my tastes.

No rain wouldn't bother me so long as there's an ocean and a river, which I'm going to go ahead and assume Comfortville has, so I choose that.

The other two climates are not habitable for humans so far as I'm concerned. Technically, I guess Lushland is, but it would be the most miserable place.

Lushland would be very livable, as long as the community was built to be flood resistant and most actively used outdoor places had a patio covering. Wear a poncho and/or carry an umbrella and you'll be fine! Extremely comfortable temperatures and lots and lots of lush greenery. It's far more liveable than any place that gets extremes in temperatures (Death Valley's heat or Northern Alaska's tundra winters).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather